Thailand's Prostitution Image Is Embarrassing

webfact

Prostitution is not called the World's oldest profession for nothing. wai.gif

Lord let those who love us - love us - and those that don't - please change their mind - and if you can't change their minds - twist their ankles so we'll recognise them by the way they walk! clap2.gif

Just a thought... coffee1.gif

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of women hating people here. Some guys have had some serious issues when trying to build a serious relationship and may have been tossed out a lot of times.

By all means defend your prostitutes that is your right but please do not throw all women into the same basket and label them whores and prostitutes. Some comments are extremely insulting and offensive.

I feed my daughter, clothe her, pay for her education and she gets an allowance. That hardly means she is a prostitute like the street crawlers in Pattaya. My wife works hard in the home cooking, cleaning and raising well balanced kids this does not make her a prostitute.

Some people need to grow up just a little and get over thier previous failed relationships, show some respect and take moment to think that it may have just be your fault that you are a lonely bitter loser and not a womans fault.

We said that person.

If one wished to take it to the extreme that some here are at then all women from every corner of the world are prostitues. Including their own mothers and sisters. Good luck explaining that to those people.

Edited to add that with a thai chick you know where stand especially when the Kiwi steel is being sharpened and the geese have a wiff of morsels......

Edited by Roadman
  • Like 1

Many of the more afluent married Thai men and those in high positions have Mia Noi's (a bit on the side) which they pay handsomely with gifts of money, clothes, jewelry etc. to be with them.

Is this not the same as prostitution.

Let's live in the real world.

Prostitution of some sort is everywhere, it is just given a different name.

If there was a government scheme to give the unemployed some benifit and a pension for the elderly so their children didn't have to look after them when too old to work, or child benefit etc as happens in most western countries then perhaps the prostitution problem wouldn't be so big. The problem is that the money that could or should be available for things like this is gobbled up with corruption.

Now it is too late for change.

• Like 2

My wife and I own a businesses in Thailand.

Our staff earn in excess of 15000 BTH per month each.

Our staff do not have to do anything sexual or degrading, yet we find it nearly

impossible to find staff.

We spend 20% of our budget and time just trying to find Thai people to work.

This includes spending long days at the unemployment office, handing out brochures in

the street and in complexes and markets.

Canvasing tuk tuks and other shop owners to find people.

Offering large incentive for people just to find other people to work.

Large numbers of Thai young people become very angry when you simply ask them if they would like a

job serving coffee.

My Lawyer has suggested they get angry because you are implying that they have to work

because either their parents don't love them enough to pay for them, or they are not beautiful

enough to find a partner to take care of them(both men & women).

There is absolutely no excuse for any one in this country to become a prostitute.

These women and their family are just lazy scum bags.

I can offer any one in the picture a job tomorrow which doesn't involve

prostitution.

Just so non Thai people can understand;

the sort of money we offer would easily pay for a very nice condo with swimming pool & gym.

a nice motorcycle and all the Thai food you could eat.

After living in this country on and off for about ten years, I don't have a lot of respect for Thai prostitutes and I have no sympathy for them whats so ever, because I know, there are just so many businesses crying out for workers.

Judging by your post, I think I have an idea why you cannot find staff :-)

I agree, is this guy living in the real world. A condo with swimming pool & gym and all the food they can eat for 15,000B a month.

Don't forget tax deductions, money sent home to elderly parents who only get have a government pension of 500B a month.

I am not saying that the job offered is poorly paid because 15,000B to some would be good, what I am saying is that one cannot do what he says on that money.

Try advertising or looking for staff in the poorer provinces and I suspect you will have no problem getting staff. I know of a few ladies in my village who would gladly take up your offer of work.

It is a sad story but if you remove the prostitution ...from what all these Thais will live? ...today prostitution feeds the majority of thais...the girls and their family....the nice police guy...

Or just digg deeper and many girls find it better to get paid for sex with customers (Farang & thai!!!!) then being raped at home with age under 16 from some step father...or even father...

I never saw such damaged system and family behavior before (not saying it exists also somewhere else!).

And there are not only the poor who have no other choice....there are the girls sold by their parents to take care the family.....there are the lazy ones who feel not ashame spreading their legs rather than doing a honorable job...and so on...it goes up till to the high levels!

But what you expect if the tradition demands the groom to pay for his bride...?! There it starts "Mama san"!

It is a sad story but if you remove the prostitution ...from what all these Thais will live? ...today prostitution feeds the majority of thais...the girls and their family....the nice police guy...

Or just digg deeper and many girls find it better to get paid for sex with customers (Farang & thai!!!!) then being raped at home with age under 16 from some step father...or even father...

I never saw such damaged system and family behavior before (not saying it exists also somewhere else!).

And there are not only the poor who have no other choice....there are the girls sold by their parents to take care the family.....there are the lazy ones who feel not ashame spreading their legs rather than doing a honorable job...and so on...it goes up till to the high levels!

But what you expect if the tradition demands the groom to pay for his bride...?! There it starts "Mama san"!

In many countries the bride pays to the groom. So do these countries not have prostitution? Or just male prostitution? ha ha ha. The two are separate issues.

• Like 1

How about Thai people using the sex industry?

Isn't it easier to blame the Farangs rather than to see the whole picture?

This is really the process that has been going on since the Vietnam war where most of this all started and wasn't put down ever since. Now Thailand has a generation of girls and women who are unable to break out of the cycle.

Bangkok was well known for its night life with beautiful girls being available back in the 1960's so any claims about the Vietnam War being the main cause and start of it are rubbish. That the arrival of the US forces ramped up the industry is another matter however.

Ayutthaya the capital before Bangkok also had the same reputation when the Austrians were here on R&R in 1624

• Like 2

My wife and I own a businesses in Thailand.

Our staff earn in excess of 15000 BTH per month each.

Our staff do not have to do anything sexual or degrading, yet we find it nearly

impossible to find staff.

We spend 20% of our budget and time just trying to find Thai people to work.

This includes spending long days at the unemployment office, handing out brochures in

the street and in complexes and markets.

Canvasing tuk tuks and other shop owners to find people.

Offering large incentive for people just to find other people to work.

Large numbers of Thai young people become very angry when you simply ask them if they would like a

job serving coffee.

My Lawyer has suggested they get angry because you are implying that they have to work

because either their parents don't love them enough to pay for them, or they are not beautiful

enough to find a partner to take care of them(both men & women).

There is absolutely no excuse for any one in this country to become a prostitute.

These women and their family are just lazy scum bags.

I can offer any one in the picture a job tomorrow which doesn't involve

prostitution.

Just so non Thai people can understand;

the sort of money we offer would easily pay for a very nice condo with swimming pool & gym.

a nice motorcycle and all the Thai food you could eat.

After living in this country on and off for about ten years, I don't have a lot of respect for Thai prostitutes and I have no sympathy for them whats so ever, because I know, there are just so many businesses crying out for workers.

Judging by your post, I think I have an idea why you cannot find staff :-)

I think that he has summed up the situation to the letter.

The guy has written about his conclusions / summarisation which have drawn from his own experience.

I note that you haven't debated what he has written as to it's veracity.

AND, those who do debate or argue with what he has written wouldn't know 'shyt from Shinola'

There are a lot of women hating people here. Some guys have had some serious issues when trying to build a serious relationship and may have been tossed out a lot of times. By all means defend your prostitutes that is your right but please do not throw all women into the same basket and label them whores and prostitutes. Some comments are extremely insulting and offensive. I feed my daughter, clothe her, pay for her education and she gets an allowance. That hardly means she is a prostitute like the street crawlers in Pattaya. My wife works hard in the home cooking, cleaning and raising well balanced kids this does not make her a prostitute. Some people need to grow up just a little and get over thier previous failed relationships, show some respect and take moment to think that it may have just be your fault that you are a lonely bitter loser and not a womans fault.

"Street cawler" isn't a very respectful term either.

• Like 1

Embarrasing?

Who's embarrased? The sellers? Not apparently. The buyers? Not apparently.

Maybe it is those who are in denial, and do absolutely nothing to change the reality of the state of Thailand who are embarrased.

Yes, one prostitute was very honest in telling me that she and the other girls don't like their work, but they need to do it to provide for their children or parents. You can't believe that many prostitutes are happy with her chosen profession, and not doing it out of necessity. Heck, most wives say no to sex if asked. Why would a prosititue want a different person in her every night? That is a guys dream, not a woman's.

I have heard that on occasion Thai prostitutes don't tell the truth. How do you know the one you were speaking to was telling the truth?

Well i heard many of them telling they are lawyers,nurses,university girls.It doesnt mean you have to believe it,because it isnt true.

But you just have to think with your brain- who the hell want to work as prostitute and having sex with strangers every day.Only people who dont have any choices in life.No matter thailand or other country,nobody wants to work like that

It depends on which kind of prostitute you are referring to. The bar girls can choose to go or not to go with each guy. Take the two freelancers i mentioned before as an example. They go out and party to find guys. They get to party,dance, have sex with who they choose and get paid for it. On those terms i would be a prostitute if i could.

• Like 1

With medical tourism being the new buzz word - just think, you can catch a sexually transmitted disease in Nana and walk around the corner 5 min to Bumrungrad International hospital and get it fixed all in a days excursion cheaper than most places that offer similar services. That's why it's called the Land Of Smiles. It's just business and Thailand gleans billions in annual "tourism" income

Many of the more afluent married Thai men and those in high positions have Mia Noi's (a bit on the side) which they pay handsomely with gifts of money, clothes, jewelry etc. to be with them.

If there was a government scheme to give the unemployed some benifit and a pension for the elderly so their children didn't have to look after them when too old to work, or child benefit etc as happens in most western countries then perhaps the prostitution problem wouldn't be so big. The problem is that the money that could or should be available for things like this is gobbled up with corruption.

Typically those Thai guys paying for second wives are nothing to write home about. Unattractive physically, emotionally, lacking social grace and skills with women, overweight, uninteresting. Few females would be attracted to such guys were it not for financial gain.

Now some of the guys in the entertainment (TV/movies, music) have female companionship without paying for it. This is the same as it is in the west, plus the women are often upscale themselves.

This is not just a 'tourist' problem. The Thais seem to ignore the 'domestic' problem on the assumption that foreigners don't know about it. Every city in Thailand has various centres where sex is readily available.

Karaoke clubs, massage entertainment centres, etc. in every city and town in Thailand - catering not to foreigners, but to local Thais of every class.

What Thais may be more concerned about is the reputation that could be gained if foreigners started frequenting places like Ratchada where most of these huge entertainment complexes, up till now geared to service mainly Thai businessmen, and owned by prominent Thai businessmen, police, army and dare I say possibly people related to the government.

Chiang Mai allegedly has over 300 short-time hotels. I've never seen a tourist using the ones I pass.

How would you know? They have covered car parks.

You can see the curtains from the road ...... and the exterior signs advertising the hourly rate tend to give the game away.

I know how to tell it is a short time motel. What i wondered is how you know there are no tourist in them. The car behind the curtain could have a Northern Wheels sticker on it indicating it was a tourist but you would never see it.

It's kind of funny when we-and by we I mean fellow westerners, have a go at Thais reagarding prostituion. As if there is nothing wrong with our home countries. Utter hypocricy. In any major city in the USA the prostituion is rampant. London has become disgraceful place. Albanian mafia openly runs brothels with under aged girls who were kidnapped and forced into prostituion. Our officials take money and keep quiet. Let's be honest here, what is the difference between a western woman who drinks herself into oblivion and then sleeps with whoever comes first and a Thai girl who does the same but takes the money for it?

• Like 2

Typically those Thai guys paying for second wives are nothing to write home about. Unattractive physically, emotionally, lacking social grace and skills with women, overweight, uninteresting. Few females would be attracted to such guys were it not for financial gain.

Now some of the guys in the entertainment (TV/movies, music) have female companionship without paying for it. This is the same as it is in the west, plus the women are often upscale themselves.

That has not been my experience. The men with multiple mia nois had the looks, bucks and education. The men without were poor, ugly and uneducated.

Crazy and so stupid. Prostitution is world wide and obviously a much needed service and should be and is most cases an honest and fair one too. Nothing wrong with it either IMHO if given willingly and taken willingly by two consenting adults. Grow up for goodness sake Thailand and concentrate on what really does matter like mentioned below.

What is intolerable and should be actively outlawed and stopped is the pondlife pimps and organised mafia style crime gangs who exploit what would otherwise be honest prostitutes as indeed most here are. So come on Thailand lets get to looking at and putting right the real antisocial and nasty crimes hmm.

• Like 1

Crazy and so stupid. Prostitution is world wide and obviously a much needed service and should be and is most cases an honest and fair one too. Nothing wrong with it either IMHO if given willingly and taken willingly by two consenting adults. Grow up for goodness sake Thailand and concentrate on what really does matter like mentioned below.

What is intolerable and should be actively outlawed and stopped is the pondlife pimps and organised mafia style crime gangs who exploit what would otherwise be honest prostitutes as indeed most here are. So come on Thailand lets get to looking at and putting right the real antisocial and nasty crimes hmm.

I agree and add the pond scum cops we hear about so frequently who let the underage girls work and watch them till they can bust a big money John. Or the dimwit NGO's that pump money out of poor people to fight non existent problems and take photos of village kids on the way to school and try and pass them off as trafficked victims.

• Like 1

That has not been my experience. The men with multiple mia nois had the looks, bucks and education. The men without were poor, ugly and uneducated.

Should have also mentioned they have some money available. Short of lacking social skills with women/ shyness, why in the world would a good looking, educated affluent guy financially maintain a second wife? He has many options including dating. Perhaps Thainess makes him think the only way to get laid is by paying. So sad

There are a lot of women hating people here. Some guys have had some serious issues when trying to build a serious relationship and may have been tossed out a lot of times. By all means defend your prostitutes that is your right but please do not throw all women into the same basket and label them whores and prostitutes. Some comments are extremely insulting and offensive. I feed my daughter, clothe her, pay for her education and she gets an allowance. That hardly means she is a prostitute like the street crawlers in Pattaya. My wife works hard in the home cooking, cleaning and raising well balanced kids this does not make her a prostitute. Some people need to grow up just a little and get over thier previous failed relationships, show some respect and take moment to think that it may have just be your fault that you are a lonely bitter loser and not a womans fault.

Isn't that what they do, Crawl the street looking for punters? Edited by chooka

Isn't that what they do, Crawl the street looking for punters?

There is or was a Thai man who crawled the length of Soi Buakhow every day. He had no legs if I remember correctly. I always gave him some change. He was a street crawler. Some people have empathy some don't.

Bangkok has been known for prostitution since the 60's There is a reason the US soldiers came to Bang kok.

If they push the prostituion legality then they will drive it underground and it will still be here but the safety issues will be less. A true method would be to make them register but limit the number of shops or places you can have them.

Bangkok has been known for prostitution since the 60's There is a reason the US soldiers came to Bang kok.

If they push the prostituion legality then they will drive it underground and it will still be here but the safety issues will be less. A true method would be to make them register but limit the number of shops or places you can have them.

Thailand has been known for prostitution since the 1600's. You are correct only forgot one zero and a one.

Falang laugh at thai prostitues, and Thai people laugh at falangs who take prostitues for thier wife HAHAHAAHAcheesy.gif who are more stupid???blink.png

Far more Thai's have prostitutes for wife's than farangs, they go to work and take earnings home to hubby to piss up the wall.
  • Like 1