Illegal Vietnamese Fishing Boats Caught Off The Coast Of Sattahip

Rimmer

Illegal Vietnamese Fishing Boats caught off the coast of Sattahip

vietnam-1.jpg

SATTAHIP:--In an operation led by the Royal Thai Navy Coastguard Division, who are responsible for Policing the waters around the Gulf of Thailand, 3 boats and 30 Vietnamese Fisherman were detained on newsjsSunday afternoon, accused of illegally fishing in Thailand.

Vietnamese Fishing Vessels are a constant headache for the Thai authorities and in the last 6 months 40 vessels have been found to have illegally entered Thai waters to fish for Squid and Sea Snakes which are both popular and valuable delicacies in Vietnam.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/75113/illegal-vietnamese-fishing-boats-caught-coast-sattahip/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-17

Always wonder what happens to these poor blokes being incarcerated. Of course they cannot fish there but i would hardly call them criminals.

It is the boat skippers and owners who are to blame, the poor deck hands would not probably know where they were going to be fishing or they were fishing illegally.

Hopefully they prosecute the skippers, and hold the boats until the boat owners pay a big fine and the costs to repatriate the crews.

Edited by Basil B

Sexy Snake Fisherman caught by Thai Navy

SATTAHIP:--3 vietnamese Fishing boats were detained as they fished illegally in Thailand’s coastal waters. The thirty fishermen were luring seas snakes which are sold as a delicacy and are also believed to improve sexual prowess .

The Royal Thai Navy’s Coastguard Division, impounded the fishing boats after they were detected and followed by the Navy radar system at Sattahip and located by a plane which is used to survey the coastline for illegal activity.

Full story:--http://www.pattaya10...t-by-thai-navy/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-02-18

I took an evening flight out of BKK a couple of weeks ago, heading south, from the air i noticed what an incredible amount of boats fishing for squid with the green lights just off the coast of Satthahp, many hundreds if not a couple of thousand - i am surprised there is anything left to catch!