Resident Cert

petewan

Hi, I have a new car on order ,should be ready this week. I have sold my old car to the wifes brother.

I know you need a res cert to buy a car but do you need one to sell meaning two and if needed do you have to pay for two. Thanks for any info Pete Pattaya..

As the previous reply said you will need 2 Residence Certificates.

However,there should not be an issue of cost because they are free! Try asking for a receipt !

Remember they are only valid for 30 days

Free, are you sure?

However,there should not be an issue of cost because they are free! Try asking for a receipt !

Free, are you sure?

No chance, never ever free for this cert! (certainly not at Jomtien or Hua Hin!)

Always 200 baht in Pattaya since 2004 maybe even earlier in the years. {My first Honda 200 baht in 2004} at least per certificate. Unless you have a yellow tambien on your house or condo. Unfotunately nothing is usually free when it comes to any ones government especially in Pattaya.

Edited by Beardog

As far as needing two - my last licence renewal coincided with me changing ownership on a vehicle - hadn't thought about them requiring two originals as transactions were in the same office.

Was taken to a supervisor's desk with original and copy, she simply put a stamp on my copy and signed it - confirming had sighted original and this was an accurate copy.

I have always paid for the confirmation of residency letter.

And why not? User pays.

Free, are you sure?

No way they are free, I have got them from Udon Thani & Jomtien, express was 300, next day was 200.

It is a discretionary fee I think, depends how they feel on the day.

Never received a receipt but never asked for one either.

For the small amount, why cause trouble for yourself.

I think that what "ferguston" means is they are supposed to be free but local offices impose a variable and unofficial charge.

This would seem to be confirmed by the fact that the charge varies from 500B down to zero depending on the office you go to.

It is indeed the only service at immigration that I am aware of for which they dont give a receipt as a matter of course.