Toyota: Selling Cars And Bullshit

Satanas

I ordered a Vigo in the second half of December 2012.

Two months later the Toyota dealership in Pattaya is still not capable of fixing a delivery date.

Fed up with the pointless waiting and the total lack of updates on the delivery date we phoned to a dealer in Phitsanulok.

We asked them how long it would take to deliver a car with the same specs. The answer was: not more than 2 months !

The conclusion is very simple.

The Pattaya dealership is telling a bunch of vulgar lies and a lot of bull to its clients.

What should be a 1 month wait is now becoming a 3 to 4 month wait.

I mailed a complaint to their head office in Japan, they passed it trough to the Thai Customer Service in Samutprakam.

They don’t even bother to reply! Their customer care is a complete fiasco!

It is unbelievable that a company like Toyota has a total disrespect and disregard for his customers.

There is no customer care at all !!!

I gave them till 15/03/2013 to deliver the car.

If the car is not delivered before 15/03/2013 they can stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad but true, just as waiting period is a total nonsense.<br /><br />In australia when one goes to a dealership, you have a choice or colors, specs and everything else, while in Thailand with factory being around the corner its a wait and headache.<br /><br />in my understanding, car makers have managed to create this waiting fiasco, so buying a car is like their gift to people, hence the attitude.<br /><br />the sad part is, makers who do not do as well as toyota, do not seem to have enough marketing brains to allow easy test drives and no wait delivery, they would steal a huge % of the market.<br /><br />

• Like 1

Simple supply and demand. Huge demand and limited supply. With the floods and all, we waited nearly a year for our car. If dealers have cars sitting around for immediate delivery one has to wonder why, given market conditions.

i strongly disagree with demand and supply theory, because if demand was so high, they would increase an output to satisfy the market.

also other markets would be suffering same waiting times.

I believe its artificially created and supported, so people buy cars without even a test drive.

• Like 1

I am in the same position...2 weeks ago I sold my immaculate Vigo thinking that it would be a week or two for delivery of a new Vigo, but oh no, the Toyota guy said "4 months wait because of automatic gearbox problems"

The other problem is, this I saw a so called "secret" photo of the 2014/5 Vigo which is an entirely different look, so the value of the existing model could slump

So maybe the alternative is buying another make (maybe a Cheverolet or Isuzu) and changing again after a year

Simple supply and demand. Huge demand and limited supply. With the floods and all, we waited nearly a year for our car. If dealers have cars sitting around for immediate delivery one has to wonder why, given market conditions.

They used to have before Tsunami and floods, my last one was a drive away 3 days after order.

I understand that a new government incentive to assist financing a "first car" has dramatically increased demand and was told that some 80,000 new vehicles could hit Bangkok streets alone. That, and set quotas for regional dealers, could all affect supply with sales people in no position to promise much. Then any hiccup such as supply of any key component would compound things. Toyota as a leading brand would be affected more by things like this. Frustrating, I am sure, but loss on a good temporary second hand car would not be that great I would think.

• Like 1

DD13, on 23 Feb 2013 - 14:03, said:

I am in the same position...2 weeks ago I sold my immaculate Vigo thinking that it would be a week or two for delivery of a new Vigo, but oh no, the Toyota guy said "4 months wait because of automatic gearbox problems"

The other problem is, this I saw a so called "secret" photo of the 2014/5 Vigo which is an entirely different look, so the value of the existing model could slump

So maybe the alternative is buying another make (maybe a Cheverolet or Isuzu) and changing again after a year

any chance of sharing the secret photo? because i have almost brand new vigo(1 year old, 1000km) and i am thinking of selling it to get something else.

BS ! Who still believes this ?

The shortage and waiting list is ab organized scam ! Even at Benz !

What is written on order form about delivery ? They do what they want ?

Pretty much yes. and if you go to cancel they do not refund the 5000.

then they call the next one in line waiting and tell him can have the car or get 10 000 bribe from someone on the day who happy to pay for not waiting.

so 15 000 baht profit for doing absolutely nothing.

any chance of sharing the secret photo? because i have almost brand new vigo(1 year old, 1000km) and i am thinking of selling it to get something else.

I will try and find it again on the internet.....it was dramatically different......

I will try and find it again on the internet.....it was dramatically different......
that would be awsom if you could

Glad I read this I was just going down to pay 5000 deposit on vigo after doing the deal yesterday on trade in Toyota Sukhumvit. He said one month but not one in stock to show me, wont bother now.

For information Toyota offered me 700,000 for mine, but did say try and sell it privately for 730,000

I text the people advertising for Vigos' on here, they paid me 765,000, I arranged to meet them at the bank as I had one years finance to clear, they were very efficient and dealt with everything, but I did have my Thai fiance with me, she being a law graduate, read everything before allowing me to sign, I also made them give me cash at the bank, so that there couldn't be any nasty suprises later

that would be awsom if you could

Have a look at Autoblog....they have many pics of the Toyota concept cars, I seem to remember another site saying that the new Toyota was one of these (check the Blue pick-up)

Pretty much yes. and if you go to cancel they do not refund the 5000.then they call the next one in line waiting and tell him can have the car or get 10 000 bribe from someone on the day who happy to pay for not waiting.so 15 000 baht profit for doing absolutely nothing.

TIT...I was at a barbecue buffet restaurant awhile back with a friend and we piled our plates high with all manner of cuts of meat to be cooked...trouble is we were 14 and 15 in the line for the cooking. As I had eaten at the place before and knew it would take up to an hour before we received our cooked meats, when the others before us had handed over their plates for cooking and returned to wait at their tables, I slipped the cook a hundred baht and our two plates suddenly went to the head of the cooking que and me and my friend were chowing down on dead animals inside of 15 minutes.

When in Thailand, you have to make the system work for you :)

OMGImInPattaya, on 23 Feb 2013 - 20:55, said:

lemoncake, on 23 Feb 2013 - 15:37, said:

vtjforyou, on 23 Feb 2013 - 15:34, said:

Pretty much yes. and if you go to cancel they do not refund the 5000.then they call the next one in line waiting and tell him can have the car or get 10 000 bribe from someone on the day who happy to pay for not waiting.so 15 000 baht profit for doing absolutely nothing.

TIT...I was at a barbecue buffet restaurant awhile back with a friend and we piled our plates high with all manner of cuts of meat to be cooked...trouble is we were 14 and 15 in the line for the cooking. As I had eaten at the place before and knew it would take up to an hour before we received our cooked meats, when the others before us had handed over their plates for cooking and returned to wait at their tables, I slipped the cook a hundred baht and our two plates suddenly went to the head of the cooking que and me and my friend were chowing down on dead animals inside of 15 minutes.

When in Thailand, you have to make the system work for you smile.png

Absolutely, but i refuse to bribe salesman when buying a car.

It is unheard of in any other place i have visited and its about 30 countries, NOT Only not being able to test drive, and the waiting times, but also unwillingness to bargain or offer some deals or discounts.

One might think that there are more buyers than cars available.

Buying a car should be a joyful moment, yet in Thailand they have managed to turn it into a nightmare with rather unpleasant feelings.

Back in Oz, i use to change cars every year and i always owned 2, one for myself and one for work or taking dogs out.

Let me tell you, i always managed to get discounts of 10% and more, plus freebies and it applied to all brands i owned Toyota, Mitsu, Nissan, VW, BMW, Peugeot,Hyundai,Honda, and never had to wait for more than 24 hours.

And the 24 hour wait was for 207cc Peugeot which just was shown at the motorshow and i ordered one, had it 24 hours later.

• Like 1

When in Thailand, you have to make the system work for you smile.png

This is perhaps one of the reasons why people have to wait so long and the delivery dates slip further away is because every time somebody slips somebody in Toyota a 100 baht note (or more) the delivery time for those at the end of the line slides further away.

• Like 1

OMGImInPattaya, on 23 Feb 2013 - 20:55, said:

lemoncake, on 23 Feb 2013 - 15:37, said:

vtjforyou, on 23 Feb 2013 - 15:34, said:

When in Thailand, you have to make the system work for you :)

Absolutely, but i refuse to bribe salesman when buying a car.

It is unheard of in any other place i have visited and its about 30 countries, NOT Only not being able to test drive, and the waiting times, but also unwillingness to bargain or offer some deals or discounts.

One might think that there are more buyers than cars available.

Buying a car should be a joyful moment, yet in Thailand they have managed to turn it into a nightmare with rather unpleasant feelings.

Back in Oz, i use to change cars every year and i always owned 2, one for myself and one for work or taking dogs out.

Let me tell you, i always managed to get discounts of 10% and more, plus freebies and it applied to all brands i owned Toyota, Mitsu, Nissan, VW, BMW, Peugeot,Hyundai,Honda, and never had to wait for more than 24 hours.

And the 24 hour wait was for 207cc Peugeot which just was shown at the motorshow and i ordered one, had it 24 hours later.

This is not Oz.

• Like 1

You can complain to Toyota but this is Thailand.

Ever have a Thai staff?

Most are incompetent and the ones on the ball are more interested in exploiting their position than working.

Add to that the lack of ethics, sound morals and you service, Thai style.

• Like 1

Had the crock from Toyota in Pattaya on both sides of the Suk, had one cancel a delivery 4 days before due date, guess he received tea money. Since then we have dealt with Toyota in BKK who have been spot on time, helpful and apparently honest. Initially the Toyota Dealers here tried to refuse to carry out warranty work but one call from the dealer in BKK and it was all sorted. Also offers for my old car as trade were stupid, 450K from dealer and realistic book price of 750K from Bangkok dealership.

Pattaya dealers are particularly incompetent and useless.

Why not just go to a dealer elsewhere? The warranty will be the same.

I was told 3-4 months in Pattaya, rang the dealer in Korat, got exactly what I wanted in 7 days.

They said the city dealers sell your car to others on the list that may not be farangs if you get my drift.

The customers are friends, friends of friends, family or someone who will pay more than the deal you negotiated.

We are at the back of the line unfortunately.

A friend got his Fortunner from Saraburi, ring around the country dealers first & say you have cash for a car.