Jomtien Beach Guesthouse Allowing Some Minimal Cooking?

Lopburi99

Is anybody aware of a guesthouse type place in the Jomtien area which allows some very minimal cooking on a balcony, or somewhere in or near the facility? We want to stay for weeks at a time but my wife misses cooking and I most certainly miss it too. We usually stay at AA on Soi 4, very clean and fresh, but can't cook. An apartment or condo rental is in the future but that may be awhile. Thanks.

You can get a decent studio condo for that sum (or less), even for periods of less than a month, though you would have to factor in electricity, water and cleaning. I would find this nicer than being in a guesthouse and of course it would give you the cooking/eating facilities you desire.

What time of year would it be?

Worth considering, sure. I am retired here and we split our time between Lopburi and Jomtien, In two weeks we'll visit Jomtien again for a few days begin to look around. Then I'll be going to the states for Apr and May. When I return we'll be ready to commit. Just to try to define our ideal preferences: wife doesn't like high rises, not in a raucous area; relatively quiet (I know, not possible), pool nice extra for my back therapy but not required, something bungalow style would be fantastic. Will most likely end up settling for much less....

Once we find something suitable we'll be in Jomtien most of the year with occasional weekend trips to Lopburi for family. My wife is aware our spending so much time in Lopburi w00t.gif , as in recent years, is coming to an end. clap2.gif

Edited by Lopburi99

Under those circumstances I would be inclined to rent yearly, unless you are thinking of buying. You should be able to find a suitable low-rise condo with pool easily enough. There are going to be loads of new ones for rent soon. biggrin.png

Or even a house in a village.

Once I find something we can afford and like, yes, I would definitely rent yearly. Never really considered a house in a village but I will. No reason we need to be right on the seashore, a short drive is fine. Probably a much better value too.