Time Share Touts

IrishIvan

I was just down in Patong early this afternoon. I was approached by an English timeshare salesman. These people annoy me as much as, tuk tuk drivers, and suit vendors. So after he approached me, I said I was happy to buy some timeshare apartments and I would also like perhaps more for my family and friends. When I asked him for his work permit he got extremely angry and rode off on his motorbike. I suggest to anyone that has to deal with these retards to do the same. Its highly entertaining and gets rid of these pests faster than a bargirl to a goldshop with a new farang boyfriend

Edited by IrishIvan
  • Like 2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he and the Russian girl who have staked their territory on the corner at the eastern of Bangla are particularly annoying. I sat in a bar right next to him one day so I could better understand the MO. It was amazing how many people (usually older empty-nester couples) they rope in and whisk away to their 'office' in that black car they have parked (illegally) right next to where they operate. When that car's away, there's a tuktuk laying in wait, seemingly on a retaimer or something, which they hail over.

A post and 2 replies removed ... read rule 4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

Yes, he and the Russian girl who have staked their territory on the corner at the eastern of Bangla are particularly annoying. I sat in a bar right next to him one day so I could better understand the MO. It was amazing how many people (usually older empty-nester couples) they rope in and whisk away to their 'office' in that black car they have parked (illegally) right next to where they operate. When that car's away, there's a tuktuk laying in wait, seemingly on a retaimer or something, which they hail over.

He obviously does ok, he lives in my condo block

Why is the OP knocking a guy for trying to make a living?

Why are people so arrogant they can't just say to the tout "no thank you, not interested" and move on?

Over it and out.

Because the timeshare touts are scamming people,

Here in Kata there seem to be less of them at the moment, could be connected with a company being out of business. Whenever they're approaching someone in my area, I approach the 'victim's and ask them if they know this is timeshare sales. They are always grateful.

Good way to get rid of them BTW: accept the scratchie, but pretend there is no winning combination.

Why are people so arrogant they can't just say to the tout "no thank you, not interested" and move on?

Over it and out.

Here in Kata there seem to be less of them at the moment, could be connected with a company being out of business. Whenever they're approaching someone in my area, I approach the 'victim's and ask them if they know this is timeshare sales. They are always grateful.

Good way to get rid of them BTW: accept the scratchie, but pretend there is no winning combination.

"Scam". (?)

Maybe the process would lead to think this as it is sort of cheesy, but overall "are you interested in a time share here" (yes/no?), can't quite see the "scam" there. Time share sales are worldwide, it's not just a Phuket phenomena.

Someone please clarify for me how people are being "scammed" by saying "no thank you". Does the "scammer" have a skimmer?

• Like 2

Timeshare may not be for everyone but in itself is not scamming (provided they deliver as promised which apparently can be an issue).

But the way timeshare is sold is scamming, with the touts pretending not to sell anything, and if asked 'is this timeshare' outright lies. People are getting duped in something they really do not want and are outright lied to time and time again. So yes, that is scamming.

Edited by stevenl

I CAN'T believe anyone falls for this, especially Brits. We had endless stories, articles & TV reports regarding this same thing in the 80's from Spain. Here we are 20 yrs, or so, later the same scam, probably the same people (I know for a fact 2 of them ARE from the Cosat del ripoff) and they are still collecting people!

"People are getting duped in something they really do not want ,So yes, that is scamming."

Hmmm............o.k., @stevenl.

"I'd like to dive King Cruiser today"

"Sorry, we are going to Racha today, so if you would like to dive today due to your holiday schedule, than it'll be Racha".

Scammed stevenl? They did not want that, but the money was still taken, yes?

Customer has a choice, o.k. won't go, customer has a choice, no thank you not into time shares.

The term "scam" comes from a time when carnival games that pretended to offer a chance for the customer to be a winner, in actuality did not. I do not see the same "no way out' for the time share potential customer.

• Like 1

Over it and out.

well IMO they annoy me and everyone else. Ive just found an amusing way to annoy them back. I would recommend everyone do the same. That way they know what it feels like to be annoyed also.
  • Like 1

Over it and out.

well IMO they annoy me and everyone else. Ive just found an amusing way to annoy them back. I would recommend everyone do the same. That way they know what it feels like to be annoyed also.

OP, I'm getting the feeling you have never been in sales.

One person's annoyance, might be another's (sales manager) view of persistence.

• Like 1

Over it and out.

OP, I'm getting the feeling you have never been in sales.

One person's annoyance, might be another's (sales manager) view of persistence.

so the mindless sounds of "tuk tuk" "massage massage" "suit suit" along with "Hi there you want to win a prize?" are examples of great sales techniques? Edited by IrishIvan

"People are getting duped in something they really do not want ,So yes, that is scamming."

"Sorry, we are going to Racha today, so if you would like to dive today due to your holiday schedule, than it'll be Racha".

Customer has a choice, o.k. won't go, customer has a choice, no thank you not into time shares.

The term "scam" comes from a time when carnival games that pretended to offer a chance for the customer to be a winner, in actuality did not. I do not see the same "no way out' for the time share potential customer.

You obviously have no idea how timeshare is being sold. See this or this e.g.

Edited by stevenl

You obviously have no idea how timeshare is being sold. See this e.g.

stevenl, I stopped reading here "We thought why not, it wasn't really that much money and signed up."

At the OP's last entry, no, I did not ever say or write that.

• Like 1

You obviously have no idea how timeshare is being sold. See this e.g.

stevenl, I stopped reading here "We thought why not, it wasn't really that much money and signed up."

At the OP's last entry, no, I did not ever say or write that.

Hundreds and hundreds of complaints should indicate to even the most stubborn people that there is something wrong with the sales technique. Even Patong OrBorTor is warning against it, despite the massive pay-offs.

I hear many Europeans complain that Thai food is too spicy. Due to all these complaints, maybe Thai food should not be sold?

So now you're comparing the lies told by the timeshare touts, time and time again, to Thai food? <deleted>? But to stick to that comparison, yes, if a Pad Krapao Pork is sold as vegetarian that is a reason to complain. And even worse, if the Pad Krapao is not served but changed to a fried rice pork and in order to get that they have to pay double, yes, all the more reason to complain.

Over it and out.

All there scatchies are winners, they should have a 2 week cooling of period so you can tell the companies to stick it where it belongs

I hear many Europeans complain that Thai food is too spicy. Due to all these complaints, maybe Thai food should not be sold?

So now you're comparing the lies told by the timeshare touts, time and time again, to Thai food? <deleted>? But to stick to that comparison, yes, if a Pad Krapao Pork is sold as vegetarian that is a reason to complain. And even worse, if the Pad Krapao is not served but changed to a fried rice pork and in order to get that they have to pay double, yes, all the more reason to complain.

O.K., then with this logic, the Mercure sells Pad Thai for 180thb. The Thai food place across the street, 60thb.

If the customer pays 180thb, have they been "scammed"? if there are enough complaints, is that reason to shut the Mercure's restaurant down?

Again "scam', if there is no way out, no where for the customer to walk away, I'd agree, but here there is and all we are talking about is dodgy business pratices and HELLO (!), if i had a half a satang for every one of those here I'd be Thaksin.

Over it and out.

All there scatchies are winners, they should have a 2 week cooling of period so you can tell the companies to stick it where it belongs

Yes Peter, all scratchies are winners, can you imagine the looks on their faces when you scratch and tell them: 'damn' nothing, and fumble the card, and when handed a new card do that again?

O.K., then with this logic, the Mercure sells Pad Thai for 180thb. The Thai food place across the street, 60thb.

If the customer pays 180thb, have they been "scammed"? if there are enough complaints, is that reason to shut the Mercure's restaurant down?

Again "scam', if there is no way out, no where for the customer to walk away, I'd agree, but here there is and all we are talking about is dodgy business pratices and HELLO (!), if i had a half a satang for every one of those here I'd be Thaksin.

Very bad example and nothing to do with what I wrote.