Requirements To Transfer Money From Abraod To Thai Bank?

Account name, bank name, IBAN should be all that's required. If he's sending a large amount, maybe send a small test payment first.

Thai Banks don't know IBAN, you have to give him the Swift Code of the Bank

http://www.bangkokba...dstransfer.aspx

1. What is Bangkok Bank's SWIFT code and when should I use it?

Our SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK. This is the one and only code for every Bangkok Bank branch throughout Thailand. You can give this to the bank where the funds transfer originates from. It will save the search fees and time.

2. When sending money from overseas to a Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand, what information should I give to my bank?

You should provide the following details to your bank:

- Account name in English as appeared in passbook and account number

- Currency and amount to transfer

- Bangkok Bank SWIFT Code: BKKBTHBK

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

^^ True

this is what BKK Bank writes about IBAN

5. What is an IBAN number?

IBAN stands for the International Bank Account Number and is used by banks in European countries for international fund transfers. It is not a number required by Bangkok Bank for incoming or outgoing international fund transfers.

like whats been said already bkkb.swift code i have a bkkb.acc.and have transfered money the past 20yrs.

what your lawyer needs to do is,when he sends it to you he must say where the money has come from and what are you useing it for,

eg.house purchase,to start a business or living expences.this is a must otherwise it will be rejected if its a substancial amount.there are some recent posts in this forum on this subject.

like whats been said already bkkb.swift code i have a bkkb.acc.and have transfered money the past 20yrs.

what your lawyer needs to do is,when he sends it to you he must say where the money has come from and what are you useing it for,

eg.house purchase,to start a business or living expences.this is a must otherwise it will be rejected if its a substancial amount.there are some recent posts in this forum on this subject.

Thanks for that info, but how does he communicate that to the Thai authorities?

For Baht man- from Ireland and around 300,000 baht

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to wire transfer to a Thai bank acct. the same way I have done numerous times but today my bank teller said the transfer would not go through. Is the thai government trying to stop the rise of the bht. by controlling the influx of money?

I tried to wire transfer to a Thai bank acct. the same way I have done numerous times but today my bank teller said the transfer would not go through. Is the thai government trying to stop the rise of the bht. by controlling the influx of money?

How much money are you talking about, I just transferred Euro 5000 from my European Bank to my Siam Commercial Bank yesterday and it arrived early morning today in my account.

From what country will the funds be coming from and what amount are you talking about?? There are few facts that you might be interested to know.

I replied to this on the 12th, and you have yet to answer!!!!!!!

Still no answer, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Something else needed, apparently, is to put the address that your bank account is registered to. Just had a mail from the lawyer asking for that. Presumably to combat money laundering.

Would add that you should tell the lawyer to instruct his bank to transfer the money in local currency (assume Euros for Ireland) for conversion to Baht in Bangkok. This will give a much better exchange rate.

If an address is required I use BBL s head office address as SWIFT transfers are routed through there.