View Talay 6 Construction

daytraderuk99

Back to the OP.

As I understand it, the land next to VT6 is in fact 2 plots, front and back. The owners have been trying to buy each other out for years, but could never reach an agreement.

Apparently a developer has reached agreement with both parties to develop the land. What will be built or when it will start I have no idea.

I rather like the VT buildings. They are fairly sensible designs and fairly practical, and they harbour no air-conditioned orchid farms/furniture stores masquerading as lobbies, no saunas, no gyms, no kindergartens, no bungee-jumping machinery, or other expensive and pointless nonsense.

Like I said, looks like a prison.

• Like 1

Those who care to pay more for pointless and expensive nonsense like waterfalls and gyms and flower gardens in the lobby are welcome to do so. There are many different buildings around.

I don't need the impressive lobbys but I'm against tasteless construction, especially along the coast.

They built several of the view blocking monstrosities in Jomtien too.

It would have been nice if the architect spent a few more minutes with the pencil.

• Like 1

Once I was looking at a condo to buy and as I looked out the window and saw an empty lot next to the complex (at Wongamat Beach area) the real estate salesperson said to me that nothing will ever be built there... I looked at him and said, "How long have you lived in Thailand?" He replied, "Four years..." At the time I had lived six years. I told him that he has his head in the sand or was trying to be a #hitty salesman because no one follows building codes in Pattaya - no one and if you see an empty lot next door, something will eventually go up. Sure enough, two years later, another condo was being constructed on that empty lot...and sure enough, being built too close to the sea and too close to the other apartment.

Edited by toenail

I don't need the impressive lobbys but I'm against tasteless construction, especially along the coast.

They built several of the view blocking monstrosities in Jomtien too.

It would have been nice if the architect spent a few more minutes with the pencil.

You think the other buildings look better? I dont. Look at that mess they call Wong Amat.

Once I was looking at a condo to buy and as I looked out the window and saw an empty lot next to the complex (at Wongamat Beach area) the real estate salesperson said to me that nothing will ever be built there... I looked at him and said, "How long have you lived in Thailand?" He replied, "Four years..."

Oh, you found a senior partner then?

Most of the ones I see have been in Thailand about 6 months and have had 14 different jobs in that time.