Still Have Warranty ?

charlie42

hello to all,

last october i bought a slightly used 2012 honda wave 110i.

bought it privately, but took it with owner to honda dealer he bought it from and they did the transfare

It was first registered on 19 of february, coming up for its yearly tax

I have in insured with AA .

Im wondering does this second class insurance i have also include

The national requirement,or will i have to buy this again ?

Also, how long do honda give warranty on new bikes.

And will it still be under warranty now that im the second owner ?

Charlie

The warranty is 5 years or 50,000 on the engine and 3 years or 30,000 for the frame and body. It is still under warranty. However, you need to call the Honda hotline and give them your name, and the warranty code on page three of the service booklet. Best of luck.

Brian

• Like 1

The warranty is 5 years or 50,000 on the engine and 3 years or 30,000 for the frame and body. It is still under warranty. However, you need to call the Honda hotline and give them your name, and the warranty code on page three of the service booklet. Best of luck.

Brian

Hi Brian

I know you do mainly Honda's but would a Kawasaki ER6N be the same way?

The bikes warranty is good till Oct 18th 2013 but Kawasaki in Pattaya says it does not transfer to new owner. That does not sound right all the bikes I sold (6) all transfered warrany when sold no problem.

Not that it needs anything , but I just want to know if Kawasaki is jerking my chain on this issue.

Thanks

Barry

Brian

Hi Brian

The bikes warranty is good till Oct 18th 2013 but Kawasaki in Pattaya says it does not transfer to new owner. That does not sound right all the bikes I sold (6) all transfered warrany when sold no problem.

Not that it needs anything , but I just want to know if Kawasaki is jerking my chain on this issue.

Thanks

Barry

Not sure how it works with Kawasaki big bikes. Let me check with the place I got my Versys from and see what they say.

Brian

Hi Brian

Thanks

Barry

whoever is in the green book can make a warranty claim inside 2yrs /24,000km

I checked with Kawasaki and was told that the warranty is non-transferable. I really don't see the logic behind this policy.

Thanks Brian. Kawasaki is certainly something else. I guess they don't give a <deleted> if you never repurchace from them again or go with other companies that have integrity enough to stand by their product. I asked in the U.S. when I was there in Nov. & they were appaled that the Kawasaki franchise would allow slimeball tactics on weasling out of warranties.

according to the ass bites in Pattaya Kawasaki big bikes they looked at my new transferred green book with my name on it & told me basically to fck off They were stating the original owner only has rights to the warranty. I asked them several different ways & explained in U.S. & Japan where most of the Kawi's are made & they basically yawned & told me the same. It is good the bike has only a couple thousand kilos on it & runs perfect. But like most of the companies up here it is a tail light guarantee.Sucks but welcome all to Thailand & don't let the door smack you on your ass on the way out!

according to the ass bites in Pattaya Kawasaki big bikes they looked at my new transferred green book with my name on it & told me basically to fck off They were stating the original owner only has rights to the warranty. I asked them several different ways & explained in U.S. & Japan where most of the Kawi's are made & they basically yawned & told me the same. It is good the bike has only a couple thousand kilos on it & runs perfect. But like most of the companies up here it is a tail light guarantee.Sucks but welcome all to Thailand & don't let the door smack you on your ass on the way out!

I would most certainly talk directly to Kawasaki at Rama9 about that. Stupidest thing I've heard but TIT :D

How would they even know?

I mean your bike breaks down and you bring it to kawa with the service book still under warranty, are they even going to ask to see the green book?

I've had warranty work done on my Honda (not where I bought it) and was asked to produce nothing except the service/warranty book.

• Like 1

I checked with Kawasaki and was told that the warranty is non-transferable. I really don't see the logic behind this policy.

Nonsense!

They just try to screw people and i am sure it is illegal as you can transfer the guarantee of the cars here.

If you let your lawyer talk with them i am sure you get a positive response.:lol:

i bought a second hand versys which had been "unofficially serviced " by a somchai shop and there were no stamps in the book on 6,000 and 12,000km

and the manager in rama9 told me not to worry about it and the warranty was still fine until 24,000km and he updatad the warranty manual for me

its probably shops looking for an excuse to charge you for something that they claim for free from kawa

yesterday i brought a 1 year old CBR back in that was leaking oil and they they wanted me to pay for a new gasket to prevent the oil leak because the mechanic didnt bother changing the gasket at the 12,000km service i paid them for one day before