British Embassy - Bkk

simon43

Interesting interview on Stickman this week with a visa agent. Seems the guy's opinion of the nice chaps and chappesses (!) at old Blighty embassy is not so good :o

Now why can that be???

Simon

(currently not trying for a visitor visa, spouse visa or any other sort of visa, but always interested to read about our boys at Wireless Road....)

Interesting interview on Stickman this week with a visa agent. Seems the guy's opinion of the nice chaps and chappesses (!) at old Blighty embassy is not so good :o

Now why can that be???

Simon

(currently not trying for a visitor visa, spouse visa or any other sort of visa, but always interested to read about our boys at Wireless Road....)

Never once had a problem at the British Embassy. Always been treated with the utmost courtesy by the staff there when getting wifey a visa and for passport renewals. :D

Now why can that be???

Simon

Never once had a problem at the British Embassy. Always been treated with the utmost courtesy by the staff there when getting wifey a visa and for passport renewals. :D

My experience also and frankly I don't envy their job.I think there were a few issues a number of years ago but these have largely been ironed out.As it happens I read the Stickman interview with the American visa agent tonight;the latter gave the impression of being a self satisfied scumbag but it's difficult to be sure since the interviewer (Stickman) has the sophistication and mental age of a 10 year old.

Having said that Stickman's site is curiously compelling for those of us fascinated by the sordid under life of farangs.

Now why can that be???

Simon

My experience also and frankly I don't envy their job.I think there were a few issues a number of years ago but these have largely been ironed out.As it happens I read the Stickman interview with the American visa agent tonight;the latter gave the impression of being a self satisfied scumbag but it's difficult to be sure since the interviewer (Stickman) has the sophistication and mental age of a 10 year old.

Having said that Stickman's site is curiously compelling for those of us fascinated by the sordid under life of farangs.

Little bit OTT Cassandra,the agent has had experince at the UK embassy on a professional level and would know what he's talking about,have you?

Looks like he's helped a lot of coulples settle in the US,and needs credit for that,the health check issue is worrying enough concerning the UK.

Stickman been around along time,and to say he has the sophistication and mental age of a 10yo,is,well,acting like a 10yo yourself,do you know him peronally and had a bad experince??

I get the impression the guy is a repected teacher,a very good Thai speaker,who makes the effort to they and understand the country he lives in and the poeple he meets,do you?

Now why can that be???

Simon

Little bit OTT Cassandra,the agent has had experince at the UK embassy on a professional level and would know what he's talking about,have you?

Looks like he's helped a lot of coulples settle in the US,and needs credit for that,the health check issue is worrying enough concerning the UK.

Stickman been around along time,and to say he has the sophistication and mental age of a 10yo,is,well,acting like a 10yo yourself,do you know him peronally and had a bad experince??

I get the impression the guy is a repected teacher,a very good Thai speaker,who makes the effort to they and understand the country he lives in and the poeple he meets,do you?

I must admit that i am getting tired of everyone embassy bashing - some of us have had problems some of us have not - thats life. I think its a subject that should be banned as its so damm boring!

Embassy bashing?? Not me :o I think they are a great bunch, always willing to listen and to provide unbiased advice.

As for Stickman, he reports and comments on far more than 'low-life' farang. Perhaps you only read the 'juicy' bits on his website :D

Simon

Interesting interview on Stickman this week with a visa agent. Seems the guy's opinion of the nice chaps and chappesses (!) at old Blighty embassy is not so good :D

Now why can that be???

Simon

Perhaps the British Embassy staff threw out his applications as they were written in bastardized English?

That interview ranks as possibly the biggest piece of smugly self-serving, opinionated crap I have ever read on Stickman's site. :o

I thought this interview was actually rather interesting, but I suspect some TV members classify visa agents in the same 'rubbish bin' as real/estate agents.. :o

In the UK I used to refer to Estate Agents as 'parasites' or 'boils on the arse of humanity', so you may have a point... :D

• 4 weeks later...

My wife went for a visa in February (her 4th visa) and was told that she must produce photocopys of every page of my passport plus pay the visa fee at the bank. The consular offical rudely told my wife that as she has UK visas she should know this but they have never required so many photo copys or bank payment of visa fee in previous applications.

When I went to apply for a tourist visa with my GF we were treated terribly by the smug, rude b@tch who took the application. Really p@ssed both me and GF off!!

But when I went to get a new passport etc by myself a few weeks later, I was treated completely differently. Absolutely no problems

Depends who you get I suppose.

i've always had good experiences from the staff at the british embassy. the only thing that annoys me about visiting that place is having to listen to some of the downright stupid things some of the brits go on about to the staff. they must have the patience of a saint to work there.

my favourite was some backpacking woman DEMANDING she got some kind of long-time visa because she had a serious medical condition. she said she had a fractured sternum and was going on and on and on, when it was blatantly obvious there was fk all wrong with her (or certainly nothing that would affect her in any way). she kept everyone waiting for so long with her silly story - it made me think maybe the protective glass is there to stop the staff assaulting the customers :o

whenever i have had to go the embassy consular section i always seem to be served by someone who was probably turned down for a job with british airways.

whenever i fly british airways i always seem to be served by someone who was probably turned down for a job at the foriegn office.

• 3 months later...

Interesting interview on Stickman this week with a visa agent. Seems the guy's opinion of the nice chaps and chappesses (!) at old Blighty embassy is not so good :D

Now why can that be???

Simon

:o