Frequent Travels And 90 Day Reporting

Upon arrival you will get an exit stamp with a date.....that is how long you are allowed to stay within the country before needing to exit or report in. Every time you exit and then enter/report in, you will be given a new exit stamp with a date. That is how they keep track of you.

I have a multiple entry non-imm-o though but believe the process is the same with a non-imm-b

I have a multiple non B and been doing this the entire year. I would leave before 90 days and come back in. No problems. Just don't overstay the 90 days or you will have to pay the 500Baht a day fine. Immigration gives you a week late option I don't think the airport does.

Nobody gives you a week late option - if you overstay the fine will be 500 baht per day. At airport the first day is not normally collected if only that day but will be if more than one day. But this has nothing to do with 90 day address reporting as that is not required for 90 day visa entry.

I thought 1-year multiple B visas give you only 90 days in the country at one time, hence no need for reporting. I have never held an extension visa, but my understanding is that such visas allow you to enter and remain in the country for more than 90 days at a time without leaving (usually 6 months or a year) but a report would need to be filed every 90 days. Is it true that such extensions are only issued if you have been in the country on a valid non-B first? And what about if your non-B visas says "no extensions allowed"?

We have covered that - a visa entry only allows up to 90 day stay so no address reporting is required. An extension of stay would allow a stay longer than 90 days so then address reporting would be required if no travel to make stay less than 90 days without an exit. An extension of stay is made from a non immigrant visa entry. Normally a Consulate stamp of no extension allowed means that the normal 30 day extension of a tourist visa is not available - extension for valid non immigrant entry reasons is normally still allowed.

Of course all entry/exit is monitored. That is the purpose of passports.

I meant the precise tracking of how many days anyone spends in Thailand

Your number of days in the Kingdom each visit is precisely tracked by your TM6 Arrival/Departure card containing your Passport number.

Of course all entry/exit is monitored. That is the purpose of passports.

I meant the precise tracking of how many days anyone spends in Thailand

Your number of days in the Kingdom each visit is precisely tracked by your TM6 Arrival/Departure card containing your Passport number.

Yes, but is all data available in immigration's computers? that is what I was wondering about.

Yes, it is. Do 90-day report if you're here longer than 90 days. It's that simple and there's no charge. You can pay a visa agent to do a year's worth of 90-day reports for 1000 baht and they don't hold your passport -- they just make the copies they need.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have i understood this right ? I have an O-A visa multiple entries. Suppose to make my next 90 day report 28th of May. But I'm leaving the country the 27th of March and will be back 24th of April. Does it mean that I don't need to make my 90 day report until end of June?? Sorry if the question is obvious, just want to make sure..thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I would like to say that i admire the knowledge that You Nancy, lopburi3 and several other BM:s have. Maybe most of all I admire Your patience that You have with me and other BM:s concerning Visa questions. Well, here we go again.. I have an O-A visa, multiple entries. Is this statement correct : if i leave the country during every of my 90 days permission to stay, I don't have to do any 90 reports at all ?

This is my first year of my O-A visa. Got the visa in April 26th last Year. Leaving for Europe in a week. Coming back 24th of April. Then i have another Year. Is this statement correct : Next year in April I'll have to show my bank acconts etc for the immigration. The 90-day reports have nothing to do with the O-A visa, right ? Please say that I'm correct..:)

The 90 day reports aren't tied to your visa dates. It's very simple. Day 1 starts when you enter the country. The count ends when/if you exit before Day 90. The 90-day clock is reset to Day 1 when you re-enter. If you're still here at Day 90, it's time to learn the joys of doing a 90 day report. Otherwise, if you are never in Thailand for more than 90 days continuously, you'll never have the life-altering experience of filing a 90-day report.

• Like 1

Just to clarify for the OP, I have held a work permit and relevant extension of stay for over 4 years, I travel outside Thailand at least once a month and have never done a 90 day report. It is obviously tracked accurately as never been a problem or even mentioned on renewal.

• Like 1

You do not have 90 day stays on a multi non immigrant O-A visa - stay is one year on each entry for the one year that the visa is valid.

You never have to make a 90 day address report if you do not stay in Thailand 90 consecutive days. Each entry is day one of a new 90 day count. So if you travel often you may never need to make 90 day reports.

You do not need to extend next April if you travel often. On your last return before the one year expiration of your visa you will still get a one year stay from that date. Returns after expiration of visa will require you obtain and use a re-entry permit but doing this you may not nave to extend at immigration until about April 2015 (almost two years from visa issue if you make a new entry just before it expires).

• Like 1