Confirmation Of Tm. 47 Report Date

I was given my 1 year extension of stay Thai Wife on a type O visa back on Nov. 16, 2012. I had to leave the country for a month on Dec 20, 2012 and returned on Jan. 21, 2013.

I followed the helpful suggestions of Crossy, aarn, and Mario2008 re: getting my new "extension of stay" upon my return and thanks to you guys my re-entry back in LOS went smoothly and I'm no longer freezing in the US. smile.png

My question is re: my 90 day check in date. I'm assuming the worst, that I need to report 90 days from my 1st ext. of stay on Nov. 16, 2012.

My wife thinks my new stamp I received upon my return to LOS has reset the 90 day countdown and my FIRST check-in will be 90 days from my arrival at Suvarnabhumi on Jan. 21, 2013.

I've noted the recent post here and the answer provided by the venerable lopburi3, and it's sounding like I'm off the hook till April at this point. So I'm just looking for a quick confirmation as to which date the check-in clock is running from.

Also, I leave Thailand again Feb. 18th for a week. Will the countdown to my first check-in be reset again?

Thanks in advance for any insight and experience!

Edited by emanphoto

Your Wife is right, the 21st January 2013 entry reset the 90 day clock.

When you re-enter Thailand on or around the 25th Feb, then the 90 day clock will be reset yet again.

If you didn't buy a Multiple Re-entry Permit last time then you need to get a new re-entry Permit, else your extension will end when you leave Thailand on the 18th Feb.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick feedback. wai.gif

Now I've finally found ONE aspect of immigration that I can get behind! If I can cross the border every 88 days or so I'll be golden for the year.

Makes the multi-entry permit really worthwhile.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick feedback. wai.gif

Now I've finally found ONE aspect of immigration that I can get behind! If I can cross the border every 88 days or so I'll be golden for the year.

Makes the multi-entry permit really worthwhile.

A 90 day report to your local immigration office is not a big deal, no need to "flee' the country for that. Just see to it that you will not overstep the valadity date of your extension of stay, it can only be extended within the kingdom.

• Like 1