Isaan Farmers Meeting No8

aussieruss

Ok, maybe members need more time to voice an opinion. Right now we don't even have enough comment or interest to bother with a "farmers" meeting.

WF, if it is to be just a social gathering, then your facilities and location are infinitely more suitable than mine as we agreed on Wednesday.

Lets give everyone a day or two more so we can justify having a meeting at all. If that doesn't happen, then maybe we propose a visit program for Russ to visit more individual members and maximise his limited time here this year.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be drinking beer with a rubber farmer, with a 3 lettered name on the Lao border tomorrow.

We'll probably talk about this and that, solve difficult problems, and wonder what the future brings..........

When we run out of important issues, we'll send someone to fill up the ice box and start over again.

The farmers meetings have brought together different people with different background doing different things, and letting all explore different parts of Isaan. I have enjoyed these meetings in the past, and hope to continue doing so in the future. Keep it positive! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen.

You have hit the nail directly on the head with your last sentence, sorry 2-3 sentences (can't count). Splitting hairs does nobody any good - Nuff said.

Hope you had a good time with ***

AA1

Edited by AA1

Will be drinking beer with a rubber farmer, with a 3 lettered name on the Lao border tomorrow.

We'll probably talk about this and that, solve difficult problems, and wonder what the future brings..........

When we run out of important issues, we'll send someone to fill up the ice box and start over again.

The farmers meetings have brought together different people with different background doing different things, and letting all explore different parts of Isaan. I have enjoyed these meetings in the past, and hope to continue doing so in the future. Keep it positive! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen.

You have hit the nail directly on the head with your last sentence, sorry 2-3 sentences (can't count). Splitting hairs does nobody any good - Nuff said.

Hope you had a good time with ***

AA1

hi; AA1 Knowing Bergen and the rubber farmer from down the south east , the fat lady is just clearing her tonsils ! And the night is still early .

hi guys (and girls). Maybe I am just a <deleted> but I don't think there is any hard feeling. Don't assume things which aren't there. Lets just enjoy meeting eachother. It will be fun and interesting.

Please don't be put off by this discussion. One of the few things I miss from Holland is the abiltity to have a discussion without people taking things personally.

Thats something which is very hard in Thailand.

I am sure that both IA and WF just want us all to have a fun and interesting meeting. When IA had his 'crisis' WF graciously stepped in to make sure those who planned already could have the meeting at his place. Now IA's place is OK again he proposed to hold it at IA"s place.

A very decent thing to do and not a reason not to come.

Lets get together and have a nice time. The only thing which would be disasterous is people not attending because of an assumed fight.

PS I don't think anyone should postpone their honeymoon. There are not many thing more important than my farm and friends but the wife is surely one of them.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

After a day without a single new participant, an answer or comment, what do you expect me to do?

I am not sitting up so late tonight, there is now no open invitation to my farm any more. No reason for me to devote one minute to a non-existent farming group. Troll and snipe at what you want, reality is I tried to promote something that very few had an interest in.

Aussieruss, you were my motivation for a No#8 and I will help setup a visit program for you offline. Hopefully others will privately contribute and add value to your annual trip,my apologies but I refuse to go through the BS that some of the "un-named" attendees to Irrigators meeting were subjected to again!

Before anyone smart <deleted> a comment on my position on this, ask yourself, "how much effort did I, personally, put into stopping Jim Collister being banned?" Well I tried hard to keep the most valuable driver of this forum aboard, a few others as well. Many were warmed by his extremely unfair cremation. Go suck an egg.

Edited by IsaanAussie

Tony, Tony, What are you trying to achieve? Were you expecting people to comment on your view of the format of meetings and are you taking umbrage because no one has? I very much suspect that there are plenty of people reading this but no one wishes to "take sides" - after all this is no big issue and these meetings are, by their very nature, informal.

If you take this attitude all you will achieve is to alienate yourself from people. You offered to host the next meeting, then you encountered a problem that prevented you from this so I offered to do it. Once it became clear that your problems were over and you still wished to host the meeting I proposed that we reverted back to the original arrangement of you being the host. Are you now, again, refusing to do that because no one has commented on the meeting format?

The original idea for these meetings was yours, since then a number of successful meetings have been held. Your present stance may kill off the meetings because if anyone else now holds a meeting under the present circumstances there will be bitter undertone to it. You can solve this by dropping this issue you have and by going ahead and hosting the meeting yourself as originally intended. If you do this I am sure that people will respond positively and attend - I will for sure.

Tony, I’m sure that there is not one person on this forum that has not gone through some crisis or other at some time but we do not choose to make it as obvious as you are doing in recent weeks. Other posters tried to calm things down in this thread only to see you jump in again with another attempt to turn up the heat once more.

As for the drum that you are beating for Jim: I personally agree with his banning. I think it is completely wrong and indefensible to try to “out” a person for something they did many years before in their youth (no matter how bad) and who has paid the full legal price already. The fact that the subject of Jim’s attack is another member only makes it worse. The fact that that member also sponsors this site made it not only an ethically correct decision on the part of this site’s action against Jim but also an inevitable commercial decision. In any case, Jim has hardly been lost since he is easily contactable by anyone and all with access to Google (to Jim should you be reading this – keep up your excellent farming contributions over there; I read them regularly. To the subject of his attack: congratulations on turning your life around and best wishes for the future).

I feel sure that you are going to want to rise to my “challenge” but I would ask you to please sleep on it and do so tomorrow morning if you still feel you must.

Rgds
Khonwan

• Like 2

hi all i dont think any ones going to touch this with a MOOT DANG POLE .i think we should call it a day . and hope the meetings can resume in the near future . i for one hope there around when i settle in the LOS as a way off noing the does and donts and to meet like minded people i thank every one for trying to put something together while i have my holiday .and in away they have iwill have a drink or 3 with REVAR i will still go and meet IA in his part of the world and maybe i might meet the one they call J#%&?M .so things are good .people will be meet beer will be drunk:D so in my case as said things are fine PSi think the muscat was the problem so my bad so lets call it quits for now and thanks rgds RUSSELL

Well it would seem from IA's latest post to the effect that "there is now no open invitation to my farm any more" and his lack of response to my last post, that he does not intend to host IFM No.8.

However, I do not think that we, the "non-existent farming group" should allow one guy's personal problems to spoil the enjoyment of us all. I see no reason that this should prevent us going ahead with a meeting. I therefore propose that we revert back to square number 2 and have a meeting here at our place on the date and time previously set. All details to be as set out in my post #31 above and repeated herebelow

This is not a closed community, all are welcome, regardless of whether you have been to any meetings before as new faces are always very welcome. :

As time is short I would appreciate confirmation of those who wish to attend so that I can arrange the necessary food and drink stocks.

Details (repeated from post #31)

Date / Time

You will be welcome anytime from mid morning onwards on Saturday 30 March 2013. We shall provide an al-fresco BBQ style lunch for those who arrive in time and dinner in the evening, farang & thai food. Charge for food will be 100 baht per person per meal. We will stock a large cooler with beer - Leo and Chang Export as well as some Coke. Any other drinks you require you must bring yourself. You will be invited to put 50 baht into a tin for each beer you consume - fair enough? My pension doesn't run to free booze and food!

We are located just off route 23 East of Roi Et. I attach a sketch map showing our location and our telephone numbers in case you get lost.

Accommodation

There are two good short-time resorts within 2km of us, they are Ban Suan Resort and Relax Resort, both of which are shown on the sketch map. I don't intend to pre-book as I understand there is usually room, but I suggest it may be wise if you go there first and check-in to make sure you have a room for later. Failing that there are many hotels in Roi Et.

Map _PWF_Resorts.pdf

Hi WormFarmer,

Delighted that, after all the earlier remarks made, you are still willing to hold the next meeting.

I have only missed one of the meetings so far and, as well as making new friends from around Isaan, have much enjoyed their company and learning about their different experiences since being up here.

Count us (2) in on the 30th.

See you then.

AA1

Hi; Worm farmer, As Aussieruss said in an earlier post on this get together issue,you are the backbone but also you shave shown a lot of heart where many others would have thrown their hands in the air and no I do not need this, so I thank you for the effort in trying to keep these meetings alive.For all the members of this farmers forum. Please remember it takes a lot of people to build something like this and it takes time but it takes only one person with a wrecking ball to knock it all down if YOU let that happen. Worm farmer I along weith my wife will attend the meeting at your place on the 30th.

AA1 & ib1b4: Thanks for your replies, looking forward to seeing you then.

John Clements has also emailed me to say he cannot get on to Thai Visa, something to do with having a yahoo email address, but anyway he says that both he and his wife will be coming.

HI Wormfarmer. As you know I am currently recovering from major surgery. Unfortunatly Wee and I cannot attend the meet next week .Please send my regards to all who attend. Thank you. Helmuth.

Hi Bigboy whistling.gif

Yes I was aware of your situation and I am hoping you are soon fully recovered - we shall miss you both at the meeting but catch you again sometime soon.

Hello Fergus,

I will be there with bells on, but if others would prefer a "quiet American" I'll leave the bells for another day. As much as the concept of being a "naughty boy" in Roi Et appeals to me, I dought I have the power or other means (money) to carry out such a prospect. So, please book me a room at the "resort" closest to you. As for topics, I'm curious about subjects such as growing algae, Thai fairy shrimp, and producing fodder (7-day old grass). I hope this doesn't deter anybody from coming. Oh, yeah, if anybody knows about miniature Zebu cattle, that's of interest as well.

Best regards,

Richard

Glad to hear you be coming Richard.

Incidentally, on the subject of money, the beer at the meeting will be free. A very kind ThaiVisa member, who is interested in these meetings but lives too far away to attend, has offered to provide the beer for us. I'll tell you who it is at the meeting when we can all drink a toast to him.

Glad to hear you be coming Richard.

Incidentally, on the subject of money, the beer at the meeting will be free. A very kind ThaiVisa member, who is interested in these meetings but lives too far away to attend, has offered to provide the beer for us. I'll tell you who it is at the meeting when we can all drink a toast to him.

And where is this meeting? rolleyes.gif

And where is this meeting? rolleyes.gif

See post #71 above for full details and map.

Thanks Wormfarmer. The beer thing is a practical joke. I am really interested in talking to the Farrmangs.

Roi Et is a tat far away from Phetchabun. You seem all open and kind people in the thread. Dont have to know what happened with IA but to me he is a swell fellow.

Just like to say this.

Thanks Wormfarmer. The beer thing is a practical joke. I am really interested in talking to the Farrmangs.

Roi Et is a tat far away from Phetchabun. You seem all open and kind people in the thread. Dont have to know what happened with IA but to me he is a swell fellow.

Just like to say this.

There are two others coming from Petchabun, (LomSak to be precise). Nice little resorts near here, 400 baht or 500 baht, so no problem to stop over.

We are all open and kind people here always happy to meet new open and kind people. smile.png

Just like to say this.

There are two others coming from Petchabun, (LomSak to be precise). Nice little resorts near here, 400 baht or 500 baht, so no problem to stop over.

We are all open and kind people here always happy to meet new open and kind people. smile.png

Lomsak farmers? Why haven't i never met them..

Hi Fergus

i am 99.9 % sure i will be there on saturday morning also, two of us, me and her,,

but i have a crisis in the family at the moment so if things go bad before saturday i will call you

it will be the day visit only, need to back home p.m. i will bring our drinks,

regards mick