U K Parliament Backs Gay Marriage Bill

webfact

If the House of Lords blocks this bill, then it's just a matter of the people of the UK waiting for more older people to die. Like in the US the younger people are pro equal civil rights in larger majorities, and the older people have more retro attitudes of closed mindedness and intolerance, examples of which we can see on this thread. So full equality in the UK soon, or not so soon, but it is coming for sure.

You are off course correct the more people are vilified for having ideas and beliefs that don't fit your homosexual agenda. Calling people homophobic because they have different views. Trying to change the church and people's belief system. Then yes people will change their views or be ostracized from society.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am in a civil partnership and am sick and tired of people asking "what's that?"

I look forward to being able to change our status and when i say to people "i'm married" they'll get it.

I did not choose to be gay, it's been a long and hard struggle. Reading some of the comments on this forum makes me want to cry.

Some of your words are so shallow, no thought to real peoples lives. Are you not able to put yourselves in others shoes?

What possible difference would it make to any of you if my partner and i are married or not?

As for you Phuketjock, for someone who has a hard time with "skin tax" i doubt you'd have made it past the age of 7 had you been born gay!

Please all of you - try to be kind.

I would have thought it's very simple explaining civil partnership " it's a word for gay civil marriage"

Should i have to explain to every person who is not English speaking or aware of UK laws? When i say "we're married they immediately understand.

Really! They don't speak English but they understand 2 men (2 women) being married. Wow

I stand by my first post reference this. In the UK civil partnership is gay marriage. Just say that. Easy.

To be fair not quite sure why you are telling everyone you meet anyway!

I am in a civil partnership and am sick and tired of people asking "what's that?"

I look forward to being able to change our status and when i say to people "i'm married" they'll get it.

I did not choose to be gay, it's been a long and hard struggle. Reading some of the comments on this forum makes me want to cry.

Some of your words are so shallow, no thought to real peoples lives. Are you not able to put yourselves in others shoes?

What possible difference would it make to any of you if my partner and i are married or not?

As for you Phuketjock, for someone who has a hard time with "skin tax" i doubt you'd have made it past the age of 7 had you been born gay!

I acknowledge your cry for sympathy and I have a " hard time " with anything that I think is wrong and/or unfair, and that happens to

include gay marriage and double pricing. I don't let it rule my life though and I have yet to come to tears over it.There are many more

but that's not the point. As I have already stated I do not believe anyone is born gay, thats probably why I made it past the age of 7.

If you are determined to behave different from other people why does it bother or surprise you when you are treated differently by

people??

I'm not asking for sympathy thanks.

Can you tell me why you think anyone would choose to be gay?

[/quote}

" Just one day realized same sex did it for me and opposite sex didn't."

This is JT's reason apparently, which he claims was not his choice strangely, as for anyone else I have absolutely no idea,

weakness perhaps, I really can't imagine why anyone would wish to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same

sex or feel that it was necessary to marry them. It is not going to go anywhere is it?

If the House of Lords blocks this bill, then it's just a matter of the people of the UK waiting for more older people to die. Like in the US the younger people are pro equal civil rights in larger majorities, and the older people have more retro attitudes of closed mindedness and intolerance, examples of which we can see on this thread. So full equality in the UK soon, or not so soon, but it is coming for sure.

You are off course correct the more people are vilified for having ideas and beliefs that don't fit your homosexual agenda. Calling people homophobic because they have different views. Trying to change the church and people's belief system. Then yes people will change their views or be ostracized from society.

My "homosexual" agenda is simply a CIVIL RIGHTS agenda. Different views are OK. Bashing any minority group is not. Of course as an advocate for civil rights I would be happy for people who favor discrimination to change their minds. What is wrong with that? Aren't you trying to advocate for the status quo of discrimination and are trying to change the minds of pro civil rights people to be anti-civil rights? As far as the church, you clearly haven't read my posts. I am not interested in church's belief systems. That's their own business. I am talking about CIVIL RIGHTS under the law, separate from religious matters. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I acknowledge your cry for sympathy and I have a " hard time " with anything that I think is wrong and/or unfair, and that happens to

include gay marriage and double pricing. I don't let it rule my life though and I have yet to come to tears over it.There are many more

but that's not the point. As I have already stated I do not believe anyone is born gay, thats probably why I made it past the age of 7.

If you are determined to behave different from other people why does it bother or surprise you when you are treated differently by

people??

[/quote}

This is JT's reason apparently, which he claims was not his choice strangely, as for anyone else I have absolutely no idea,

weakness perhaps, I really can't imagine why anyone would wish to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same

sex or feel that it was necessary to marry them. It is not going to go anywhere is it?

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean your lack of imagination and blatant intolerance is any kind of justification for continued discrimination under the law.
  • Like 2

I really can't imagine why anyone would wish to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex or feel that it was necessary to marry them.

Neither can I. But neither can I imagine why anyone would want to stop them doing it, let alone why they should have the right to do so?

Live and let live.

I still have yet to hear a single reasonable argument as to how this negatively impacts heterosexual marriage.

• Like 2

people??

[/quote}

is that your best answer?giggle.gif

If you really want to be "fair" why don't you just tell it like it is " i don't like gays" laugh.png

Oh, sorry, it's against forum rules.

Had you taken the time to read the thread in full you would see from way back that I have stated that I

have no problem with anyone who wishes to get into any relationship with anyone of the same gender,

my objection, which still stands, is the attempt by the gay community to use marriage to validate their

decision. Nothing at all to do with forum rules.

people??

[/quote}

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean your lack of imagination and blatant intolerance is any kind of justification for continued discrimination under the law.

Here comes the teddy bears. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Civil rights is a joke to you? Lovely.

uk gays already have civil rights.. its called civil partnership... jeeze stop flogging the dead horse.

Do you really think it is necessary for me the say for the 100th time that many people, including me, do not think separate but equal EVER translates into FULL equality? Endless loop. Oy vey. By saying the same thing 100 times, you push a rebuttal of the SAME thing. What is the purpose?

In the UK, if there weren't many people who agree with me, SEPARATE but equal is not equal, then this new potential law could have never passed the House of Commons or be advocated by Cameron.

Yes I get it. Again. YOU think the civil unions are adequate and gays should be happy with what they have. That is a valid opinion. Just no need to say the same thing 100 times, at least that's my feeling on the matter.

Edited by Jingthing

If you really want to be "fair" why don't you just tell it like it is " i don't like gays" laugh.png

Had you taken the time to read the thread in full you would see from way back that I have stated that I

have no problem with anyone who wishes to get into any relationship with anyone of the same gender,

my objection, which still stands, is the attempt by the gay community to use marriage to validate their

decision. Nothing at all to do with forum rules.

Sorry - this quote was for thaicbr. ( not used to how this quote thing works yet) blink.png

So far you have labelled me as an intolerant ugly bigot and an unimaginitive descriminator against

gay rights because I have stated my opposition to gay marriage which brings me to question your

quite abysmall tolerance level. Anything else??? biggrin.png

If that is referring to me. You really cannot read OR if you can your reading comprehension is poor .. i believe anyone reading this thread would see that.

I can read, AND i can read between the lines, as pointed out, i'm just not good with this quote business.laugh.png

uk gays already have civil rights.. its called civil partnership... jeeze stop flogging the dead horse.

You keep repeating the same position but someone who keeps refuting it is flogging a dead horse? And you want THEM to stop - of course.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

So far you have labelled me as an intolerant ugly bigot and an unimaginitive descriminator against

gay rights because I have stated my opposition to gay marriage which brings me to question your

quite abysmall tolerance level. Anything else??? biggrin.png

You are suggesting I should be tolerant of gay bashing on this forum? Nice try.

Do you really think it is necessary for me the say for the 100th time that many people, including me, do not think separate but equal EVER translates into FULL equality? Endless loop. Oy vey. By saying the same thing 100 times, you push a rebuttal of the SAME thing. What is the purpose?

In the UK, if there weren't many people who agree with me, SEPARATE but equal is not equal, then this new potential law could have never passed the House of Commons or be advocated by Cameron.

different views tend not to change.. yours don't. mine don't.

i have stated my views.. you as a gay human man are different than me as a hetero human man. i don't see a problem with civil laws that reflect that difference. same as some civil rules are slightly different for females to men. Civil partnerships in the Uk are the gay equivalent of hetero marriage.

Different views.. you see.

You keep repeating the same position but someone who keeps refuting it is flogging a dead horse?

Maybe he thinks if one time nobody bothers with ANOTHER rebuttal of the same thing that he has won. coffee1.gif

Wear us down. As it were. I think it is working. This is really getting to be a tedious endless loop. Maybe it's time to WAIT for news in future from the House of Lords and THEN there may be something new to discuss on this topic.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You keep repeating the same position but someone who keeps refuting it is flogging a dead horse?

i answer.. not the same.. see the other post.. you should know people that are dynamically opposed in views tend to disagree.

If that is referring to me. You really cannot read OR if you can your reading comprehension is poor .. i believe anyone reading this thread would see that.

I can read, AND i can read between the lines, as pointed out, i'm just not good with this quote business.laugh.png

There were no lines... but your imagination is working overtime.. i disagree so i'm a gay hater..right.. exactly what i stated to Jing about being ostracized for different views..

i simply asked why you would tell everyone you meet that you are in a civil relationship.. if talking to friends etc .. i could not see the problem.. and just with that question i'm a gay hater...wow

i answer.. not the same.. see the other post.. you should know people that are dynamically opposed in views tend to disagree.

I haven't objected to anyone disagreeing, ever. Why mention that obvious fact or imply that I don't know it?

You answer...not the same...see other post? Sorry, I honestly don't understand what that means.

I recall you mentioning time and agin that civil union is enough or should be - as is your prerogative - but when there is an obvious and sound response to that and someone makes it, you cite that person for being excessively repetitive and want them to stop. That's hypocritical and and either shows a lack of self awareness or intellectually dishonesty.

Or is my recollection in error?

• Like 1

='Jingthing'

Maybe he thinks if one time nobody bothers with ANOTHER rebuttal of the same thing that he has won. coffee1.gif

Wear us down. As it were. I think it is working. This is really getting to be a tedious endless loop. Maybe it's time to WAIT for news in future from the House of Lords and THEN there may be something new to discuss on this to

oh please.

I haven't objected to anyone disagreeing, ever. Why mention that obvious fact or imply that I don't know it?

You answer...not the same...see other post? Sorry, I honestly don't understand what that means.

I recall you mentioning time and agin that civil union is enough or should be - as is your prerogative - but when there is an obvious and sound response to that and someone makes it, you cite that person for being excessively repetitive and want them to stop. That's hypocritical and and either shows a lack of self awareness or intellectually dishonesty.

Or is my recollection in error?

probably not.. i think you have a much better memory than me... i have a very bad memory.. happy

I really can't imagine why anyone would wish to have a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex or feel that it was necessary to marry them.

Neither can I. But neither can I imagine why anyone would want to stop them doing it, let alone why they should have the right to do so?

Live and let live.

I still have yet to hear a single reasonable argument as to how this negatively impacts heterosexual marriage.

Chicog you are bordering on the edge of super boring, the people on this thread who are against gay marriage

would love to indulge you in the many reasons for their views but the moderators have made it absolutely clear

that gay marriage is the topic and no discussion of anything other than gay marriage will be tolerated so it is not

possible to tell you what the negative impacts may be even if we wanted to. Had you been less pre-occupied with

your church thing you may have seen this some time ago OK???

• Like 1

There were no lines... but your imagination is working overtime.. i disagree so i'm a gay hater..right.. exactly what i stated to Jing about being ostracized for different views..

i simply asked why you would tell everyone you meet that you are in a civil relationship.. if talking to friends etc .. i could not see the problem.. and just with that question i'm a gay hater...wow

It seems that your imagination is working overtime. Why do you think i go round telling everyone that i'm in a civil partnership?

Over the past few years i've had forms to fill, met people who've asked if i'm single or not, been in many situations where i've had to introduce my partner etc etc etc. All part of every day life. As i said it gets boring having to keep spelling it out, it will be much easier and much better understood when i can say "we are married" Why is that so difficult to understand?