Helping Soi Cats & Dogs, Glad To See And Be Part Of It

lemoncake

You need to take a chill pill, I was commenting on the reduction of the numbers of dogs on a beach, that appears to be due to a request not to feed the dogs; that to me is a good outcome. Your very aggressive responses to people who do not like Soi and stray dogs in Thailand, in my opinion, does your cause more harm than good.

I provide assistance for some poor members of my extended family, so do not insult me by accusing me of "only being a consumer in Thailand".

Yes I have done something about pet owners dogs that constantly bark and defecate in the street in my Moo Baan. Yet to have a Soi or stray dog attack me and if one did it would not have a long life.

and here we go again. You provide assistance to your wifes family, i do not believe needs a translation.w00t.gif

as for your drivel about killing animals, please find another thread as this one is about helping them and people who help .

You do not like soi dogs, do not come on to thread about helping soi dogs, save it for another hater threadrolleyes.gif

What is it with you to again insult me and more to the point my extended family. Seems to me you have an ugly side to your character. I have not killed any dogs, but will do so if one attacked me. You come across as completely the wrong person to garner support.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to take a chill pill, I was commenting on the reduction of the numbers of dogs on a beach, that appears to be due to a request not to feed the dogs; that to me is a good outcome. Your very aggressive responses to people who do not like Soi and stray dogs in Thailand, in my opinion, does your cause more harm than good.

I provide assistance for some poor members of my extended family, so do not insult me by accusing me of "only being a consumer in Thailand".

Yes I have done something about pet owners dogs that constantly bark and defecate in the street in my Moo Baan. Yet to have a Soi or stray dog attack me and if one did it would not have a long life.

and here we go again. You provide assistance to your wifes family, i do not believe needs a translation.w00t.gif

as for your drivel about killing animals, please find another thread as this one is about helping them and people who help .

You do not like soi dogs, do not come on to thread about helping soi dogs, save it for another hater threadrolleyes.gif

What is it with you to again insult me and more to the point my extended family. Seems to me you have an ugly side to your character. I have not killed any dogs, but will do so if one attacked me. You come across as completely the wrong person to garner support.

You actually read what you write before you post? who is doing all the insulting?

Did you bother to read the thread and what its all about? i seriously doubt it, please skip to another thread

Just a personnel view,

but no it's not OK to feed dogs on the streets, as, just encourages an ever expanding population of dogs.

"...... just encourages an ever expanding population of dogs."

So, let the already living dogs, starve to death?

Better throw the left overs of your meal, some bones, in a bin than give to a dog for a Happy Meal,

at least once every some day? Nice! blink.png

I stop sometimes on the rural roads in Isaan and open a can of dog food for a stray dog, out of the stock I just bought for my animals,

or even give food at the Parking lot of shopping centers or hotels, wherever, I stumble over them.

If a dog seems to need it, I try to help a bit, at least with some food. My Thai sons see and learn!

Same I learned, from my all over the world travelling mother. A "Mother Theresa" kind of woman regarding animals,

in her surroundings and everywhere she traveled!

"......but no it's not OK to feed dogs on the streets"

If you tried that words in any country of the world to bring to the ears of my mother, special when she just would doing so,

-feeding a stray dog with something-,

you would be surprised how verbal abusive a nicely dressed real Lady, as she was, -sadly she died long ago-,

can be - in your face! emo78.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Marston 100%, its 100 baht for a box of ten, I always buy from Soi Buakhow market and its 100baht for Bio-mec brand and 120 for En dex brand.

lemoncake what area roughly in the market are they sold, I buy occasionally from vet on Pattaya Tai and he is a little expensive, at that price I would use pills more often as some times they are easier to use. are they there just on the Tuesday/ Friday market day

Thanks

Edited by marstons

Marston 100%, its 100 baht for a box of ten, I always buy from Soi Buakhow market and its 100baht for Bio-mec brand and 120 for En dex brand.

lemoncake what area roughly in the market are they sold, I buy occasionally from vet on Pattaya Tai and he is a little expensive, at that price I would use pills more often as some times they are easier to use. are they there just on the Tuesday/ Friday market day

Thanks

If you coming from Tuk Com, she is right at the end of the market. have a few sellers selling puppies , kittens, rabbits, rats, birds and fish. This lady, is just there with leads and collars , few cages of puppies, and a table with dog treats, brushes, cute clothing and meds.

Another option how to find her, Right opposite Krungsi bank on Pattaya Tai, there is a bike shop(fixing bikes) the shop is on the corner, with soi running down towards the market. Just walk down that soi and you can not miss it, she is there on your right, as you walking down.

Thanks

Sorry missed the second part of your question.

Yes that lady is there ONLY on Tuesday and Fri. I am sure she sells at Theaparsit night market also, but have no idea where her shop would be.

Hi Guys

Just an update, the Mayor has called to cancel his appearance tonight due to some unforeseen circumstances, however someone from the city hall would be present, perhaps a deputy mayor.

So those who did not want to see the mayor, now can come and those who did want to see Mayor hope will still come as the cause is still the same.

PS, Party is tonight.

Thanks

If you coming from Tuk Com, she is right at the end of the market. have a few sellers selling puppies , kittens, rabbits, rats, birds and fish. This lady, is just there with leads and collars , few cages of puppies, and a table with dog treats, brushes, cute clothing and meds.

Another option how to find her, Right opposite Krungsi bank on Pattaya Tai, there is a bike shop(fixing bikes) the shop is on the corner, with soi running down towards the market. Just walk down that soi and you can not miss it, she is there on your right, as you walking down.

many thanks will be down to buy some

Well, I suppose anyone who is prepared to support an animal charity event cant be all bad, even if he does take some of the responsibility for Steps and Brotherhood of Man.

Couldn't they get someone like Alan Parsons? whistling.gif

Well i have seen the man tonight and i must say , he came across as rather rude and arrogant pompous ass. :(

• Like 1

Anyone with just the remotest interest in Soi dogs or cats could make the difference. Over two specific areas of Pattaya ,previously overrunning with soi dogs has been reduced to manageable proportions just by taking the bitches to the govt vet Third road ,operated on while you wait and returned still unconscious to where it was picked up,left to recover,stitches removed after 5 days.

Its easy and cheap 500 baht a go,best 500 baht I ever spend...off in a few minutes to do another dumped youngster at the WAT...I have done hundreds in the last few years,can recognise the lot by the clipped ears they sport. I ask the vet to take the point out of the top of the ear as he operates to identify them later,no problem with unwanted pups,just the never ending dumped ones though

This kind of info is surly needed.

I talked to the mayor representative, very easy going, she said call city hall and get it done for free.

I can see where the focus has been lacking and needs to be filled, This is Thailand, no doubt about it!

BTW Pinfold you are my hero for the day. Let me know if you need assistance!

Im waiting to hear how the party went. It took me more than an hour to get to third road, my night navigation was off, so just couldnt find the place. I very seldom go to the "city", and didnt realize traffic was so bad. After an hour of stop and go, I gave up and went home, since I was already too late for the free glass of wine! I hope everything went well, and lots of Baht were collected. Since I did my drinking at home, I will have to go to Paul and Sandra's place with a bag of kitty food.

Thanks to all who have attended or have supported it.

Party went really well and i believe was a great success.

We were actually full, 4-5 tv crews were present doing interviews, including 2 Thai TV channels.

I was interviewed a few times, i think i appeared little retarded as i was jumped by them without any warning and questions piled on :)

Anyhow, a number of people had prepurchased dog and cat food from Dog Enjoy booth, (Pet shop had a booth, so people could buy like a gift voucher for food, if they did want to donate)

Raffle also did really, really well.

Everyone was drinking and enjoying the snacks, so bar also did ok.

Paul from cats4you, brought a 5 or so week old kitten, which went around everyone arms :)

He also had 2 paralyzed cats, who got most attention.

Personally i did not have a chance to take any photo's but i believe all the crews took plenty so it would be all over their channels and i suspect some print media also.