Nok Air Calendar "inappropriate"

webfact

Well I for one (or a million perhaps) am OUTRAGED ! It seems they didn't include ANY contact details for the models featured in the calendar (in case, you know, I wanted to make my own or something).

Not to mention that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to get a copy of this calendar myself ! Outraged I say ! To the streets !

• Like 1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent read many of the replies, but of what i have read, they were the expected replies.

The irony is, (straight) guys in general would protest and be all "ughhh!!!", if it was a calender of hot guys instead of girls.

Heterosexual guys like tits and asses, hetro girls like ..other toned and taught "male" physics..etc etc.. nothing revolutionary there, right?

Doesnt the world seem to be turning more "Idiocracy" on a yearly basis....?

The ladies forum likes its pictures of hunks, patsy cat I think posts them. Quite rightly so they meet with approval from ladies in the forum and note wrong with that.

Excellent bit of marketing on the part of NOK airlines.

Remember the good old days back in the early eighties and before when every post office used to have calendars like the Nok calendar as give a ways if you were there at the right time. I always tried to to get the Mekong Whisky calendar . I think Shrimp was the photographer, now they are collecter's items . Excellent stuff they were !!!! Never did me , or Thailand any harm smile.png .

• Like 1

Listen you people, CEO's are paid to propose new innovative ideas.

If I were the CEO of Nok Air, I would have proposed to have these photos taken (along with some others I would think), but then I would have the common sense to come up with an excuse for not disseminating the pics, and kept them to myself...rolleyes.gif

Havent read many of the replies, but of what i have read, they were the expected replies.

The irony is, (straight) guys in general would protest and be all "ughhh!!!", if it was a calender of hot guys instead of girls.

Heterosexual guys like tits and asses, hetro girls like ..other toned and taught "male" physics..etc etc.. nothing revolutionary there, right?

Doesnt the world seem to be turning more "Idiocracy" on a yearly basis....?

It seems that you are a little upset/jealous that these were not men in little yellow bikinis.

What is so idiotic about men liking the female body and women the male body? It is because of the desires of idiots througout the centuries that the species has survived.

I don't think to many straight guys would complain if it was men in yellow bikinis on the calendar, we just wouldn't look at it and probably never fly NOK again.

300 copies for "fans"? Advertising is one thing (I'll leave matters of taste to others) but what is the point of such a limited edition?

They didn't want to waste their money printing too many as the pages would only end up getting stuck together rendering them useless as calenders.

• Like 1

You asked in the right place Kerryd!! I know a couple of the models and their details!

Model #6 name is Brian Tel: 08444763222

Model #1 name is Andy Tel: 08555010111

Dont know the other models numbers but you can always ask them to pass on the other models contact details. :P

Thanks for that. Here I was thinking they were all called Kevin. :(

You asked in the right place Kerryd!! I know a couple of the models and their details!

Model #6 name is Brian Tel: 08444763222

Model #1 name is Andy Tel: 08555010111

Dont know the other models numbers but you can always ask them to pass on the other models contact details. tongue.png

Thanks for that. Here I was thinking they were all called Kevin. sad.png

If you look at the fine print above "MAXIM" in the picture in post #135, you will see "Nok Ann". While not definite proof, it does suggest.............

Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana Pongtatpitakkul on Saturday attacked Nok Air for its controversial calendar.

She said the ministry will soon host a discussion with related parties like the advertising association, PR companies, media and consumer protection agencies to address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm.

All this hoo haa from some aged old female who has long since passed her best before date and is now nothing more than a jealous vindictive menopausal female who of course ignores those in power around her and their actions.

Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana Pongtatpitakkul is not so aged and old and is quite capable of doing her own calendar posing.

DSC_00191_zps5cdbfbc4.jpg

Culture Ministry website

I can see why she would be jealous....

• Like 2

Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana Pongtatpitakkul on Saturday attacked Nok Air for its controversial calendar.

She said the ministry will soon host a discussion with related parties like the advertising association, PR companies, media and consumer protection agencies to address the issue, before using female bodies as a marketing tool will becomes an acceptable norm.

All this hoo haa from some aged old female who has long since passed her best before date and is now nothing more than a jealous vindictive menopausal female who of course ignores those in power around her and their actions.

Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana Pongtatpitakkul is not so aged and old and is quite capable of doing her own calendar posing.

Culture Ministry website

Are there any double standards here you think? Never heard her complaining about this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fs_Gi1miQl4

Edited by Pimay1

What kind of response would result if all the models were male?

Guys in yellow bikinis? Oh please it's breakfast time.

Chooka....it's about lunchtime....maybe the CM would prefer this instead?

post-146250-0-29012200-1360559403_thumb.

Hope yer lunch stays down......

Edited by sunshine51

Culture Ministry website

Any suggestions as to what product she could market with that pose ????

Pork?

• Like 1

This article just shows the two faces of Thai culture. They allow prostitution all over Thailand but criticize a business which uses scantily clad women to sell products. The logic (or lack thereof) is if you don't admit it then it is not there.

prostitution is not allowed

giggle.gif

http://www.antoni-uni-photography.com/Arts-and-Crafts/Graffiti/Graffiti/24522566_3mJhc2#!i=2255284460&k=fJKCjfn&lb=1&s=A

I agree with Khun Prisana that the Nok Air calendar is inappropriate.

In the American corporate company, one of the big boys on the NYSE that I work for and with most other corporates here in NZ producing such a calender would result in the person authorising it being out the door with no beg your pardons, excuses or normal disciplinary second chances. Girly calenders belong with the backyard bozo's like Thick Terry's Tyres. Whether corporates like it or not they are held to higher levels of legislative compliance and moral responsibility than the small business owner or Joe Bloggs on the street. If Khun Prisana had stuck to just giving the Nok Air Neanderthais a dressing down in public on corporate responsibility then she would have had my full support.

However the added gem regards falangs having negatitive attitudes to thai women because of a girly calender blew her credibility out the window. Perhaps Khun Prisana would be wise to learn her own thai history and why Thailand was considered the whorehouse of the east long before falang came along.

• Like 1

What kind of response would result if all the models were male?

Guys in yellow bikinis? Oh please it's breakfast time.

Chooka....it's about lunchtime....maybe the CM would prefer this instead?

post-146250-0-29012200-1360559403_thumb.

Hope yer lunch stays down......

to late just through up, those pics are disgusting.

How can we possibly Knock it? After all it's not quite Pirelli or even the MUCH hotter Leo calendar which was also liimited edition, partly limited by jealous wives and others ripping it up if they saw it. Nok = Bird = Birds without feathers too. Mathematical progression............