Channel 3 Actor Admits To Thong Lor Shooting: Bangkok

webfact

Surely Thai law - as complex and convoluted as it is - is clear on the subject. Simply put, is bail permissible after an act of this sort, especially after admitting the fact?

If not, then the law would - should - state clearly that the suspect is put on remand pending a full police investigation and any charges to be laid.

This gentleman has had how long to get his story, witnesses, lawyers etc. up to speed with his version of the events?

Furthermore, surely the police are obliged by law and due process to find criminal suspects and arrest them for investigation and not wait until they put in a guest appearance at the police station.

I don't know what the law says on the matter. Does anyone out there have any information on this?

I guess the 5,000 baht a month, a whistle and a uniform does not include protecting anyone.

What would you have him do? Take a bullet to the face so that his family can collect the bribe money he pays to stay out of jail? I'm sure everyone else but him would be fine with that though...

Makes a mockery of the word 'security' then doesn't it.

I guess the 5,000 baht a month, a whistle and a uniform does not include protecting anyone.

What would you have him do? Take a bullet to the face so that his family can collect the bribe money he pays to stay out of jail? I'm sure everyone else but him would be fine with that though...

Makes a mockery of the word 'security' then doesn't it.

No it doesn't. If they were bodyguards you could be right but they're not, and you're not. Possibly he was running to summon assistance?

What would you have done in that situation, big man, bearing in mind you'd be unarmed and on "5000 baht" salary also?

The CCTV footage shows that he is the one who pulled the trigger, hopefully in light of the video evidence he will face jail time, hopefully.

Yes - and it looks like he lied about the gun going off in a struggle. Seems he lost his temper, drew his gun (did he have a licence/permit to carry it?), ran in to close the distance and executed the person annoying him. The reacton from the females was awful - looks like complete apathy and they seem to just want to pull the killer away from the scene. The security guard was quite close when the murderer fired - would anyone in their right mind not have legged it? (Apart from all the TV ex-special forces experts of course who would have disarmed and arrested him in a flash). The guard probably thought he was next on the list.

Interesting that this CCTV video has not "disappeared" and even been posted on the net. Maybe this killer not as well connected or influential as he thought. I hope he gets the full weight of justice.......................... although as TiT I somehow doubt it.

• Like 1

Surely Thai law - as complex and convoluted as it is - is clear on the subject. Simply put, is bail permissible after an act of this sort, especially after admitting the fact?

If not, then the law would - should - state clearly that the suspect is put on remand pending a full police investigation and any charges to be laid.

This gentleman has had how long to get his story, witnesses, lawyers etc. up to speed with his version of the events?

Furthermore, surely the police are obliged by law and due process to find criminal suspects and arrest them for investigation and not wait until they put in a guest appearance at the police station.

I don't know what the law says on the matter. Does anyone out there have any information on this?

I am imagine the laws are written in crayon on the back of a series cocktail napkins and bathroom cubicles.

Edited by farang000999
  • Like 1

Yeap, most security guards (especially unarmed guards) are meant to be like scarecrows...hopefully just their presence keeps most bad guys away and in those cases where the bad guys still come then run and call for help.

If I had been the security guard without a weapon I would have run like hell also.

The guy could have at least BLOWN his whistle... loudly! tongue.png

Interesting that it was the ladies who were trying to keep the two guys apart, until the actor guy pulled his gun and started running.

But if the shooting occurred at that point, I was watching and trying to see if anyone of them flinched or ducked or anything (which people would normally do amid the sound of gunfire). But I didn't see anyone in the video showing that reaction.

The CCTV footage shows that he is the one who pulled the trigger, hopefully in light of the video evidence he will face jail time, hopefully.

All he did was kill somebody. Can't you see he needs to go make merry merit. Just an average local that happens to be on the tube and it's the fault of that CCTV for causing him to lose face.

I am imagine the laws are written in crayon on the back of a series cocktail napkins and bathroom cubicles.

Erasable markers on a whiteboard.

Great proof of his self defense claim. I guess he was in 'character' a bit too long. And don't we all just love the way the 'security' guard ran away? I guess the 5,000 baht a month, a whistle and a uniform does not include protecting anyone.

The guard had no gun for sure and is not Super Human. You would jump on the "Tv star' who pulled a gun? I doubt you do that!whistling.gif

So he admits to a premeditaded murder then walks out the police station saying 'ok see ya later'. Thailand is simply the best place in the world ever for the rich and famous! What should have happened was immediate arrest do not pass go, move directly to jail! He did not have to confess the tape shows what he did. He can now be tried and sentenced in 30 mins on Monday bam! Life in prison.... Next! Chances of that ....zero. He will get 5 years because he confessed reduced to 4 for being a monk for a week.

Accidental? Crazy idea and talk!

That "TV' star? would not walk free a day, with that CCTV footage in my home country. (Austria) Sit in trial detention instead! TIT, plain crazy! bah.gif

Arthur my boy, to answer your question, you only need to look at the most extreme case of madness ever (in my opinion) regarding murder and bail.

http://www.thaivisa....-bail-thailand/

I'll summarize it, a group of cops were convicted of torturing and murdering a young guy during the thaksin drug crackdown and are also suspected in 20 other murders. Some were sentenced to death and some to life in prison.They got bail the next day. Yes, death penalty....then bail.To top it off the police gave each of them 100,000 baht for moral support when they were released. Yup, 100,000 baht gift to murderers...from "law enforcement"

http://www.humanrigh...RC-STM-207-2012

so yeah, this guy getting bail for a murder is par for the course. Whats the law in the books you ask? eh, it doesnt matter here.

Interesting and shameful story. I just wondered if anything else has happen regarding this case

I'm sorry but is that a clip of the shooting from YouTube? That is mental; as far as the culture ministry is concerned you don't put on SNL skits about fact that Thailand is a shag palace for the masses of sad gits who swarm here every day of the week, but someone shooting someone else is fine. Priorities mate, priorities!

Excellent point. A murder scene in Thailand seems to be appropriate but jokingly implying that Thailand is a haven for sex tourists on youtube is taboo. My guess is that if the killer was Farang the situation would be quite different.

There are no laws in Thailand when you are an actor or loaded with connections and money. If you are Farang on the other hand then all Thai laws apply.
  • Like 1

Police enforcement and Thai justice is very selective. Thai people joke constantly about Thai prisons being for the poor while the rich and influential Thai people get away with murder in their country everyday. Another classic example is the Red Bull heir who hit, dragged and killed a Thai policeman in the early morning hours after his run of the clubs downtown. Police evidence showed cocaine in his system but he was not charged. There has not been much information about the outcome of the incident but I read recently that he was charged only with drunk driving and speeding. He will never spend a day of jail time.

• Like 1

What was amazing was how calm the girls were... it was just totally normal - "okay, time to go back and take a nap" after the shooting..

I presume a bit drunk for sure, see on Video, 7 AM morning!? and possibly, had some drugs in them to. whistling.gif

Can this country sink any lower? How can this man be allowed to walk away free with such overwhelming evidence? The arrogance of him and the incompetence of the police here is truly astounding. The women who witnessed it and walked away (rather casually in my opinion) should also be charged for failing to report a murder. He should receive no reduction in sentence as he initially lied saying it accidentally discharged during a struggle. Thailand truly is morally bankrupt.

They just can't be bothered with it all, Much easier to mai pen rai. And there's no public pressure to act, because the public is busy with mai pen rai as well.

though if it had been a farang committing the murder, bloody hell would freeze over before he'd be allowed to just strut out of the police station.

For sure,

the German guy who stabbed his Thai GF to death in a jealous rage, in a Udon Thani Pub-Internet Coffee shop last year,

was hunted down-was not diifficult, (threw his Mobile signal) and got no bail!

Our Scandinavian Thaivisa comrade and Mod. for some time? who put his Thai Ex GF to death,

in what way ever, (says also accident) in Phuket and kept her body hidden in his house, got no bail either.

But the Thai wife-legal married with a daughter together who put her Austrian husband to death with 23 ! knife stabbings, in "SELF DEFENSE",

a year or so ago, in Udon Thani province, (Thread in Thaivisa-Isaan about it), never set a foot in the prison. Is free,

Got "exceeded self defense" as a judgement" and as far as I know, did never any time.

A Falang I know, helps her now to try to get her Austrian "widow's pension"

and there are discussions to about her heritage with that verdict and a life insurance in her name!blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

Words fail me....He basically admits to a cold blooded murder, and the police let him go ??? I really really need to start compiling these stories, and put them in a book called " Amazing Thailand, tales from a strange place"...

Here is a tip for the Thai police regarding actors. These are people who respond to a cattle call, and read some lines from a piece of paper.

If they read the lines well, they are picked by a director to read some more lines in front of a camera. THAT IS IT !!!!!!!!!!

Why the police would imbue them with presumed power, and treat them with kid gloves is a mystery to me. Throw this guy

in jail for murdering someone, exactly the same as a standard person....

Have you ever seen Thai "actors" act? They definately do not get picked by a director because they are good actors. They get "picked" because their influential and rich fathers calls in a favor from the director, og because their fathers are the bosses of the director. These same fathers are also the reason the police do not just run out and arrest him, as they risk causing trouble for their superiors, who by now have already received a bribe and/or an order from one of the fathers friends in the government!

That along with the dire need to go and make his "merit" at the temples

He will probably make "merit" in a temple in a =far far away country=! I would.

If not, he is already sure, that his and his families connection help him out of that "problem". whistling.gif

Then there's Chalerm's son who shoots a policeman to death in front of lots of witnesses, and now is an Army officer.

Actually he's a policeman now.

Amazing Thailand.

Edited by cbrer

For sure,

the German guy who stabbed his Thai GF to death in a jealous rage, in a Udon Thani Pub-Internet Coffee shop last year,

was hunted down-was not diifficult, (threw his Mobile signal) and got no bail!

Our Scandinavian Thaivisa comrade and Mod. for some time? who put his Thai Ex GF to death,

in what way ever, (says also accident) in Phuket and kept her body hidden in his house, got no bail either.

But the Thai wife-legal married with a daughter together who put her Austrian husband to death with 23 ! knife stabbings, in "SELF DEFENSE",

a year or so ago, in Udon Thani province, (Thread in Thaivisa-Isaan about it), never set a foot in the prison. Is free,

Got "exceeded self defense" as a judgement" and as far as I know, did never any time.

A Falang I know, helps her now to try to get her Austrian "widow's pension"

and there are discussions to about her heritage with that verdict and a life insurance in her name!blink.png

C.O.S.

Cesspit of Smiles.

• Like 1