We Have A New Website For All Asia

CMweb

Can we get away from the National stereotyping. As a reader I do not care where the OP came from. Yes he did have a pr FAIL on this topic. Maybe from language or cultural misunderstanding but a customer service oriented business should always try not to dictate to its potential customers.

Maybe the site with tweaking will work maybe not....it will live or die on how the oP relates to his potential customers not on his nationality or that of his wife or for that matter how good or bad the site is.

His wife is thai he was joking chill out Arry biggrin.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that I'm old fashioned, in that I have installed and re-finished in person hardwood floors for the last 33 years. I tell people the truth, not what they want to hear or what will sell the job, and expect that my craftsmanship will sell itself. I have never had to use advertising for my business and I have always been booked up at least 4 weeks in advance. If this company is going to succeed, it will be from work of mouth, not from advice from a PR company or a consultant.

That is my point also and perhaps I didn`t explain properly?

My meaning is, give the customers what they want, what they would expect to hear and expect to see in a cheery way., a service that is tailor made for them, all on the level of course.

I do know that in Chiang Mai there has for years been a desperate need for a decent real estate agent that property sellers, buyers and renters can trust and have faith in. Unfortunately it appears that this is still yet to happen.

• Like 1

I guess that I'm old fashioned, in that I have installed and re-finished in person hardwood floors for the last 33 years. I tell people the truth, not what they want to hear or what will sell the job, and expect that my craftsmanship will sell itself. I have never had to use advertising for my business and I have always been booked up at least 4 weeks in advance. If this company is going to succeed, it will be from work of mouth, not from advice from a PR company or a consultant.

My meaning is, give the customers what they want, what they would expect to hear and expect to see in a cheery way., a service that is tailor made for them, all on the level of course.

I do know that in Chiang Mai there has for years been a desperate need for a decent real estate agent that property sellers, buyers and renters can trust and have faith in. Unfortunately it appears that this is still yet to happen.

I understood EXACTLY what you meant Beetle

Plain english

Can we get away from the National stereotyping. As a reader I do not care where the OP came from. Yes he did have a pr FAIL on this topic. Maybe from language or cultural misunderstanding but a customer service oriented business should always try not to dictate to its potential customers.

Maybe the site with tweaking will work maybe not....it will live or die on how the oP relates to his potential customers not on his nationality or that of his wife or for that matter how good or bad the site is.

His wife is thai he was joking chill out Arry biggrin.png

I was not joking, my wife is Russian, any problems with it? angry.png

Sorry but this is 2013 and that is genuinely one of the worst websites I have seen in terms of general usability, content presentation and functionality. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in any country that had a refined internet audience.

However, this is Chiang Mai and I can live with a crappy website, but your repulsive attitude towards useful feedback has guaranteed I will never use your company to purchase or rent property, whether in Chiang Mai or elsewhere in Asia.

Good luck!

Agreed. Building a business is about creating relationships. Its about interaction. Its about listening to the customers or potential customers. Its about developing the ability to look over the hill and see what is coming towards you. All of these abilities appear to be sadly lacking in the original poster's responses. Head, Ostriches and Sand come to mind! Meanwhile I'm trying to sell my house here in Chiang Mai and the agents I have spoken with do very little with no feedback at all. One asked me what price I was selling at. I stated some outrageous sum and they said "OK" and put that price in the details. Another webseller asked me to send photos and write a description. What on earth do they get their 3% for? However, I won't be using the op's site, thanks.

Unfortunately it appears that this is still yet to happen.

post-4641-1156693976.gif Before you went out with me for a beer or coffee to know me, don’t charge me in my topic coffee1.gif

If you read again my first post on this thread, I said that I have mentioned some friendly advice all in good faith and with good will and also what you decide is up to you, in no way have I made any personal remarks against you as a person. As a matter of fact I was very complimentary, but you have for some reason turned this into a battle of wits and I can assure you, this is not what it`s about. People like DiamondKing and myself are old hands here and were only giving some little tips taken from our wealth of experience, with no ill intentions or malice.

I sincerely wish you all success with your real estate business and prosperity for the future.

If you mean give customers the knowledge about a subject to make an informed decision, then we are in agreement. If a customer wants, in the case of my business, a type of flooring that will not last, I tell them that and not install it and hear that, in 5 years, the floor has to be removed. What the customer wants and what he needs can be two different things.

If you mean give customers the knowledge about a subject to make an informed decision, then we are in agreement. If a customer wants, in the case of my business, a type of flooring that will not last, I tell them that and not install it and hear that, in 5 years, the floor has to be removed. What the customer wants and what he needs can be two different things.

Exactly.

And being a businessman yourself, you would know the old proverb: the customer is always right. Even if technically they are not right, they should in most circumstances be given the benefit of the doubt.

And if you are in the flooring industry and I needed flooring, according to what you have said in your post, than I would not hesitate to use your company.