Tiling On Existing Concrete.

What they charge per day is not what I'm looking for, a price per square metre is the question. If you pay by the day then they will take longer to do it, pay by the square metre then the time factor affects them not the person paying.

Good luck with getting a quote per sq Mtr!

What they charge per day is not what I'm looking for, a price per square metre is the question. If you pay by the day then they will take longer to do it, pay by the square metre then the time factor affects them not the person paying.

Good luck with getting a quote per sq Mtr!

Already got one thanks coffee1.gif , just trying to get a comparison with someone else.

Out here in the sticks where builders may work a few days at a time. Not rice or cassava time.

We buy all the material and pay 60 Baht a square meter.

Doing a load of tiles at the moment, not worked in 4 days, no payment until job is finished.

Cheap, but slow. Jim

Cheers for that Jim, a lot cheaper than my first quote of 250 a square metre which has now come down to 150. That's for builder supplying everything except tiles. I suppose in this area 150 is not too bad. Still pushing to get it for maybe 120 but don't think it will go that low.

Here in Bkk you are looking at anywhere from 150-300 baht psm.

The price is dependant on the size of the tiles, eg 30x30 or 60x60cm.

If you are supplying tiles you had better get it hammered out who will pay for any that get screwed up.

You do know how to tap the tiles with a piece of wood to ensure they have been laid correctly do you?

The flip side to that is if you pay by the sq metre, they do it too quickly and ultimately not properly. It's always a quandry choosing the best way and on my house build I have had jobs done in both ways. Personally, if it's an important and expensive job (usually aesthetically), without them taking the " micheal" out of me, I would sooner they not be rushed. If on day rate, I always ask beforehand how long they think it will take. From that you can roughly work it out to the price per Sq Meter anyway.

Just as long as you make sure they use the Anti-bacterial Grout ! The difference in price is negligible but the difference in use is like day & night ! !

wink.png

what is ABG...what is the difference.?...I have seen so called anti fungal and used it on our kitchen counter....

..frickin wonderful....it's got it's own fricking ecosystem now.....a round towit job is to tear it all off and replace with marble or granite