Non B Visa, Leaving Employment Options?

Normally only the office issuing the extension would cancel it. I am not sure what your travel plan is but if you plan to exit in Bangkok it is probably not going to be an issue at that point unless employer has notified immigration of your end of employment status before then.

Ii'm going to Vietnam from the 14th-28th March. Flying back to Thailand on the 28th. The extension expired the 31st. I can't go on the 29th because it's my parents last day in Thailand with me, then it's a weekend. So what would happen at the airport with 3 days left on the visa? And if I had to leave on the 30th I'm guessing I still have to cancel the visa? The school won't cancel it.

Normally only the office issuing the extension would cancel it. I am not sure what your travel plan is but if you plan to exit in Bangkok it is probably not going to be an issue at that point unless employer has notified immigration of your end of employment status before then.

Ii'm going to Vietnam from the 14th-28th March. Flying back to Thailand on the 28th. The extension expired the 31st. I can't go on the 29th because it's my parents last day in Thailand with me, then it's a weekend. So what would happen at the airport with 3 days left on the visa? And if I had to leave on the 30th I'm guessing I still have to cancel the visa? The school won't cancel it.

If you got back from Vietnam and you/your employer had not cancelled your WP/Extension then you would be stamped into Thailand for three days with you then having to leave again before the 31st March!

Just to add to this.

How many times can i use the just turn up at the airport and get a 30day stamp in a row?

Can i only do it 3 months in a row? Then have to leave thailand for so long?

I'm planning on being here for another 5-6 months.

I don't mind leaving every 30days as long is it ok to do this and wont be rejected 90days later..

What is my options for being able to stay for this long?

There is no limit on the number of visa exempt entries you can do. The 90 days in 6 months rule went away more than 4 years ago.

Your best option would to make a trip to Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos and get a 2 entry tourist visa. This would give you a 6 month stay by extending each 60 day entry 30 days at immigration. You would have to make a trip out and back to use the 2nd entry before the visa expires 90 days after date of issue.

Edited by ubonjoe

There is no limit on the number of visa exempt entries you can do. The 90 days in 6 months rule went away more than 4 years ago.

Your best option would to make a trip to Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos and get a 2 entry tourist visa. This would give you a 6 month stay by extending each 60 day entry 30 days at immigration. You would have to make a trip out and back to use the 2nd entry before the visa expires 90 days after date of issue.

Thank you.. The Thai consulate in hull must be slightly out of date. as it still mentioned the 90day and 6 month rule..

I had a Thai employer call immigration to ask whether I would get 90 days extra on the Non B when returning on the 28th. They say I will but I'm not holding that to a definite answer because it really depends on the mood of the officer. I'm thinking of flying back in and not using the NON B visa, just getting exemption for 30 days. My work permit will be canceled when around the 1st April then. Is this all possible?

I had a Thai employer call immigration to ask whether I would get 90 days extra on the Non B when returning on the 28th. They say I will but I'm not holding that to a definite answer because it really depends on the mood of the officer. I'm thinking of flying back in and not using the NON B visa, just getting exemption for 30 days. My work permit will be canceled when around the 1st April then. Is this all possible?

You haven't got a Non 'B' it's long expired - you have an Extension of Permission to Stay/Multiple Re-entry Permit which expires on the 31st March; so you will not under any circumstances be stamped in for another 90 days - Immigration advised your employer incorrectly.

Arriviing in BKK on the 28th without any cancellation,, you could try asking for a Visa Exempt Entry at Thai Customs plus not put your Re-entry Permit number on the TM6 form, but if you use the re-entry you will be stamped in only until the 31st March.

If you leave Thailand again by air on the 31st then I cannot see why you need to cancel your Extension as it expires that day anyway, but you must cancel your WP that day/the day before.

You haven't got a Non 'B' it's long expired - you have an Extension of Permission to Stay/Multiple Re-entry Permit which expires on the 31st March; so you will not under any circumstances be stamped in for another 90 days - Immigration advised your employer incorrectly.

Arriviing in BKK on the 28th without any cancellation,, you could try asking for a Visa Exempt Entry at Thai Customs plus not put your Re-entry Permit number on the TM6 form, but if you use the re-entry you will be stamped in only until the 31st March.

If you leave Thailand again by air on the 31st then I cannot see why you need to cancel your Extension as it expires that day anyway, but you must cancel your WP that day/the day before.

Sorry I meant to say the extension. I'm not going to use the re-entry and see where it gets me. I think they were confused because I know my boyfriend doesn't have the extension so he will get another 90 days. But we are both leaving our jobs so his 'remaining' Non B has to be canceled anyways, so we want to ask at the airport not to use the re entry (valid NON B in my boyfriends case) and get exemption 30 days and after that leave the country again. Hopefully this will work otherwise it's buying rushed plane tickets to somewhere and a trip to immigration to cancel my boyfriends visa in 1 day.

The non immigrant B visa was used when you initially arrived - you are on an extension of stay for employment - you can not return from an exit to continue that stay without a re-entry permit but exit itself does not cancel anything.

Sorry for the continuous questions. This is a lot to comprehend with and somehow I just need to figure out how to make it work with my current travel plans. I have a re-entry permit. I've attached what's in my passport. Thanks for all the information. Do you know if I can cancel the NON B at an Immigration in BKK or does it have to be Chacheonsao where I would normally go?attachicon.gifThai visa.jpgattachicon.gifThaivisa2.jpg

Sorry but there is a stamp missing in my opinion, you have one page with an extension till March 2012, and then re-entry permit till March 2013, but where is the extension from March 2012 to March 2013

The non immigrant B visa was used when you initially arrived - you are on an extension of stay for employment - you can not return from an exit to continue that stay without a re-entry permit but exit itself does not cancel anything.

Sorry for the continuous questions. This is a lot to comprehend with and somehow I just need to figure out how to make it work with my current travel plans. I have a re-entry permit. I've attached what's in my passport. Thanks for all the information. Do you know if I can cancel the NON B at an Immigration in BKK or does it have to be Chacheonsao where I would normally go?attachicon.gifThai visa.jpgattachicon.gifThaivisa2.jpg

Sorry but there is a stamp missing in my opinion, you have one page with an extension till March 2012, and then re-entry permit till March 2013, but where is the extension from March 2012 to March 2013

You are right, I haven't got a recent scan so here is a photo.

post-151953-0-27658900-1361629229_thumb.

Sorry I meant to say the extension. I'm not going to use the re-entry and see where it gets me. I think they were confused because I know my boyfriend doesn't have the extension so he will get another 90 days. But we are both leaving our jobs so his 'remaining' Non B has to be canceled anyways, so we want to ask at the airport not to use the re entry (valid NON B in my boyfriends case) and get exemption 30 days and after that leave the country again. Hopefully this will work otherwise it's buying rushed plane tickets to somewhere and a trip to immigration to cancel my boyfriends visa in 1 day.

Your Boyfriend's Non Immigrant 'B' is not locked to his employment and definitely does not require cancellation - he should just show his passport/visa and he will definitely get a 90 day entry providing he enters before the visa 'Use Before' date.

Your Boyfriend's WP does however require cancellation.

As already posted, your own situation is totally different with an Extension which does normally require cancellation if not expired..

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I never did make it to immigration. At the airport the immigration officer asked if I wanted to use my Non B (still had 3 days remaining on it), I said no and asked for exemption which was granted no questions asked. I guess I got lucky :)