Kebab Cart - Night Bazaar

just_Elaine

On the Saturday night before last, we passed a kebab cart in the night bazaar area, observed for a bit and then tried it. It said it was a doner kebab. I can't exactly remember what that is. The guy was Turkish and he was with a Thai woman... It was chicken and the wrapper was kind of like a tortilla instead of a pita. It was pretty tasty. 50 baht. Outside (on the street) of Burger King. I don't know when they are there or anything. We were there around 9pm. Anyway, hope someone finds this useful...

There are a couple of those Kebab carts around town. Seems to be another one on Moon Muang that moves around. I think its the same owner because the equipment and product seem identical.

Very tasty eats.

There is another one on Chang Klan with a guy who is constantly saying Allah Akbar.

For me I would rather hear Kebab is great or something as the God thing is not really a major selling point.

• Like 1

Have seen a few around all with the same logo or whatever. They must be part-owned by a Turkish ex-pat because it is spelled Türkiye on the carts. Have seen a few Thai guys running them all speaking excellent English. Yes, very tasty. Better than The Kebab House run by the nice Indian family. Have ordered about 5 times now and always very good. The bread is cooked on the fire. They used to do it on the spot but now they are made in advance. There is an older Thai lady involved in the business too. They did have an email address and website (presumably for franchise purposes) but it has been removed. The one on Moon Muang is only there every other day or so. No real system. Good stuff!

There was a Turkish man and a younger Thai lady selling what they called doner kebabs inside the Night Bazaar a while back, but they were made of lamb or something and were not very good to be honest. They said nobody wanted to try lamb and they didn't last long. But I don't believe they are part of the current business around town so perhaps they have resurfaced selling chicken this time.

Edited by elektrified

There is a Donar cart right out side burger King.It is wrapped in a tortilla type affair. For all I know it could very well be a tortilla.

A Kabob involves meat and vegetables on a stick cooked on a Barbeque or open flame. the Donar is chicken cooked on a perpendicular rotating spit.

For myself it is delicious and only 50 baht. I had to ask him to leave the lettuce out as the wrapping would not hold it all.

For those who want to have a Donar but don't want to hear Allah Akbar On certain nights there is a fellow pushing the bible across the street from him.cheesy.gif

Can't swear to it but I believe the original Donar has lamb as well as Chicken.

There is a Donar cart right out side burger King.It is wrapped in a tortilla type affair. For all I know it could very well be a tortilla.

A Kabob involves meat and vegetables on a stick cooked on a Barbeque or open flame. the Donar is chicken cooked on a perpendicular rotating spit.

For myself it is delicious and only 50 baht. I had to ask him to leave the lettuce out as the wrapping would not hold it all.

For those who want to have a Donar but don't want to hear Allah Akbar On certain nights there is a fellow pushing the bible across the street from him.cheesy.gif

Isn't the meat and vegetables on a stick a shish kebab?

I have to admit I don't know when to use the word kebab so I call things based on the vendor's name. I have found the perpendicular rotating spit, that hellodolly described so well, used with various meats (chicken, lamb and beef) having product names gyros (USA), shwarma (Middle East and USA) and kebabs (Turkey). I usually like them although I've had a gyros or two that I have not been crazy about. I think it was the spice used. Anyway, it was a nice find and really hit the spot.

Isn't the meat and vegetables on a stick a shish kebab?

Maybe you could put your picture up of the preacher to show the fine folks the show they can enjoy while eating there Donar.