Gay Man Confronts Homophobic Preacher On Subway

submaniac

This has always puzzled me. The 'man shall not lie with man' thingy is in Leviticus which is in the Old Testament. Surely Christians follow the teachings of Christ who didn't pitch up until the New Testament so what's Leviticus got to do with it?

This has always puzzled me. The 'man shall not lie with man' thingy is in Leviticus which is in the Old Testament. Surely Christians follow the teachings of Christ who didn't pitch up until the New Testament so what's Leviticus got to do with it?

Funny how people use the Leviticus quote to claim that homosexuality is a sin, but ignore the other Old Testament stuff which most people break on a regular basis, some of which would call for death under Old Testament law. So unless you're a practicing Orthodox Jew, chances are you're already a sinner. I figure if you are already a sinner regardless of the homosexuality thing, might as well keep on being gay cuz you're already screwed for the other stuff. (And I'm saying that as someone who would have already been eligible for the death penalty under Old Testament law...)

Old Testament Death Penalty Sins:

Adultery. Leviticus 20:10-12.

Lying about virginity is also a sin punishable by death. Deuteronomy 22:20-21

Rape (i.e.premarital sex) of an unmarried woman engaged to be married is a death penalty offense. Deuteronomy 22:25 (However, if she is not engaged, the punishment is you have to marry her and give her father 50 Shekels of silver; apparently this law is still applied in Thailand.)

Having sex with your father’s wife (note, this is not referring to incest, this is at a time when multiple wives was common) is a sin punishable by death for both. Leviticus 20:20.

Having sex with your daughter-in-law, death by stoning under Leviticus 20:30.

Marrying both a mother and dauther, death by being burned alive under Leviticus 20:14.

Doing any type of work on the Sabbath, death penalty. Exodus 31:14 (“Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.”)

Other stuff which is a sin in the Old Testament, but not necessarily death penalty:

Being a male who is not circumcised. Genesis 17:14.

Eating leavened bread during the Feast of Unleavened Bread (I don’t even know when the Feast of Unleavened Bread is, so I’ve probably sinned there.) Exodus 12:15

Sexual activity with a woman who is menstruating. (You mean even if I put trashbags over the bed?!?!?!) Leviticus 20:18.

Consuming blood: This would presumably include eating rare meat and black pudding. Leviticus 17:10.

Consulting a psychic. Leviticus 19:31

Planting more than one kind of seed in a field. Leviticus 19:19. (Apparently the folks on the Farming in Thailand Forum are all screwed.)

Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth. Leviticus 19:19. (So not only is it a fashion faupaux, it is downright sinful.)

Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard. (I always thought there should be a law against them goatees…apparently there is…and it’s Biblical.) Leviticus 19:27

Tattoos. Leviticus 19:28.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Actions_punishable_by_death_in_the_Old_Testament

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 1

Funny how people use the Leviticus quote to claim that homosexuality is a sin, but ignore the other Old Testament stuff which most people break on a regular basis, some of which would call for death under Old Testament law. So unless you're a practicing Orthodox Jew, chances are you're already a sinner. I figure if you are already a sinner regardless of the homosexuality thing, might as well keep on being gay

I intend to tongue.png

• Like 2