Chalerm Floats New Thoughts On Tackling Southern Insurgency

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The posts by A_traveller above are spot on.

Thaksin's 'ability' to put the wrong man (or woman) in the job is one of the ways that he can continue his powerful influence over the government. Much easier to control an incompetent than someone who knows what they're doing.

Chalerm is a prime example of this. He has never attempted to visit the South and just continues to mouth-off in his typical style, usually making a complete fool of himself. This makes him easily dispensible and also keeps the party in the limelight. He is just another square peg in a round hole.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung conceded that the premier took him to task for being hesitant to tackle the long-running problem.

"The premier rebuked me for my unwillingness in solving the problem. She also instructed me to go down South and keep her updated periodically about integrated intelligence work," Mr Chalerm said.

• Like 1

I wonder if his inner ear infection has now spread to his brain. This ear infection is taking it's time in being cured so maybe the idea of Thailand becoming a medical service hub for SE Asia should be ignored. Is there at least one Thai doctor who can cure this affliction which is obviously interfering with any sense of reality?

Difficult to spread to a brain if it doesn't exist in the first placecoffee1.gif
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung conceded that the premier took him to task for being hesitant to tackle the long-running problem.

"The premier rebuked me for my unwillingness in solving the problem. She also instructed me to go down South and keep her updated periodically about integrated intelligence work," Mr Chalerm said.

http://www.thaivisa....13/page__st__25

Intelligence work!cheesy.gif

Now lets give the man credit. It is not easy to be responsible when you have a load of ear medicine on board.

Is there a chance of catching him with out his ear medicine. I suppose if he was found in that condition he would just be a cowering babbling idiot.

Now that I think of it that would be preferable to the type he now is.

How must they feel down there in the deep south, a world away from Bangkok, to to all this flapdoodle from Suits with no understanding of who they are and what they are about and imposing officials on punishment duty to administer them? I for one would be mightily p1ssed off...

http://www.thaivisa....13/page__st__25

And this proves even more what a dingbat she is .. ! Why in the first place would she even place such an A/H to this position and then even continue supporting him .. Oye!!! .. There is no hope here at all and I do mean in all of hailand not only the south which is at this point beyond any salvage ... I mean in all of Thailand ... all looks good in the media ant he made up fictitous reports ans surveys but the shit of the reality will hit the fan very soon...

I wonder if his inner ear infection has now spread to his brain. This ear infection is taking it's time in being cured so maybe the idea of Thailand becoming a medical service hub for SE Asia should be ignored. Is there at least one Thai doctor who can cure this affliction which is obviously interfering with any sense of reality?

He don't use doctors as he's into self-medication.

Chalerm appoints advisory team to help resolve insurgency

By Digital Media

20130219141023-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 19 - Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung signed an order appointing a new team of advisers to help him quell violence in the southern border region, effective today.

The team comprises nine members of the Wadah group of Muslim politicians in the strife-torn region including former deputy prime minister, interior minister and nine-time MP Wan Muhammad Nor Matha. He was an MP under the now-disbanded Thai Rak Thai party.

The others are Den Tomeena, Areepen Uttarasin, Sukarno Matha, Najmuddin Umar, Phetdao Tomeena, Abdulrohman Absulsamad, Suthipan Sriwikanont and Sudin Phuyuthanont.

Under the order, the team of advisers are tasked to give advice, analysis and suggestions on any given assignments in connection with the southern problems.

Mr Chalerm explained that the newly-appointed panel of advisers are capable figures who understand the problems well as they are natives in the area. He was confident that the government is moving on the right track with the planned use of Article 21 of the Internal Security Act in an attempt to restore peace through talks. He added that 25 leading insurgents have contacted the authorities to enter the negotiation process.

As head of the Centre for the Implementation of Policies and Strategies for Solving Southern Problems, Mr Chalerm said he would meet next week with the team and their opinions would be presented at the next meeting of the centre.

Meanwhile, Thavorn Senneam, deputy leader of the opposition Democrat Party, welcomed the move to use the ISA, echoing Mr Chalerm's statement that the government is on the right path. He also suggested that the government should amend Article 21 of the law to bypass the judicial procedures so that the insurgents could directly turn themselves in to the local administrative officials instead of going through lengthy judicial procedures.

The Democrat MP for Songkhla also urged the government to listen to advice from the advisory council on the administration and development of the southern border provinces as well. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-02-19

• Like 1

The team comprises nine members of the Wadah group of Muslim politicians in the strife-torn region including former deputy prime minister, interior minister and nine-time MP Wan Muhammad Nor Matha. He was an MP under the now-disbanded Thai Rak Thai party.

He's also the disgrace to his own people who failed miserably on previous brokering attempts and was discredited over a decade ago by his fellow Southerners.....

nor_zps747aa82f.png

Rethinking Thailand's Southern Violence

There's no "floating new thoughts" in this situation. It's rehashing Thaksin's old failures.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

He's also the disgrace to his own people who failed miserably on previous brokering attempts and was discredited over a decade ago by his fellow Southerners.....

nor_zps747aa82f.png

Rethinking Thailand's Southern Violence

There's no "floating new thoughts" in this situation. It's rehashing Thaksin's old failures.

+1 aren't all or nearly all of nine members of the Wadah group of Muslim politicians ex Thai Rak Thai. All the claims and denials by at least one of them secretly funding insurgent groups at source below - may be they do have some connections?

http://books.google.co.th/books?id=ccGg_vMCSpQC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=Najmuddin+Umar&source=bl&ots=htSBR_WV04&sig=UmHA0Ffr0kAe6mpT7LC3GDZUggQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TT8jUbuPH8j-rAfLsYDgCw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Najmuddin%20Umar&f=false

Edited by simple1

In today's media is a report quoting Yingluck that the OP initiative is Chalerm's personal decision & nothing to do with government. I assume this has been misquoted & really saying it was not a Cabinet decision or is she distancing herself from possible blow back?

The BBC item yesterday was quite good. Thais outside the South just have no understanding of the people nor the situation. They cannot conceive the thought that a group would desire autonomy, never mind full independence.

In today's media is a report quoting Yingluck that the OP initiative is Chalerm's personal decision & nothing to do with government. I assume this has been misquoted & really saying it was not a Cabinet decision or is she distancing herself from possible blow back?

It means that it was not Thaksin approved.