Bangkok Tv Guides?

just got a TV and taking on improving my Thai this way :o

my girlfriend says there are English news shows.

I'm looking to kill two birds with one stone - does anyone know of a TV guide available in print or preferrably on the web?

preferably in English but if Thai is all that exists, it'll do.

worst case, if you know when the English news shows (public not cable) are broadcast - this'll do short term!

Edited by udance4ever

As far as I know, the only English language news broadcast on public television is Channel 11 Newsline (roughly 10'ish every M-F evening). It's mostly fluffy news reflecting the non-seriousness that public television puts forth on Thai news.

Thai Ch3, Monday to Friday 5.30pm, For English language version you must have dual soundtrack capabilities on TV.

Cheers Noodles.

PS the English version can be rather annoying as they have long pauses of silence while the Thai presenters babble on about nothing in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the replies everyone! I tend to go to sleep by 9:30 so it's been a miss for me so far but will make a point to check it out.

Nation Channel has a better English program at 8:30PM (and on time) 7 nights a week.

am I correct in assuming this is cable?

8:30 sure would be dandy! I'll start flipping through channels in 15 minutes...

• 4 months later...
"Roughly 10:00PM" for channel 11 English news is correct: sometimes 9:30, sometimes 9:45; sometimes 10:00; and often pre-empted. Nation Channel has a better English program at 8:30PM (and on time) 7 nights a week.

roughly 10PM on channel 11 is right - after all this discussion, I finally caught the tail end of English-spoken news a few weeks ago and haven't been able to catch it since.

What I found most entertaining was the attempt the male newscaster attempted to crack jokes that just didn't quite land and the female newscaster trying to go along with it and she was clearly like "whatever!"

that interaction was worth the time alone :o