Transportation Pattaya To Koh Chang..

bobobo

Hallo all BM:s,

I know there's a lot of companies that go to Trat, but I don't have any experiences of them. I have just booked a week in Kho Chang, Just to get away of for a while.

Since You have the best knowledge, do You have a good company that You can recommend to take me there. I don't want to go with regular bus, I prefer a minivan or a taxi,and and I want them to pick me up at my condo in South Pattaya and take me back from Trat.

All info very much appreciated.

i did go to koh chang last week

depart from my condo 6 am they arived 9 am

once in koh chang they didn't know the resort

i arved at 3 pm

return same sh.t 11 am arived pats 7 pm they did't know the hotels for costumers

i guide them compagnie soi 12 pattaya park can't give name

koh chang beautiful beware if you ride motor bike specialy whe rain

1600bth both ways

Just spent the weekend on Koh Chang., lovely place.

Just a heads up, be very careful if you decide to rent a motorbike. In two hours of driving I witnessed two motorbike accidents on the hilly, winding roads with Westerners losing control and sliding across the road. One couple were very lucky not to have been seriously injured or killed by an oncoming pickup. Of course you have the usual Thai style of driving such as overtaking on blind corners. Baht bus taxis are numerous, so would recommend using their services.

BTW my guesthouse owner informed me there were 52 deaths (locals and foreigners) due to motorbike accidents on Koh Chang in 2011.

• Like 1

I'd recommend contacting Mr T's taxi service. Another option is a mini bus organized by the local hotels. They take you to the ferry there and drop you off. It's not nearly as convenient, but cheaper.

P.S. the comments about the scooters are right on. Many, many, many accidents there. Roads are difficult when they are dry....can't imagine them when it's raining....

My wife and I went a few months back and used Malibu Travel (http://www.malibu-travel.com/travel.html): pickup at home, minivan to the ferry with ferry ticket included, and transport on the island to your hotel. Same in reverse coming back.

Price was about 650 THB each for all costs.

Worked fine....took about 4 hours with a rest stop about halfway in each direction.

Just a thought, I know you have mentioned you prefer a minivan or taxi, but have you thought about possibly hiring a car and driving yourself (I'm presuming you can drive of course).

I've driven there numerous times (in both hire car's in the early days, and later my own car), the drive is simple enough, you can take breaks where you want, when you want, and once there you have the car to get about in. Much easier and safer than on a motorbike.

As I said, just a thought.