Major Ciniplex Wtf?

HansBlinkers

Been buying tickets online now for about 18 months without issues. Their smartphone app works great as well.

Same here. Always got my tickets and the seat that I wanted, every time, never a problem. Paid for the tickets upon arrival.

So let me get this straight: The OP is complaining because the theater is trying to provide additional services? This is why the Thais will say that farangs will complain about every little thing, all the time...so just best to ignore.

+1

Been buying tickets online now for about 18 months without issues. Their smartphone app works great as well.

Same here. Always got my tickets and the seat that I wanted, every time, never a problem. Paid for the tickets upon arrival.

So let me get this straight: The OP is complaining because the theater is trying to provide additional services? This is why the Thais will say that farangs will complain about every little thing, all the time...so just best to ignore.

Not sure if we are talking apples and apples here or oranges and apples. When I used to order on line I had to pay on line with my credit card. have they changed that now so you can just reserve your seat and pay when you get there. If so how long do they hold the ticket?

You don't have to pay for it online. They allocate some seats for reservation but not too many. It says on the website you must collect the ticket at least 45mins before the showing.

Correct, if you don't pay at least 45 minutes before showtime, they will offer your seats to someone else (which makes sense). I do wonder sometimes why there are so few seats available for online reservations, even though I've never had a problem obtaining at least 2 seats.

<SNIP>

And on a different note: who in the world is crazy enough to buy the drinks and popcorn sold at cinema concession prices?

Actually I think the AIrport Plaza cinema has the cheapest concession stuff I've ever seen at a cineam anywhere (compared to outside peices). In the UK you pay stupid prices, many times the price outside for food and drinks. Water is 20b, it's 10b for the same size at the food hall (all of 10 metres away) - but still cheaper than McDonaulds! If I went to the cinema in a mall in the UK (like Bluewater in Kent) the ticket would cost six quid plus, drink 4 quid and popcorn 3 quid - so going on 700 baht. On that I can take both my kids and have popcorn and water (coke just makes u miss the movie in the loo!) for all with change. Quite reasonable I

think.

I usually book online and pay at the express counter or get it from the ticket machines - only queue if there is no or onlty a small queue and it is unplanned. Life's to short to queue.

• Like 1

Not sure if we are talking apples and apples here or oranges and apples. When I used to order on line I had to pay on line with my credit card. have they changed that now so you can just reserve your seat and pay when you get there. If so how long do they hold the ticket?

You don't have to pay for it online. They allocate some seats for reservation but not too many. It says on the website you must collect the ticket at least 45mins before the showing.

thanks for the info