Isaan Farmers Meeting No8

aussieruss

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be the first to thank WF for his hospitality and great vision for entertainment, farming and fellowship.

wai.gif .

P.S.

I sneaked in this morning to collect my flipflops. Didn't want to wake you.

Edited by Dancealot

WormFarmer,

Thanks so much for the wonderful day (last Saturday) which you provided for us.
Your catering was superb. What excellent cooks you have in Roi Et!!
Also
a VERY special thanks to an absent friend from Phuket who said that he thought the idea of these meetings for likeminded 'farmers' was excellent but regretted that he was so far away he was unable to attend them but very kindly supplied all the beer for us to drink which we thoroughly enjoyed!! WE drank a toast to you and hope that if you ever come up to Khon Kaen, which I gather you occasionally do, that you will give us advanced notice so that we may be able to organise a meeting to fit so that we have a chance to meet you and thank you in person.
As well as meeting old (in some cases both possible meanings are applicable BUT we are ALL young at heart anyway!!) friends, met some very interesting new visitors as well. Being an unfortunate smoker, it was the first time I have met someone connected to tobacco growing. Also with another newcomer from Petchabun at some stage in the future it could be fascinating to hold a meeting up there to see terraced farming in the mountains?? It would be a good excuse to have a long weekend away from home to see an area of Thailand which I understand is extremely beautiful.

A most enjoyable and educational day was had by all and thank you, WormFarmer (and family) for all your kindness.

It has been suggested that maybe I should host the next Meeting around the end of June/beginning of July at our home and rubber farm in Surin Province. It would be slightly different from the earlier one we held as then tapping the rubber had NOT started. We have now started tapping about 1/3rd. of the trees.

IF someone else would like to host the Meeting I will be only too happy to withdraw as my cooking is NOT up to WormFarmer's standard!!!!

Unless I hear from anyone, I will put a post giving details of the date, venue, etc. in the next few weeks.

Anthony.

• Like 1

WormFarmer,

Thanks so much for the wonderful day (last Saturday) which you provided for us.

Your catering was superb. What excellent cooks you have in Roi Et!!

Also

a VERY special thanks to an absent friend from Phuket who said that he thought the idea of these meetings for likeminded 'farmers' was excellent but regretted that he was so far away he was unable to attend them but very kindly supplied all the beer for us to drink which we thoroughly enjoyed!! WE drank a toast to you and hope that if you ever come up to Khon Kaen, which I gather you occasionally do, that you will give us advanced notice so that we may be able to organise a meeting to fit so that w e have a chance to meet you and thank you in person.

As well as meeting old (in some cases both possible meanings are applicable BUT we are ALL young at heart anyway!!) friends, met some very interesting new visitors as well. Being an unfortunate smoker, it was the first time I have met someone connected to tobacco growing. Also with another newcomer from Petchabun at some stage in the future it could be fascinating to hold a meeting up there to see terraced farming in the mountains?? It would be a good excuse to have a long weekend away from home to see an area of Thailand which I understand is extremely beautiful.

A most enjoyable and educational day was had by all and thank you, WormFarmer (and family) for all your kindness.

It has been suggested that maybe I should host the next Meeting around the end of June/beginning of July at our home and rubber farm in Surin Province. It would be slightly different from the earlier one we held as then tapping the rubber had NOT started. We have now started tapping about 1/3rd. of the trees.

IF someone else would like to host the Meeting I will be only too happy to withdraw as my cooking is NOT up to WormFarmer's standard!!!!

Unless I hear from anyone, I will put a post giving details of the date, venue, etc. in the next few weeks.

Anthony.

End of June would be great for me. I should be there from 6/6 to 6/7. I will make some Pie

Bob

PS. Have you got an oven?

Edited by grimleybob

Since Bergen was so bold i will post a backwards collage. Part 1

End of the night, music meastro's!

post-70928-0-22475100-1364891861_thumb.j

Someone's drinking Red wine with ice cubes, novel!

post-70928-0-23967800-1364891841_thumb.j

TV

post-70928-0-01768300-1364891833_thumb.j

Wormfarmers'idea of a practical joke: Cabins&Condoms

post-70928-0-89447500-1364891825_thumb.j

Wormfarmers fridge at 6pm

post-70928-0-19751500-1364892075_thumb.j

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

grimleybob.

Your dates noted.

How would Saturday 30th. June fit in with people? Haven't discussed dates with the better 1/2 yet nor had time to get out of it! not a Buddha day either so all being well - Why not!

Yes we have an worktop oven which should be big enough. INSIDE measurements roughly 50 cms. wide x 40 cms. deep x 30 cms. high. We got it in Bangkok less than a month ago as wife decided our Baby Belling size was too small for Western baking so went to the other extreme. Your pies are delicious so you are welcome to fill it!!!

I was just about to PM you anyway as regret that I don't know the new motel/resort you talk about as rarely go in that direction. We have 2 + on the 24 by Sangkha but you are talking about 20/30 km. further. Sorry.

Bergen & Dancealot.

Both of you. Thank for posting the Photos. Great fun EXCEPT Bergen. Why did I mention smoking in my note of thanks to WF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony.

Edited by AA1
  • Like 2

grimleybob.

Your dates noted.

How would Saturday 30th. June fit in with people? Haven't discussed dates with the better 1/2 yet nor had time to get out of it! not a Buddha day either so all being well - Why not!

Yes we have an worktop oven which should be big enough. INSIDE measurements roughly 50 cms. wide x 40 cms. deep x 30 cms. high. We got it in Bangkok less than a month ago as wife decided our Baby Belling size was too small for Western baking so went to the other extreme. Your pies are delicious so you are welcome to fill it!!!

I was just about to PM you anyway as regret that I don't know the new motel/resort you talk about as rarely go in that direction. We have 2 + on the 24 by Sangkha but you are talking about 20/30 km. further. Sorry.

Bergen & Dancealot.

Both of you. Thank for posting the Photos. Great fun EXCEPT Bergen. Why did I mention smoking in my note of thanks to WF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony.

Quite the cheecky fellow he is, isn't he. That's not all he did...laugh.png

Good to have farmiliarised myself with you. It was an honor. Love your Roger Moore accentthumbsup.gif .

Wanted to finish our discussion about the pre WW1 occupancy and would like to clarify that i didnt mean Uganda but Namibia as a German occupied territory.

Must have been Rus' fine Whisky...

Cheerio!

I think and felt... that I'm too young too fit in to this group of veterans.....

(a 41 year old Chinese young punk, does anybody mind ? laugh.png )

I am 36 old punk!

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

HIall i also would like to thank mr and mrs WF for a nother good meeting one year on.followed by a trip to meet IA thena night at bergens with IA BERGEN and JIM and to much to drink again .had time to visit jims factory and home .well 4days and 1500km later meet some good people and seen another part of the LOS.i would like to thank all concernd .and await a meeting in 1years time :D

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Fergus sorry for the late thank you but i dont have internet at home.

thanks for showing us around your lovely home and farming interests

thanks for the lovely meal [ im usually eating 711 style ]

regards to you and your wife also all the other members we meet

very enjoyable day out

regards mick

WormFarmer,

Thanks Anthony, and everyone else, It was a pleasure seeing every one. I liked the photos, except one horrible one of me looking weird (or do I always look like that?)

Anthony.

End of June / early July would be fine for us. I agree you should hold off posting it up yet until [a] you are sure you can do it then, or someone new may volunteer (there was once a suggestion from someone (an American I presume) to host one on 4th July) and [c] it is nearer the time so people have a better idea of their plans.