60 Day Visa Extension, Anyway, Anyhow?

I have a 90 day Visa, (good for a 60 day stay only) obtained in Canada at the Thai Consulate. It expires 60 days after arrival which will be March 2nd 2013

Due to family illness, I need to stay until the end of March at least, or possibly a few days more.

Question 1

If I go to the Immigration office in Bangkok, is there any way I can get another 60 days? I hear mention of only 30 and 7 day extensions for 1900Baht

Question 2

I I go out of the country (to Cambodia most likely) can I get more than a 30 day visa or extension? I hear tell of folks who have obtained another 90 days by going on a Visa run to Cambodia???

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Cheers

Quote from the OP

I have a 90 day Visa, (good for a 60 day stay only)

It appears that OP has a TR visa which he can extend at any immigration for 30 days and thus give him the stay he needs without leaving the country !

Edited by MJCM

Any tourist visa can be extended 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht so that will take you to April. You could then extend for 7 to depart (extension not approved) or you could exit for visa exempt of 15 days by land or 30 days by air or you could get a new tourist visa from a Consulate with an overnight stay for a new 60 day stay.

Due to family illness, I need to stay until the end of March at least, or possibly a few days more.

Is the family Thai?

Then you can get 60 day extension based on visiting Thai family.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Thanks everyone for all the great help. I plan to go and extend for 30 days on Friday March 1st 2013 (one day before expiry). By my calculations, this should give me till March 31st, which should be okay, as long as flights out are available.. I just hope I don't get to immigration on March 1st and find they are closed for any reason or unable to extend (extra paperwork etc). I understand that I will need:

Passport

Passport copy of face page and entry stamp page.

I passport Photo

Application form filled out.

1900 Baht

Did I miss anything?

Cheers Flyboy767

Just returned from immigration and extending the visa 30 days process. Thanks to all for the good info, however I thought it prudent to mention a couple of things.

If you drive yourself in Bangkok rather than taking a taxi, you may drive around forever trying to find the the correct building. Enter the first big 2 way entrance off Chaeng Wattana, and the building is the first big one on the right. Lots of parking out front. If you take a taxi, most of the drivers know the building.

We had all our docs okay except we needed a copy of the original visa as well as the date stamped in from the passport.

Copies needed.

Copy of passport face page

Copy of date stamped in

Copy of visa

copy of arrival card.

1900 baht

1photo only

Do it anytime, as they extend it 30 days from your normal departure date.

If you need more time, you can get 15 days if you leave and re-enter the country by land, and 30 days if you do it by air. You can re-enter the same day, no overnight needed.