Why Most Thai People Not Like Travel?

Sandman77

hi!

With this topic I want hear other reports for traveling with thai woman to outside Thailand !

With neatly every woman in the last 5 years I got similar problems!

Also with me gf now!

We travel to Angkor watt for visa run!

On day number one it begins not lock happy!

The first comment about the famous temples was, for what we come here only old stone!

Day number 2 where have som tam I not see!

Day number 3 I miss 7 !

Day number for, I want go home quickly

Because the water in Cambodia coasts

Double then in Thailand!

I think most Asian woman are similar!

Around 10 years ago I invite a maladian

Woman to my homecountry instead of watching the landscape she was sleeping in the car!

Same on my girlfriend now!

I want go back Thailand!

Last year in Lao, why so far in viantiane

To walk to farmacy, I could tell many story's!

In all the relationships in my life with thai woman, I find out that the want far rang accept there culture!

But if comes to accepting rules and culture of another country the problem begins, and ends in a endlos up to you

Or I go in room loock tv you can go alone travel..

What would be the best advice ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they like to travel, at least my wife does. I had the same "problem" as you a while back, specially in my home country I took my wife to visit places and seen she was not really interested so I tried something else, show her photos on Internet to where we can go so she can choose and everything changed. We do travel a lot now and the only thing still driving me crazy is the amount of photos she take when we travel somewhere she likes. I am not sure if this helps but what I try to say is simply try to let her choose where to go and what to see based of course on your budget....

I think they like to travel, at least my wife does. I had the same "problem" as you a while back, specially in my home country I took my wife to visit places and seen she was not really interested so I tried something else, show her photos on Internet to where we can go so she can choose and everything changed. We do travel a lot now and the only thing still driving me crazy is the amount of photos she take when we travel somewhere she likes. I am not sure if this helps but what I try to say is simply try to let her choose where to go and what to see based of course on your budget....

OH.... So now you can only travel to places she is interested in seeing, never mind what you might be interested in?

No man didn't mean it this way, just saying that maybe should both agree to a place that can interest the both, I am not rich and I can't afford expensive trips but we always manage to find something that work good for me and her.

Yes, this is what happens when you are involved with a significant other who has no knowledge of anything outside of their village.

She was probably also thinking that the money you spent on this trip you could have bought her some gold or something.

Another option is just leave her at home.

Another option is just leave her at home.

Better option is just leave her.

This is what happens when you take up with some, uneducated, uncouth unworldly village girl.

As mentioned by another poster, most of the Thais I know love to travel.

I knew a guy who took a girl to the UK, she cost him a fortune in trying to feed her, couldnt cook and demanded Thai food every day from the local Thai place, he had the sense to end the relationship on her return to Thailand.

• Like 1

All thou I know about this forum for years I am new to posting here but on this matter I am just thinking, maybe it's not about not liking to travel, it's just where to travel. As I says before I am not very rich but due to my work I did see the most of the world, I may say that there are tourist places that I don't like even if people pay a lot of money to go to, for example Maldives.... I may be mistaken but this is my view. Anyway I think it's a bit harsh to assume that if she doesn't like or she is not interested in the places she saw with the OP during the travels than she is just uneducated and ignorant.... Just my opinion

All thou I know about this forum for years I am new to posting here but on this matter I am just thinking, maybe it's not about not liking to travel, it's just where to travel. As I says before I am not very rich but due to my work I did see the most of the world, I may say that there are tourist places that I don't like even if people pay a lot of money to go to, for example Maldives.... I may be mistaken but this is my view. Anyway I think it's a bit harsh to assume that if she doesn't like or she is not interested in the places she saw with the OP during the travels than she is just uneducated and ignorant.... Just my opinion

I may be wrong, but I would wager money her eyes would have lit up had he taken her to the local gold shop.

Dont know many women would could just take a week off work to accompany some farang on a visa run.

Just my opinion.

I may be wrong, but I would wager money her eyes would have lit up had he taken her to the local gold shop.

Dont know many women would could just take a week off work to accompany some farang on a visa run.

Just my opinion.

I do agree with you on this one, mine when she was working in Thai had almost no days off, the first time she come to my home country was for only 5 days during new year. I recall it was very hard to get some days off from work.... Not sure what to say may be me mistaken but it wouldn't hurt if he would try to wake some of her interest in traveling by prospecting what she would like seeing, this would be my advice to the OP....

Never had any bad experience while travelling with the Missus both inside and outside Thailand. We both think that we should do it more often, but my 9to5 lifestyle makes it somewhat difficult.

The only thing she objects to is when I buy her something, strangely enough. Last time in Luang Prabang we ran into a small jewellery store with a French bloke running the place and doing his own designs. Couldn't help myself and had to buy an incredible blue topaz and silver necklace - it was too big, so we got a pair of matching earrings to go with that. Looks smashing, but she was all like "You shouldn't have, it's too much"... it's OK now :)

And I've met a lot of THais who enjoy travelling and do it quite often - these are pure Thai families I'm talking about.

Problem 1; When you travel, sometimes your wife will have to WALK...

Problem 2: When you travel, sometimes your wife can not eat thai food.

Problem 3. When you travel, the wife's family can not go along.

Problem 4. When you travel, you are outside the best country in the world.

Problem 5: When you travel, the wife can not be in charge.

All that said, I travelled months with my wife, including camping in sub zero temperatures, but it was a struggle indeed.

I won, we are soon leaving for another tour of Europe.

(but I suspect my wife goes with me, only to be able to show off her pics to family and friends....)

• Like 1

The first comment about the famous temples was, for what we come here only old stone!

I love this line biggrin.png

Don't ever suggest going to visit Stonehenge, might be good advice !

We once took my m.i.l., it was strictly a 5-minute road-side photo-stop ! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Not to be rude .... but you are taking her outside her "comfort Zone".

She has a limited learned set of reponses that fit only her culture .... and having to learn something new outside that set of learned responses is a danger to her. She doesn't know what is supposed to be her proper response to that new experience.

So she "hates" everything new because she doesn't understand what her proper response should be.

This happens otren to older Thai women .... and other nationalities also.

It's really fear of failure but they diguise it as the foriegners being in the wrong.

Like that woman in Liverpool that said on the BBC when asked about her accent said.

"Lord ducky it's not us what got the bleedung accent, it's them bloody foriegners what got the bleeding accent"

As the BBC interviewer said then, "With that I rest my case".

Almost every thread you start is a generalisation or bashing of Thailandrolleyes.gif

Bar girls do not like to travel because they could be making money while you sleep or go shopping.

Bar girls do not like to stay in other country, because they feel isolated, no thai tv soap opera's no som tam, no friends, no drinks every night, no shopping and simply no fun

Working Thai girls, like to travel but worry about money which they do not have.

The educated and well off Thai girls love more than anything to travel and shop shop shop

Edited by lemoncake

My gf loves to travel, and so do her friends. They are always traveling overseas. Even the Thai people I know that can't afford to travel say that they want to. You are obviously picking the wrong women. How/where did you meet them?

Haven't read past this post, will do after.

Why did you ask that question whistling.gif

Just noticed this is the last post. At least it shows I read them all eventually

Edited by overherebc

I know a few Thais who love to travel.and experience other countries.

Saying that I knew one couple, both Thai, who went on honeymoon to Europe for 6 days.

The six days covered a five country trip by coach. I'm still trying to get my head around that one.

Maybe when you're younger you could fit all the essentials in between on the bus off the bus.

Sure as hell don't sound romantic to me.

Edited by overherebc

I know a few Thais who love to travel.and experience other countries.

Saying that I knew one couple, both Thai, who went on honeymoon to Europe for 6 days.

The six days covered a five country trip by coach. I'm still trying to get my head around that one.

Maybe when you're younger you could fit all the essentials in between on the bus off the bus.

Sure as hell don't sound romantic to me.

lol, do not knock the Euro bus till you try itlaugh.png

I did 28 days Euro trip on the bus full of 22 year olds. Bus was a bed, kitchen, disco, toilet, vomit basin just to name a few uses it had.

Most certainly not romantic or even enjoyable if you stay sober, though when intoxicated for 23 hours a day, its the best biggrin.png

Edited by lemoncake