Visa Run Companies-Soi Post Office

swissie

Visa-Run pending. This time, will be in Pattaya when it becomes due. Not done any visa-run in a long time, originating from Pattaya.

In the old days, I used visa-run companies that had their offices on Soi Post Office. But word has it, that in the meantime their service is considered "pricey" and not the best in town and there are better alternatives.

My problem is, that I only come as a occasional visitor to Pattaya, So I am "out of touch" as far as this is concerned.

Any ideas, suggestions for alternatives. (Location with Tel. Number?) = Aranyaprathet/Poipet-Run.

Thanks & cheers.

Fully understand your predicament.

I'v been in Pattaya some 21 years and from my own experience I can HIGHLY recommend Visa-1, located at the rear of the Queen Victoria Restaurant in Soi 6. The lady who runs things is names Khun Paa and she is one of the most knowledgeable people in this business (and I am including a number of lawyers in this category also !)

I'v been in Pattaya some 21 years and from my own experience I can HIGHLY recommend Visa-1, located at the rear of the Queen Victoria Restaurant in Soi 6. The lady who runs things is names Khun Paa and she is one of the most knowledgeable people in this business (and I am including a number of lawyers in this category also !)

+1 URL at http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com/

Call 0861471618

Prior to obtaining a retirement extension I did a couple of visa runs which I regarded as a day out.

I used Cambodia Inter on Soi Buakow who, as far as I know, are the cheapest. They are a lot cheaper than the "luxury" farang visa run places, but they do put more people into the van and the free meal is Thai food (which suits me). No problems at all. Unlike many other places advertising visa runs as agents they actually seem to run the vehicles themselves, which presumably accounts for them being a hundred Baht or so cheaper than the agents.

Some of the so-called "luxury" services aren't even door to door, and you have to get yourself to their starting point at some ungodly hour. Cambodia Inter pick you up and drop you off where you live.

• Like 1

I've thought about doing this one a few times, but haven't had the need yet:

http://www.savanvegas.com/visarun/

Looks good and could turn a chore into a holiday, but it seems that you do have to arrange (and pay for) your own transport on the Thai side. So not really what I would call a "visa run".

Hmmm...yes, it does look like that. I'm pretty sure when I looked at this last year, it had a pickup service here in Pattaya. I'll research this a bit more....

Did one the other week.

As I always do, I use The Visa Shop on Soi Buakhao.

2200 baht all in.

Leave 6.30am back in Pattaya by 2.30pm.

The usual minibus, but a max. of 6 people.

Dont think any of the companies use Poi Pet nowadays, all use Pong Nam Ron which is much more user friendly, dont even have to cross the border anymore.

I use Champion on Soy Post office. Have for 5 years now. 2,500 with pick up and drop off in Jomtien. I know more expensive but reliable and VIP with max 6 people in van. Also stop off at very good restaurant with anything on the menu. Western and Thai. I only use once a year and sometimes twice so I feel the extra money is worth it. They also do the full van for 1,900. For me the extra 600 worth it for the service.

Hello

I`ve used Good Tour & Travel on soi bukhao a few times, pick up and return from where you`re staying.

I was paying 1800 baht but think it may be 1900 baht now.

12 seater minibus, usually full.

Hope OK to post their Tel No. which is 038 411472.

Also used Cambodia Inter on soi bukhao once, good service I thought.

I advise you to stay away from 1st Class visa run at any cost for the run to Aranyaprathet. 1st Class is pricey but the best for the run to Pailin, but they do not provide their first-class 6 seat minibuses to any other location. They act as an agent for companies like Bri&Joy who operate ridiculously spartan minibuses with 16 seats, and no entertainment whatsoever. It's torture. An expensive one. That's why I quit talking to Khun Paa. Try Champion Tours in Soi Postoffice instead. 9 seat buses on this route, and a pretty good service. If you are up to some individual travels and border crossings, the Yellow Buses go between Pattaya and Aranyaprathet.

...... ridiculously spartan minibuses with 16 seats, and no entertainment whatsoever .....

Really? Hard to imagine how they could possibly get so many seats in a minibus, unless it is some sort or larger minibus.

Cambodia Inter use 9-seat buses which seemed fine to me. No "entertainment" either, but when travelling I always take my own entertainment so that I can be sure to get what I want in the quality I want.

Four rows of seats in the same Toyota Minibus, four seats in each row. Barely upholstered. No headrests. No adjustment of the seats, no inclining backs. Had the tough luck to sit in one of those on the long run to Vientiane.