Korean Tourist Dies In 2 Floor Fall

Rimmer

Korean Tourist Dies in 2 Floor Fall

PATTAYA:--Leaping from a second floor balcony was probably more a cry for a help than an attempt to join the list of many who have died from similar leaps from higher floors. But if it was a cry for help, then, newsjssadly, a Korean Lady failed ..as she fell the few metres, only for her head to come into contact with a brick walled flower bed.

The 57 year old was staying at the Saisawan Resort at the beach in Sattahip along with her husband, They were a part of a tour group from South Korea.

The tour guide told police that she had acted very oddly and seemed to be mentally deranged in the morning, so much so that he had recommended that she rest and relax in her room rather than join the rest of the group.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/korean-fall-balcony-pattaya/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-02-19

The tour guide told police that she had acted very oddly and seemed to be mentally deranged in the morning, so much so that he had recommended that she rest and relax in her room rather than join the rest of the group.

Did her husband joined the group and left her alone, mentally deranged and all? blink.png

Amazing how many locals are mental health experts

You don't need to be a mental health expert to spot someone who is mentally deranged. It's pretty obvious to everyone. In any case, the tour guide didn't say she was mentally deranged, but that she seemed to be. Why are you picking fault with this statement? What do you expect him to say? Can't you tell the difference between someone that's acting normally and someone that seems mentally deranged? If you can't, then you may need help.

• Like 2

I find this very sad, RIP.

Not regarding the nationality, it is saddening..

I agree with you, saddening.

The report gives very little information but someone is able to make a comment about her husband?

Why not give her and her family some respect, surely they are suffering enough already?

What ever the cause dear lady, RIP.

• Like 1

The report gives very little information but someone is able to make a comment about her husband?

Why not give her and her family some respect, surely they are suffering enough already?

Well, to clarify myself. There was no mentioning in the article about her husbands whereabouts, so I thought that maybe he joined the rest of the group, instead of taking care of his wife.

"The tour guide told police that she had acted very oddly and seemed to be mentally deranged in the morning, so much so that he had recommended that she rest and relax in her room rather than join the rest of the group."

Hence my question.

• Like 1

Well, to clarify myself. There was no mentioning in the article about her husbands whereabouts, so I thought that maybe he joined the rest of the group, instead of taking care of his wife.

"The tour guide told police that she had acted very oddly and seemed to be mentally deranged in the morning, so much so that he had recommended that she rest and relax in her room rather than join the rest of the group."

Hence my question.

Sure, but why ask?

I don't wish to be over critical but we have no idea of the circumstances in any detail.

The husband may have offered his assistance and been turned down by the lady - who knows and why ask?,

When I read a sad story like this I sometimes put myself in the shoes of the family, who may read these threads and then, if I make a comment at all, I would rather be supportive rather than suggesting more questions than answers.

It's a bit like the way the Thai media publish the identity card, picture and all of a victim.

Just because they have the information, there is no reason to publish it.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

Amazing how many locals are mental health experts

You don't need to be a mental health expert to spot someone who is mentally deranged. It's pretty obvious to everyone. In any case, the tour guide didn't say she was mentally deranged, but that she seemed to be. Why are you picking fault with this statement? What do you expect him to say? Can't you tell the difference between someone that's acting normally and someone that seems mentally deranged? If you can't, then you may need help.

Well now.....

Here the report starts off with unkind and unnecessary speculation:

Snip>Leaping from a second floor balcony was probably more a cry for a help<Snip

Then, being some kind of medical expert no doubt he states:

Snip>The tour guide told police that she had acted very oddly and seemed to be mentally deranged in the morning, so much so that he had recommended that she rest and relax in her room rather than join the rest of the group.<Snip

and thus the tone is set for TVF posters to add to the fun and join in the speculation but at whose expense?

I have never "believed" what I read in news papers or seen on television, stories often change over time and what at first seemed clear, may soon become a very different story altogether.

The stories reported here are no different but they are made worse by translation difficulties, cultural differences, the need for sensationalism and many other factors.

Perhaps our questions would be better directed to the original poster and along the lines of Sybil in Faulty Towers:

Really, who'd have believed it, tell me more. etc.

I conclude that many posters on this forum simply want to have a high post score, but I have no idea why.

​Perhaps that could be the subject of a new thread?

To the posters who make a joke of threads like this, there are joke threads on TV, but your post count will not increase.....

• Like 1