Report Of Thai Support For C I A Torture Is Untrue: National Security Council

webfact

In this day and age of terrorism and indiscriminate killing of civilians and children and possibility of germ warfare, dirty bombs and god knows what else. I am willing to have a few poor innocent bastards get closer to their religion and suffer then the rest of the population that has clean hands!! That is reality, and although the politically correct bleeding hearts bowels get in an uproar, purge your calls about injustice with an enema of historic proportions. Kill em all and let God sort em out!!!

I guess something similar was said in the 1930s and 40s

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this day and age of terrorism and indiscriminate killing of civilians and children and possibility of germ warfare, dirty bombs and god knows what else. I am willing to have a few poor innocent bastards get closer to their religion and suffer then the rest of the population that has clean hands!! That is reality, and although the politically correct bleeding hearts bowels get in an uproar, purge your calls about injustice with an enema of historic proportions. Kill em all and let God sort em out!!!

I guess something similar was said in the 1930s and 40s

Not really. I think they tried appeasement but it failed utterly.

There is NO country in the world that would admit that they are involved with CIA torture. USA repercussions would be too serious for all countries involved.

And of course, Thailand just can not be involved, as everybody knows: Thai(land) can not be bought off whistling.gifgiggle.gifcoffee1.gif

As far as I know, any Asian or a person who looks Asian. Eskimos could probably get in. Thais can't tell the difference between most Asians you know. Incas could probably make it and a lot of Mexicans. My only point was; not a good place to have people screaming or carrying on ..... I didn't see any rust or barnacles did you? Or did you just say that because you don't like things Thai?

Unfortunately the racist or nationalist policy prevents me from visiting HTMS Chakri Naruebet (why do these countries follow the British nomenclature of naval vessels? Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question), however it's bound to have rust and barnacles on it, it is a steel hulled ship. Don't be so precious sweetheart.

If I was to be really critical of it I would question Thailand's necessity for an aircraft carrier, especially as they do not have any aircraft to use on it and it does not fill the role it was intended for (I'm thinking second hand submarines, airships and other assorted wastes of taxpayers' money).

Back on topic, the Thais have been assisting the Americans since the end of WWII, and were lucky not to be punished for their role on the Axis side, and for war crimes committed on their soil. They escaped quite nicely while all the other Axis powers had to make reparations to the Allies, at the behest of the USA of course. They assisted the Americans in the American War in Vietnam, they assisted the Khmer Rouge against the Vietnamese in Cambodia, and they are closely allied to the American military and CIA even today.

It's a cosy relationship they share, bit of torture here and an Amity Treaty there.

Short but correct history of LOS relationship to other countries since WW2 - very well done! clap2.gif

"Thais have been assisting the Americans since the end of WWII, and were lucky not to be punished for their role on the Axis side, and for war crimes committed on their soil. They escaped quite nicely while all the other Axis powers had to make reparations to the Allies, at the behest of the USA of course. They assisted the Americans in the American War in Vietnam, they assisted the Khmer Rouge against the Vietnamese in Cambodia, and they are closely allied to the American military and CIA even today."

Nothing more to tell coffee1.gif

Thailand did a bit more than assist the US in Vietnam, Thai Armed Forces suffered about 1,351 deaths out of approx 12,000 combat troops in Vietnam

• Like 1

Given that the US ran a secret war in Laos using the worlds largest (in number) airline from Udorn Thani this is no surprise. This approach if torturing. suspects and locking them up for years without charge or trial is closer to Naziism than democracy IMO .My money is on U-TAPAO for a location or that carrier off Sattahip

You do know that the US was not alone in Thailand during the 1960's and 1970's. That carrier BTW is available for tours every weekend or at least was last year when I was there.

I thought tours of that rusting barnacle magnet were only open for Thais. Foreigners not allowed.

As far as I know, any Asian or a person who looks Asian. Eskimos could probably get in. Thais can't tell the difference between most Asians you know. Incas could probably make it and a lot of Mexicans. My only point was; not a good place to have people screaming or carrying on ..... I didn't see any rust or barnacles did you? Or did you just say that because you don't like things Thai?

I doubt if any 'internees' would have the energy or inclination to scream or carry on. Did you enter every compartment? Did you don a wet suit and examine the ersatz carrier (aka white elephant) from below? When was it last dry docked? Why maintain a ship at great expense by making sure that she could operate at designed speeds with greatest fuel economy when it rarely goes to sea?

My jokey excuse for not drinking water is that I have stood at the bottom of a few dry docks and seen what water can do to a ship's hull. Besides fish <Snip!!!> in it. smile.png

Your post is not up to your usual acceptable and often thought provoking standard IMO.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity

You do know that the US was not alone in Thailand during the 1960's and 1970's. That carrier BTW is available for tours every weekend or at least was last year when I was there.

I thought tours of that rusting barnacle magnet were only open for Thais. Foreigners not allowed.

I doubt if any 'internees' would have the energy or inclination to scream or carry on. Did you enter every compartment? Did you don a wet suit and examine the ersatz carrier (aka white elephant) from below? When was it last dry docked? Why maintain a ship at great expense by making sure that she could operate at designed speeds with greatest fuel economy when it rarely goes to sea?

My jokey excuse for not drinking water is that I have stood at the bottom of a few dry docks and seen what water can do to a ship's hull. Besides fish <Snip!!!> in it. smile.png

Your post is not up to your usual acceptable and often thought provoking standard IMO.

Chakri Naruebet has been deployed on several disaster relief operations, including in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, and in response to separate flooding incidents in late 2010 and early 2011. Outside of disaster relief, the carrier's few other departures from port are for a single training day per month, and transportation of the Royal Family of Thailand, leading to claims by some naval commentators that the ship is merely an oversized royal yacht. I doubt the Royal yacht is used for any nefarious missions.smile.png