Spoof On Thailand Removed From Youtube

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Certainly it looked like that was about to happen during Obama's recent visit from the way Yingluck was coyly grinning and gazing into his eyes. laugh.png

.......................post-9891-0-10251700-1360040758_thumb.jp]

"One night in Bangkok makes a humble man hard Mr President "giggle.gif

Maybe she was trying to emulate Mae West?

Mae%20West.jpg

oh please that is one ugly woman/man eech

I was referring to the look.Google her most favorite line.

80 years ago the great Mae West was considered one of the most salacious women ever to have been up on screen.

No doubt a tad before your time chooka.wink.png

"Huuh, is that a gun down your pants or are you just pleased to see me"

• Like 2

whistling.gif Maybe too many Western men leaving and marrying Asian women.....angry.png ....sorry.gif

Must get the media to make them look like abnormal sex jerks....vampire.gif

When is the American media going to make one about Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines, China, and maybe we can include every third world country?...NO! maybe that would be to distracting for the American public....intheclub.gif

whistling.gif Maybe too many Western men leaving and marrying Asian women.....angry.png ....sorry.gif

When is the American media going to make one about Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines, China, and maybe we can include every third world country?...NO! maybe that would be to distracting for the American public....intheclub.gif

None of which have a bigger sex trade than Thailand or are as famous as Thailand for sex-tourism.

None of which have a bigger sex trade than Thailand or are as famous as Thailand for sex-tourism.

I don't know if Thailand has a bigger sex trade than the Philippines or any other destination. And having studied the 4th Estate, I know that only the established press can make you or break you...FAMOUSLY!.....post-4641-1156693976.gif

It's not like there aren't sex workers all over the world. But Thailand has the best BRAND recognition in the trade. It it what Thailand is best known for all over the world. It may drive many Thais absolute batty but its still the reality. Other countries and cities have negative brand images as well. There is only one way to change those and they start at home, not with silly complaints.

For example, the USA is known internationally as a gun crazy country. Complaining about people thinking that won't make it not so, or stop people from thinking that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I love these announcement where the Thai government always states that

The skit upset many Thai citizens who felt it tarnished the country's image and caused complaints to be filed to the Culture Ministry.

Just exactly how many Thai citizens "caused complaints" since so few speak English and those who do would understand "tongue in cheek" humor.

I'm sure they could make up a totally unsubstantiated number of complaints for you if you wish.

• Like 1

I love these announcement where the Thai government always states that

The skit upset many Thai citizens who felt it tarnished the country's image and caused complaints to be filed to the Culture Ministry.

Just exactly how many Thai citizens "caused complaints" since so few speak English and those who do would understand "tongue in cheek" humor.

I'm sure they could make up a totally unsubstantiated number of complaints for you if you wish.

Right you are. One call to TAT and they can come up with a verified number in the tens of millions.
  • Like 1

All agree that it is not unfounded mockery. Interestingly, the skit and the subsequent hysteria make for a more penetrative form of truth-telling about Thailand's sex industry than the 'nudge-nudge wink-wink' treatment it usually recieves. As suggested by those before me, all Thai's truly offended by the skit should be down at the local authorities, police, MPs etc, banging on doors and demanding to know why the relevant laws are not being applied.

I must say, the prospect of Jon Stewart and his 'Daily Show' team stepping up to the plate on this story is mouth-watering to say the least. They would likely go beyond mere intimation and could really cause some seat squirming among Thai officialdom who've been brought up either to 'look the other way' or to 'get a piece of the action' when it comes to the illegal sex industry in Thailand.

The whole saga should be a rally cry to the short film makers and others in Thailand seeking a voice to decry corruption and environmental neglect in Thailand. Bring on the sequels.

Edited by bluegum
  • Like 1

I wonder what Roseta Stone think about this. I would assume they would have to give permission and they are the only one likely to do something about it although it's a bit late now.

It's probably an opportunity for them to add on languages study modules: bar girl Thai 101, for gays - money boy Thai 101, and the advanced "going native in Isaan" module. tongue.png

Yes - and

Itchy ear translation

Gobbledogook with ear medicine

puppetry made simple

All agree that it is not unfounded mockery. Interestingly, the skit and the subsequent hysteria make for a more penetrative form of truth-telling about Thailand's sex industry than the 'nudge-nudge wink-wink' treatment it usually recieves. As suggested by those before me, all Thai's truly offended by the skit should be down at the local authorities, police, MPs etc, banging on doors and demanding to know why the relevant laws are not being applied.

I must say, the prospect of Jon Stewart and his 'Daily Show' team stepping up to the plate on this story is mouth-watering to say the least. They would likely go beyond mere intimation and could really cause some seat squirming among Thai officialdom who've been brought up either to 'look the other way' or to 'get a piece of the action' when it comes to the illegal sex industry in Thailand.

The whole saga should be a rally cry to the short film makers and others in Thailand seeking a voice to decry corruption and environmental neglect in Thailand. Bring on the sequels.

But you're missing the point, everyone knows its there and tacitly condones it. They dont want it to go away, they just want you to shut up about it and pretend it doesnt exist

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The Daily Show Jon Stewart's " A Jewish Christmas Carol..."Fox News won't shut up about "The War on Christmas," Jon Stewart had a little fun with the reasons behind the season. In his own words: "Christmas belongs to all of us because all of us can find something in it to be angry about."

Did the Vatican complain about this? Probably not because of Vatican 2.

I just sent an email to Jon and the Daily Show with the YouTube URL of the clip along with a copy and paste of the culture ministry nonsense demand it be removed. I doubt they pick up on it but one never knows.
  • Like 2

It's not like there aren't sex workers all over the world. But Thailand has the best BRAND recognition in the trade. It it what Thailand is best known for all over the world. It may drive many Thais absolute batty but its still the reality. Other countries and cities have negative brand images as well. There is only one way to change those and they start at home, not with silly complaints.

For example, the USA is known internationally as a gun crazy country. Complaining about people thinking that won't make it not so, or stop people from thinking that.

Thailand the HUB of Prostitution

But you're missing the point, everyone knows its there and tacitly condones it. They dont want it to go away, they just want you to shut up about it and pretend it doesnt exist

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Worlds oldest profession and people still complain about it. Jesus had more time for prostitutes than scibes (Lawyers)..wai.gif

• Like 1

I wonder what Roseta Stone think about this. I would assume they would have to give permission and they are the only one likely to do something about it although it's a bit late now.

No they would not have to give any permission.

Many years ago i was shown a phrase book by a bargirl. Whoever wrote it obviously had a very broad experience. I should have bought it off the girl, it wasn't your everyday phrasebook by any means. It was very well thumbed to say the least.

I checked where it had been printed. Bangkok

I love this line

Sonthaya said the ministry also wanted the "Saturday Night Live" producer to explain the facts and know that Thais were upset about the offensive presentation

I can just imagine the producer on SNL listening to the Minister, demanding he explain himself and the producer replying " Listen here buddy, you Mother *******, retard, I don't give a flying **** what you think say or do, now I am arranging for someone in the embassy in Bangkok to deliver a dollar to you, so you can phone someone who gives a **** ".

The funny thing is without the ministers intervention, the media would not have reported it and it would have received 90% less hits. Gotta laugh! They will make a follow-on now on SNL, can't wait to see what they put on this weekend!

• Like 2

They are going after this spoof when there are numerous current affairs videos from around the world on youtube reporting the real sex industry in Thailand. The sex industry, the corruption, the scams and the real dark side. Wouldn't thier attention and efforts be better spent on trying to get these removed as thy are realistic and more hard hitting?

Tuesday, February 5th 7.20pm

Hi I live in Pattaya and just looked it up on You Tube out of interest. It Is still there !

can't be as we have on good authority that it is gone. You have a wild imagination my friend and need to take a nap and get off the drugs.thumbsup.gif

Sarcasism my friend, no offence intended.