Patta Village Cost Of Garage / Garden Shelter

Hi,

I am having a 200 m2 house built on the Patta Village project in Pattaya, we agreed on the price of the house and additional pool of 5.5 M THB, after building commenced I asked them to quote me for car shelter of 6m x 10 M which is basically six posts with a roof it is a feature because of the shape of roof and includes tiles electric water and drainage . The price they have quoted is 430,000 THB which seems expensive to me but I have nothing at all to compare it with, obviously I would prefer all the work was completed at the same time but am I being cheated?

Comments welcome.

Mike. S

In my opinion yes. 430K sounds a lot for what you have described. There's one way to be sure though - make some drawings or a sketch of what you have planned and take it to some other contractors and ask them to quote. if everyone else you speak to quotes less than 430K then you're getting ripped off. If not, and if you're not prepared to do the work yourself (or if it's beyond your capabilities), then it's a fair price I guess.

Good question. I know of a guy who got into trouble for painting his bar himself, but a bar is a business, your house is not. Also they had been watching this guy waiting for him to put a foot wrong. If they can do you for working on your own house I would be amazed but not surprised. Where would they draw the line? Changing a light bulb? Sweeping the floor? Pruning a tree?

All I know is that if they want to do you they will find a way to do you. The bar owner who got done for shaking hands with a customer in his bar springs to mind... If you've been flying beneath the radar and don't have any neighbours that hate you I doubt you'd have a problem. Never say never though...

• Like 1

The builders fee shouldn't be much more than 1000 bt per column. Not sure on current prices for materials but 100, 000 would as much as I would pay, certainly not more.

Sent from my GT-N8000

60m² = approximately 75m² tiled roof area x 1,300 Baht = 97,500 just for the roof! what about floor, water and electricity?

Sent from my Back-To-Reality-80894 on frequency modulated subspace.

Neighbour on an existing Patta moo bahn in Pattaya added a matching garage at the side of his house last year. He had 3 quotes and Patta from memory were the most expensive of the three at over 700,000 - but he also has an expensive roll up door and UPVC rear door and fully enclosed. The people he used were well over 200k cheaper but he was very happy.

Sorry I don't have their number and the guy is away but as others have said you need to get some other quotes - and maybe use that to negotiate with them?

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Can I know how much you paid finally ?

I wonder if it would be cheaper to build a metallic frame that is not so nice at first but that could become very nice with some cheap ideas.

Thank you.

We had a single carport built with a ceramic tile roof and the cost was 90,000THB. It was built last year in Hua Hin. The size was 8m x 4m and I thought it was expensive.

My comparison was the price of an enclosed double garage (10m x 6m floor space) and an 8m x 6m carport, in Phitsonulok. 135,000THB.

Prices vary, depending on the location.

The price you've been quoted suggests that yours is probably being built at Nirvanna.

Jerry