British Actor Richard Briers, The Good Life Star, Dies Aged 79

webfact

Richard Briers, The Good Life star, dies aged 79

450px-Richard_Briers_Memorabilia_March2009.JPG

Briers at a Memorabilia event, March 2009

File photo. Source: wikipedia.org

LONDON: -- Actor Richard Briers, best known for his role in TV's The Good Life, has died at the age of 79, his agent has said.

newsjs

The star, who was also an accomplished stage actor, had been battling a serious lung condition for several years.

Briers died "peacefully" at his London home on Sunday, his agent added.

Briers recently blamed years of smoking for his emphysema.

"It's totally my fault," he said. "So, I get very breathless, which is a pain in the backside. Trying to get upstairs... oh God, it's ridiculous. Of course, when you're bloody nearly 80 it's depressing, because you've had it anyway."

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21498077

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2013-02-19

Such an amazing cast. Richard Briers, Penellope Keith, Paul Eddington and Felicity Kendall's bum.

Can't have been too bad...being paid to man-handle Felicity Kendall!

Anyway, thanks Richard, it was great and the world is ever so slightly poorer this morning.

Didn't he play the father in a show called " the darling buds of may" in which case he had a much better bum to man-handle .Seriously though ,thank you Richard for many many delightful evenings of great fun and entertainment. No sex,no violence,just good old fashioned family entertainment.May you rest in peace and your memories linger for eternity------ Dougal the Kiwi

Hadn't heard of him and had to check youtube. When was the show 1960's???

RIP

Mid 70s the best era for UK sit com/comedy. The Good Life, The 2 Ronnies, Morecombe & Wise, Dads Army and not forgetting Only Fools and Horses. All which the PC era would ban.

• Like 1

RIP

1970s...

I met him a couple of times, as I used to work in Chiswick back in the late 80s (where he lived). Just run into him in the street sometimes when I went out for lunch - seemed like a nice guy..

RIP

Mid 70s the best era for UK sit com/comedy. The Good Life, The 2 Ronnies, Morecombe & Wise, Dads Army and not forgetting Only Fools and Horses. All which the PC era would ban.

I was with you until Only Fools and Horses. I hated that show (which was really an 80s show..)

I liked Porridge as well.

He got to look at Felicity Kendal's bum every day...and even pat it from time to time.

No wonder he had a sparkle about him! biggrin.png

RIP. wai2.gif

I remember fancying her when that was on an I was only about 9. She was many men's ideal woman about that time and plenty of women wanted to be her..

Incidentally, The Good Life was known as The Good Neighbours in the US.

He got to look at Felicity Kendal's bum every day...and even pat it from time to time.

No wonder he had a sparkle about him! biggrin.png

RIP. wai2.gif

Look at the image at the top. That man has just said "Kendall" in his ear...he had no control over his response!

Such an amazing cast. Richard Briers, Penellope Keith, Paul Eddington and Felicity Kendall's bum.

Anyway, thanks Richard, it was great and the world is ever so slightly poorer this morning.

Didn't he play the father in a show called " the darling buds of may" in which case he had a much better bum to man-handle .Seriously though ,thank you Richard for many many delightful evenings of great fun and entertainment. No sex,no violence,just good old fashioned family entertainment.May you rest in peace and your memories linger for eternity------ Dougal the Kiwi

thank u richard!

i met him in london once. i was working in dolland and aithison opticians

in he walked, wearing t shirt and jeans, a real gentleman

loved the good life............... and of course had many dreams about felicity kendall!!!! lol

RIP u are a great loss to entertainment and the world

thank u richard!

i met him in london once. i was working in dolland and aithison opticians

in he walked, wearing t shirt and jeans, a real gentleman

loved the good life............... and of course had many dreams about felicity kendall!!!! lol

RIP u are a great loss to entertainment and the world

She is older than my mother.