Airasia Execs Seek Govt Support To Make Thailand A Hub

webfact

No. Air Asia is not a contributing airline. The push to a "hub" is just another way of obtaining a handout.

Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways and Nok Air all have their primary servicing and provisioning in Thailand. These airlines make a more pronounced contribution to the economy of Thailand and to Thai society in general than does Air Asia. Tony Fernandes and company are not paying taxes in Thailand in the same manner as the 3 Thai airlines are. IMO Air Asia engages in predatory pricing and does not mmaintain the same levels of customer service as do the other 3 and should in no way be aided and abetted in its business goals.

Expected reply from You, If Air Asia does little to contribute to Thailand/Society-then back it up with the official contribution it does make??? You must be off your rocker to suggest, this airline has nothing to offer here. What does NOK give the customer that Air Asia doesn't ??? Bkk Airways is decent but Way overpriced as is Thai Airways. Hasn't the government got a big slice of Thai Airways,???? with you being so Pro government no matter what it does your comments are no different to most of your posts.

Can't say as I am all that knowledable but GK has some really good points here. You on the other hand are basing your comments n the price of the flight. Been quite a while since I flew NOK but when I did there service beat the crap out of Air Asia.

the last time I flew Air Asia I was in a bad way I needed a wheel chair and so notified them when I purchased the ticket. Upon arrival in Bangkok I was notified that there would be a half hour wait.

My back packing days are over now I think about myself instead of cost.

H.D. So me on the other hand had no good points ??? I did mention price BUT why did you pick on only that part ??

You had a foul experience with A A. sorry about that, but I have flown all, I have had countless bad experiences with Thai over 30 years, and some fantastic trips with them, but I was going on averages.

Granted GK had some valed points, BUT they are always on the side of anything Thai rather than seeing the whole pic.,

mentioned A.A. doesn;t pay taxes here, so on that note Fuel, workforce, landing costs,Don Muang usage, it's general service, ME thinks they do contribute very much. I think of everything personal and money, and being honest in the last 3 years I have not had a late or BAD flight with A.A. so I must have been so so lucky.

Reread your post the only thing you said good about Air Asia was in a round about way you said the others were over priced.

GK said they did not pay tax he did not say the people they pay don't pay tax.

Good for you they are a wonderful airline.

I on the other hand see things different. The two times I had flown with them before the last debacle both had a canceled flight out of Bangkok on the way home. I personally do not see that as good service. I am not a big fan of Thai air either but I can expect service out of them with out the constant hand out for more money.

As I said on another post My back packing days are over. Now I can take the time to enjoy myself at least as much enjoyment as I can get out of airports and flying.

H.D. No probs, until I have a bad experience with AA, then I would shift, AA have new aircraft clean and 55 mins the same as the others to DM.BKK. If they were so bad as many give them that pic., They would NOT be operating as many planes. I did also say they Have to pay themselves airport and a host of other fees to Thailand, NOT just their employees paying tax--again that was the only money they paid as you only picked up on that --come on be fair, they pay a hell of a lot of money to Thailand, as do the others. it only is customer preference you are talking about, I did say what I did as GK pointed out that they contrbuted to very little,or thats what it came over as. For international connect I will choose Thai to Swampy.

No. Air Asia is not a contributing airline. The push to a "hub" is just another way of obtaining a handout.

Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways and Nok Air all have their primary servicing and provisioning in Thailand. These airlines make a more pronounced contribution to the economy of Thailand and to Thai society in general than does Air Asia. Tony Fernandes and company are not paying taxes in Thailand in the same manner as the 3 Thai airlines are. IMO Air Asia engages in predatory pricing and does not mmaintain the same levels of customer service as do the other 3 and should in no way be aided and abetted in its business goals.

Air Asia not a contributing airline?

Prime Minister YS and two of her top ministers seem to think differently, why else roll the red carpet out as they did?

• Like 1

yes but as Thaksin has major shares at Air Asia they will get some handouts.

Oh is that so? Please support your statement. You are aware that Asia aviation plc the Thai controlling company is a public company right?

As such, there is a legal obligation to disclose the identity of major shareholders. Did you bother looking at the list? Please tell me which one of the majority shareholders is Mr. Thaksin, or one of his companies. Here's the listing of the majority shareholders. Show me I am wrong, and tell me which one is controlled by Thaksin.

FIL Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd.

Templeton Asset Management Ltd.

Nomura Asset Management (Singapore) Ltd.

Goldman Sachs Asset Management International Ltd.

Goldman Sachs Asset Management (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.

FIL Investments International

FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.

SCB Asset Management Co. Ltd.

Degroof Gestion Institutionnelle Luxembourg SA

BTW, in 2012 the company had an IPO and the shares were sold to institutional investors and the public.

and you know all the details of who are the people behind and/or involved with FIL investments in 3 countries ? Any idea who templeton are ? The entry of air asia into thailand and how it unfolded during mr thaksin's premiership is known to everyone who was following the news then... and how nok air was stalled and undercut... I suppose that is the connection to this 'argument'... it may well be that all these companies listed above have no visible or invisible connection to mr thaksin...and all this is purely coincidental... in which case the argument or accusation is not valid...

If you see a Thaksin conspiracy in the Fidelity group of funds or Templeton funds, then you are lost in the mists of delusion. Mr. Thaksin is a nobody when it comes to those big funds. They are well established funds subject to US & UK regulatory scrutiny. They are the big leagues and with all due respect to Mr. Thaksin, his wealth is way down the ladder in the puddle of minor unimportant investors. Conceivably he might have some shares through a 3rd partyfund just as my pension fund holds shares in companies. However, he has no say in how the funds operate. I don't think multi billion dollar Fidelity even knows who Thaksin is.

• Like 1

Prime Minister YS and two of her top ministers seem to think differently, why else roll the red carpet out as they did?

Not a contributing airline in the same manner as TG or NOK. Seriously, can you not see the difference between a company that has service facilities for equipment and maintenance and full provisionment vs. an airline that sends its equipment to Malaysia or the Phillippines for the important servicing? Who do you think is more of a contributor between two companies in the same sector? The company that employs the higher skilled labour force and pays the higher wages with better benefit packages, or the company that has the lowest wages and the smallest number of skilled labour?

Yes Air Asia contributes, but it is not in the same category as an airline that has invested in infrastructure and personnel. EVA , Emirates and other airlines are just as important if not more so because these airlines are bringing in the higher value demographic of vsitiors. When the multiple EVA flights land at BKK, its B777 and A330 is delivering a higher per pax contributor to the economy than Air Asia.

Sure, the government will make nice to Air Asia as it should. It doesn't want to seem hostile to business. However, at the end of the day, Bangkok Airways which is well connected politically and TG/Nok which are considered part of the national air service mandate are the priority. Hopefully, these airlines remind the government who is paying the big taxes, creating skilled labour jobs and investing in infrastructure.

Because she knows his 8 million passengers pay a hell of a lot of departure tax... and he's the biggest tenant by far at Don Mueang, responsible for paying millions more in all the staff and ancillary services staff involved.

H.D. No probs, until I have a bad experience with AA, then I would shift, AA have new aircraft clean and 55 mins the same as the others to DM.BKK. If they were so bad as many give them that pic., They would NOT be operating as many planes. I did also say they Have to pay themselves airport and a host of other fees to Thailand, NOT just their employees paying tax--again that was the only money they paid as you only picked up on that --come on be fair, they pay a hell of a lot of money to Thailand, as do the others. it only is customer preference you are talking about, I did say what I did as GK pointed out that they contrbuted to very little,or thats what it came over as. For international connect I will choose Thai to Swampy.

Thai air and all the other Thai airlines pay the same bills as Air Asia. Nobody denies that Air Asia pays them What you fail to understand is that the other carriers also pay tax to Thailand. As has been stated here often enough Air Asia does not. I come from Chiang Mai and later this month I have paid an additional 1,200 baht to fly Bangkok air into swampy as my final destination is Pattaya. for that 1,200 baht I have cut my land travel time in half. I have a lounge I can go into while I wait to board my flight. In the lounge I will be given free water as on the plane rather than pay 20 baht for water. I personally don't care how new or clean there planes are. I also at no extra cost am allowed 20 kilos if I need it for my luggage. As I said my back packing days are over. Time to treat myself. With in reason of course.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You are joking of course. The first and most obvious one is Yingluck gets a photo Op.

the second one is no matter how inept she is she knows it would bring in more work and baht to Thailand if Air Asia was to set up a home base in Thailand complete with all the manpower and equipment that goes into that.

Perhaps I am wrong and she is that inept but her brother the Prime Minister Is not And as we have seen quite often Thaksin speaks Yingluck jumps. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I still can't believe you had to ask that question.clap2.gif

Thai air and all the other Thai airlines pay the same bills as Air Asia. Nobody denies that Air Asia pays them What you fail to understand is that the other carriers also pay tax to Thailand. As has been stated here often enough Air Asia does not. I come from Chiang Mai and later this month I have paid an additional 1,200 baht to fly Bangkok air into swampy as my final destination is Pattaya. for that 1,200 baht I have cut my land travel time in half. I have a lounge I can go into while I wait to board my flight. In the lounge I will be given free water as on the plane rather than pay 20 baht for water. I personally don't care how new or clean there planes are. I also at no extra cost am allowed 20 kilos if I need it for my luggage. As I said my back packing days are over. Time to treat myself. With in reason of course.

Fail to understand what ??? you think I am that stupid I didn;t know the others pay tax--HD..stop wanting brownie points. I know who you fly with and why-- your wish. You will not give AA any credibility no matter what they fork out. If I was the P.M. I would welcome AA, as part of the transport system, and a big role it plays. I travel with hand luggage only as I have clothes etc at my condo in Jomptien. 55 minute flight I am not gagging for water, or need a luxury lounge, I take my time at 71 with enough experience to know if I am comfortable. BUT I am not a penny pincher, no need to be but am careful where I pay my monies and who to, if I buy a coke I pay 23 bht at Tesco...not 27 at 7-11, get my drift.