Cockroaches ?

Traxster

Hi.. if your in a condo then have you asked the neighbours if they have ploblems ?

no point clearing your bugs if they gonna continue next door or down below or up above... they will come back..

Maybe a joint effort required to solve ploblem .

hope you get it fixed,

Simple...go to Home Mart, they sell "Smoke Bomb" type that fumigates a room at a time or whole house in fact. This kills everything.!!

Indeed, and probably including the people who live there.

Boric acid and sugar seems a safer bet to me than squirting toxic substances around my living area.

Silly response, so Boric Acid is safe ?? The fumigation smoke bombs sold are Human and animal safe and designed for home use and made in France. Why criticize something you have not even checked out?

Edited by Pdavies99

A few years back a salvage crew raised teak deck timbers from a sunken trawler off Fleetwood in England. The ship sank during WW2.

They washed and slowly dried the timbers. Only to find them crawling with cockroaches. The eggs had survived over 60 years under the sea.

Some sound advise. Never ever crunch a roach. They are all full of eggs and stomping on them just gets eggs all over the place. With the result that you just spread more of them about the place.

Female Cockroaches in some species need to mate once to carry on producing fertile eggs all her life, which can be a year and she can produce 400 more of the blighters...

On the plus side in Thailand, there is of course a business opportunity if they are in your Kitchen. Try to round them up and get them to drop in a very hot deep fat fryer. You can then sell them as a ready meal.

• Like 1

Boric acid and sugar seems a safer bet to me than squirting toxic substances around my living area.

Silly response, so Boric Acid is safe ?? The fumigation smoke bombs sold are Human and animal safe and designed for home use and made in France. Why criticize something you have not even checked out?

The boric acid and sugar stays in the pot you put it in and only the cockroaches ever go near it. The emissions from the toxic bomb pervade the atmosphere of the entire area and are deposited on every surface.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Simple...go to Home Mart, they sell "Smoke Bomb" type that fumigates a room at a time or whole house in fact. This kills everything.!!

Indeed, and probably including the people who live there.

The fumigation bombs are indeed safe if the instructions are followed precisely and then rooms are left to ventilate for some time after using the bomb and nobody breathes the fumes. Will everybody in the building follow safety instructions ?

Edited by xen

Best solutions for cockroaches:

1. cultivate spiders . spiders= no cockroaches

2. block all open drains and sources of moisture

3.block all entry points with silicone in your apartment as cockroaches do not recognise borders

4. Keep everything clean in your apartment

5. keep the common rubbish areas clean

7. learn to live with them

Ok , I accept they are all impracticable (especially in Thailand ) except the last one.

The fumigation bombs are indeed safe if the instructions are followed precisely and then rooms are left to ventilate for some time after using the bomb and nobody breathes the fumes. Will everybody in the building follow safety instructions ?

Boric acid and sugar is safe, full stop. Why? Because there is no ventilation or special treatment required at all.

You put the boric acid and sugar in a pot where the cockroaches can get at it. They die. You continue your normal daily routine. That's all. There are no emissions of any type and no other creature needs to come in contact with the mixture at all at any time, or even be aware that it is there.

Makes sense to me. Anyone who prefers to let off chemical bombs in their house, evacuate the area and then ventilate it is welcome to do so if that amuses them. I'll pass.