Africans In Pattaya

Dirk_brijs

These people are desperate. They do what they must to survive. Oh sure the well off can look down their noses and chastise the poor for being "bad" or "immoral". But I don't see the rich out there dealing drugs or robbing banks.. because they don't have to.

The 'Rich' are not out there because they have 'mules' to do their bidding & as a barrier to their involvement.

That's how some of the 'Rich' got Rich by dealing in Human Misery

ph34r.png

So is every Black African you meet a drug dealer then?

Not sure such a racist topic should be continued..

You may as well say that every Fat English guy you meet is a sex tourist!

Are they? do they wear singlets and have tattoos as well ?people on here have no problems

putting down these people as well and i know some who do have tatts and wear singlets

on their time off and they do this because it gets them out of the suits they wear all week

in their managerial roles with high stress levels and high salary levels!!

goes to show how simple minded some people are?

Sorry, but you are just making this up. You have a tattoo because you have a high paying, high stress level job?? You wear a singlet for the same reason??

Utter nonsense. :)

• 3 weeks later...

hmm I was in Pattaya around that time. I'm black and I'm AMERICAN. Please don't peg me as an "African".

by the way, ways to tell Africans from Americans. Anyone wearing American flag colored clothing or a T-shirt with Barack Obama's face on it is most likely AFRICAN!

Edited by OnMyWay2

I once posed this perfectly legitimate question to a group of blacks and Mexicans in California. " Why don't white people form street gangs to the extent that you people do? You could have heard a pin drop. One would think that I had said "when we were writing the Magna Carta, you people were either wearing loin cloths and chasing zebras, or dressing in strange costumes and removing womans hearts"

some of the Mexicans might have thought "when our ancestors figured out complex mathematical solutions concerning astronomy and built pyramids your ancestors were living in thatched huts and couldn't count further than 10."

but most probably they kept quiet knowing very well that wouldn't understand what they were talking about.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

There are many people from Madagasca dealing in gems in Chantaburi, maybe they have just moved North for some fun.

I have met a few & they are usually quite wealthy & well educated.

I don't know how we differ between them & the overstays that haunt the lower Sois of BKK earning the odd 1000baht for services rendered.

Like every nationality, there are good, bad, wealthy & poor.

Let's just mind our own business, & not try to take the moral high ground all the time.

Yes, we've met some here (Chanthaburi) for the gem-buying/jewellery trade; from Madagascar and Mozambique.

Daughter of course knew all about Madagascar (well, not really, a popular series of animated movies featuring 4 animals escaped from a New York zoo) and was impressed it was a real place. They on the other hand disappointed I am not a football fan, and didn't even have a UK club I supported.

There are also at least two involved in the football club here, see them running/training in the park. Not quite 'living the dream' as a pro football player but must be quite an experience all the same. Good for them.

As you say, some good, some bad . . . as with every other country.

These are not the ones we met!

220px-Madagascar3-Poster.jpg

A sense of balance helps when discussing all things Africa. Wildlife parks, untouched forests & waterfalls, great sportspeople, stoic hardworking folk, mineral rich.... Then there's the other side : corruption, scams and yes, lots of dodgy two-legged exports. Going by police & press reports the math shows that 'Dodgy Africans in Thailand' = / >> 'dodgy Thais' or 'dodgy whites'. Now some might argue that the Africans simply have terrible luck with the BIB. No matter what, I remain an avid follower of local soccer with its African hunks, their exciting play and eager manner.

Edited by Bokchoi

hmm I was in Pattaya around that time. I'm black and I'm AMERICAN. Please don't peg me as an "African".

by the way, ways to tell Africans from Americans. Anyone wearing American flag colored clothing or a T-shirt with Barack Obama's face on it is most likely AFRICAN!

Not all African's are black anyway...thumbsup.gif

Many do seem to try awfully hard to look American.

Debatable...

Reminds me of a joke I heard the other day.. Just like every other intruder in South Africa, Reeva Steenkamp was blonde, white and beautiful...It's an easy mistake to make.

totster :)

So is every Black African you meet a drug dealer then?

Not sure such a racist topic should be continued..

You may as well say that every Fat English guy you meet is a sex tourist!

Are they? do they wear singlets and have tattoos as well ?people on here have no problems

putting down these people as well and i know some who do have tatts and wear singlets

on their time off and they do this because it gets them out of the suits they wear all week

in their managerial roles with high stress levels and high salary levels!!

goes to show how simple minded some people are?

The same could be said by your evaluation!whistling.gif

Not all African's are black anyway...:thumbsup:

Debatable...

Reminds me of a joke I heard the other day.. Just like every other intruder in South Africa, Reeva Steenkamp was blonde, white and beautiful...It's an easy mistake to make.

totster :)

Not debatable at all, White South Africans aside, sure the vast majority of personages from Libya, morocco, Egypt and Tunisia don't consider themselves black, but they are African

Debatable...

totster smile.png

Not debatable at all, White South Africans aside, sure the vast majority of personages from Libya, morocco, Egypt and Tunisia don't consider themselves black, but they are African

Since we are discussing this, we are by definition debating.

Good point regarding North Africans... but they are not exactly white are they (regardless of what they consider)?

totster smile.png

Edited by Totster