Singha To Distribute Carlsberg In Thailand

webfact

BEER BUDDIES: Singha to distribute Carlsberg in Thailand

By Coconuts Bangkok

beer3.jpg

Fun fact: Media outlets in Thailand aren't allowed to show pictures of brand-name alcohol.

BANGKOK: -- Carlsberg has had a rough time of it in Thailand. After its mercurial distribution deal with Chang ended nearly a decade ago, the Danish beer lost ground to another of its continental rivals – Heineken.

newsjs

Now, however, Carlsberg is back in business, having secured a distribution deal with Singha – Chang’s arch-nemesis.

According to the Bangkok Post, Singha will distribute Carlsberg beer throughout 21 cities in Thailand in exchange for access to Carlsberg’s factories in Russia and other Asian markets.

In addition to its plans to start attacking the European market, Singha has also courted offers from companies throughout Southeast Asia with the goal of forming partnerships throughout its supply chain.

Source: http://www.coconutsb...rg-in-thailand/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-02-14

Please don't distribute this utter Scouse garbage anywhere but the nearest Khazi!! Unless you are going to bring Cali special brew to the table that is, then I can think of a loyal bunch of Chang drinkers who might jump ship.

Scouse? I think Danish is the term for products of Denmark, sponsorship deals or not.

• Like 1

Please don't distribute this utter Scouse garbage anywhere but the nearest Khazi!! Unless you are going to bring Cali special brew to the table that is, then I can think of a loyal bunch of Chang drinkers who might jump ship.

FY! I love it.

The article doesn't directly say that Carlsberg will be brewed in Thailand. Because Singha is the distributor I would guess so, therefore avoiding import duties and transportation costs and therefore keeping Carlsberg's price competitive with other brands in Thailand. Otherwise simply importing and distributing Carlsberg would price Carlsberg out of the market.

The article doesn't directly say that Carlsberg will be brewed in Thailand. Because Singha is the distributor I would guess so, therefore avoiding import duties and transportation costs and therefore keeping Carlsberg's price competitive with other brands in Thailand. Otherwise simply importing and distributing Carlsberg would price Carlsberg out of the market.

if Singha is brewing it, it will be the same bad as the other locally brewed ones....

Calsberg is an ok beer. The only problem is it is 3.8% alcohol vol. Compared to all other beers her in Thailand it is very weak. Maybe it will find a market with the girls and the light drinkers.

Agree totally! Singha is wasting their time trying to distrubute this watered down European piss. Let's talk "World Famous Fosters beer."

Edited by jcb2001

Calsberg is an ok beer. The only problem is it is 3.8% alcohol vol. Compared to all other beers her in Thailand it is very weak. Maybe it will find a market with the girls and the light drinkers.

Wrong, Carlsberg has beer that is 7.2%, Most is 4.2% up.

Carslberg HOF: 4.2%

Carslberg Export: 5.0%

Carlsberg Sort Guld: 5.5%

Catsberg Elephant: 7.2%

to mention some of their different beers,

I'm not sure your statistics, however accurate are going to work with someone holding such macho misogynistic views

I'm not sure why there's such a large head in the picture either.

Edited by kimamey

LOL, you beer snobs crack me up! smile.png

In this weather, I prefer a light beer. Its hard to drink a 6-pack of Chang in this heat, at 6.4%.

My toes goes numb, and my feet forgets how to walk. dam_n beer's fault!

but to be honest i like all beer, Ham's, Chang, Chimay, PBR, Pacifico, Michalada, ect

If its got hops and barley,

bring it!

Edited by jamhar

Scouse? I think Danish is the term for products of Denmark, sponsorship deals or not.

Call it what you want, would never buy anything that has been on the front of an L.F.C shirt. Hell I still boycott airasia cos the used to sponsor Man U.

• Like 1

Agree totally! Singha is wasting their time trying to distrubute this watered down European piss. Let's talk "World Famous Fosters beer."

Where's that from?

Call it what you want, would never buy anything that has been on the front of an L.F.C shirt. Hell I still boycott airasia cos the used to sponsor Man U.

Ok, I understand the connection now. Let's just hope nobody ever decides to distribute "JeremyBowskill" anywhere, that would be a real mistake, worse than any Scouse or Manc association.

plans to start attacking the European market, Singha has also courted offers from companies throughout Southeast Asia

....."and now gentlemen,the latest arrival to the European Beer Buffet Table - a premium Thai beer,A.K.A Thai 'Klong-Water'sick.gif

I can't imagine who would buy this stuff in Europe other than homesick Thais and Farang thirsty for a taste of nostalgia.

Singha is going to lose their shirt trying to "attack" markets with very refined and established beer traditions.

Ok, I understand the connection now. Let's just hope nobody ever decides to distribute "JeremyBowskill" anywhere, that would be a real mistake, worse than any Scouse or Manc association.

Must have missed the punchline.....glad you now get the connection though. xx

Edited by JeremyBowskill

So airasia are a manc airline then in your eyes? I get the antagonism as dislike the scum myself, however if air asia offer the best price I'll take it.

Carlsberg is 5% here in Thailand !

It is brewed in Malaysia, Vietnam and Laos.

Carlsberg shall not compete with Chang (Chang was original brewed on Carlsbergs Elephant Beer receipei, but later reduced in alcohol from 7,2%, now is Chang completely different, breweded with the cheapest ingredients you can find on the world market)

Carlsberg have to compete with Singha, Heiniken, SanMiquel etc. as ir is a premium beer !

Carlsberg is the biggest brewery group in Asia, just take a look at their homepaghe, Laos 97%, Cambodia 9x%, Vietnam 5x%, Malaysia 48%, China more then 50% etc.

No other brewery comes them close in Asia !

Carlsberg also build all the breweries that Chang is brewed on (ScanBrew A/S) so they know what they are doing !!

• Like 1

So airasia are a manc airline then in your eyes? I get the antagonism as dislike the scum myself, however if air asia offer the best price I'll take it.

By the time you pay the baggage add ons and all the other stuff you usually fine you save no more than a few hundred baht and don't get so much as a cup of coffee. You do it your way my man and I will continue to spend my hard earned how best I see fit. I only fly from CNX-BKK as a rule so 1,800 baht on Manc airlines or 2,100 baht With Bangkok air With Wi Fi, lounge and in flight munch is a no brainer.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Hmm, if carlsberg is the best available I'll drink it, if air Asia best flight available I'll take it. Brand loyalty is not an issue for me nor do I care who sponsored who. I'll take the best option every time. You must have real trouble with sports gear as Adidas and Nike make or have made kits for Liverpool and the scum respectively.

Wrong, Carlsberg has beer that is 7.2%, Most is 4.2% up.

Carslberg HOF: 4.2%

Carslberg Export: 5.0%

Carlsberg Sort Guld: 5.5%

Catsberg Elephant: 7.2%

to mention some of their different beers,

I'm not sure your statistics, however accurate are going to work with someone holding such macho misogynistic views

I'm not sure why there's such a large head in the picture either.

Hmm, seems to be quite the trend lately to label anyone not a sensitive new age guy a mysogynist. Started with that idiot Aussie PM as a diversion from her protecting someone that did have real issues with women. There are guys out there that may hate women but being "macho" is not a causitive factor. Most guys have mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, mysogyny is a limited mental problem and hardly indicative of most males.

i like all beer, Ham's, Chang, Chimay, PBR, Pacifico, Michalada, ect If its got hops and barley, bring it!

.....no barely in Chang.....but there is a generous cut of formaldehyde to enhance the generous "Chang-Over" bah.gifbah.gif

Well that explains my numb toes after a 6 pack! tongue.png

Ok after reading this, and the post on tesco "value" lagar (that just sounds wrong),

i may have to revisit my beer list.

Burp! :)