Tata Super Ace Truck

thunder30101

Cab forward design allows for a bigger bed, but dangerous in an accident where the cab deforms. Leg injuries would be a worry.

It appears to be under tyred. For the goat tracks of Thailand I would up the wheel size and and use heavy duty tyres.

Me, I would probably go the Suzuki simply because I like the Carryall.

Would be interesting to hear from a long time Tata owner.

I think Tata is Ok for an urban short haul delivery truck but under-powered out on the open road.

Suzuki is not busting with HP but it keeps up with motorway traffic and will cruise at 120 all day and will do 150+ if pushed.. Fuel consumption suffers above 105 but if LPG like most of them are the difference is small. Taking off the catalytic converter if LPG makes a noticeable difference.

Edited by VocalNeal

Tata is a wonderful truck. Cab over is Safe as you sit above most accidents.

Motor gets 17 kpl. Much higher than the Suzuki using a lower cost fuel

Motor has more torque which is important in hauling things.

I am large, and I could not fit in the Suzuki. I could in the Tata,

Tata nor any of these trucks are speed demons. But will go all day

The Hyundai /Kia (same truck) does have a larger 2.9lt motor but less fuel economy but bigger bed.

I have had no reliability problem with mine and very happy with it

Tata is also the lowest cost of the bunch

i have sat in both the Suzuki and the Tata.. both are a tight fit (but i am fairly big)

The Tata is definitely built to a price... but all seems ok quality.. not luxury.

i have seen a few on the roads motoring along at 100-120kmh they did not seem as if they were struggling but a testdrive would be a must..

Its just for local hauling stuff i like to build-play with not work or long distance traveling, I am even going to build a removable camper for it to have some relaxing time in remote areas. I do prefer the suzuki but dont like the gas powered engine due to fuel costs and with lpg being floated soon I am now only interested in diesel power, The hyundai does have the 2.6 diesel but have to check the kpg and price difference. As i said this is just a low cost runner to haul and have fun in. Thanks for the good replies excepting one.

I sat in one last week at the mall, Suzuki I think.

All I can say is anyone who finds them suitable must be under 5 ft 6 inches tall, as I'm 6ft and my knees kept banging the dash every time I put the clutch down.

Edited by uptheos

The price of lpg/cng hasnt budged for the 5 years I have been here so how do you claim the price has increased to the point of the oil fund not losing billions of baht subsidizing it ??? Some people just dont read the thai news much or understand what the floating of cng/lpg to world market rates will do to the current price of using them. Thailand is now an importer of gas due to the rapid rise in usage by autos and trucks. There is a reason why households and businesses will be registered and allotted x amount per month soon. The oil fund deficits being produced by subsidies are at a breaking point for the economy.

I went to the dealership yesterday and looked and got a brochure to compare specs to the tata, but didnt see anything about a crew or double cab model availible in thailand. I would love to have one of those long bed hyundai double cabs you see everywhere in lao. Hopefully this weekend we can drive a tata around for a bit and get a feel for it. JefferyMcCollum seems to be happy with his which is a good sign

I sat in one last week at the mall, Suzuki I think.

All I can say is anyone who finds them suitable must be under 5 ft 6 inches tall, as I'm 6ft and my knees kept banging the dash every time I put the clutch down.

Jeffrey, I missed this (post 11)

"I am large, and I could not fit in the Suzuki. I could in the Tata" wai.gif