Review - Steakhouse By Jj Mkt

LawrenceChee

Went back again to Steakhouse with a party of 4 for a good night out and was not disappointed

Place is run in conjunction with Le Crystal group and like dukes is well run, toilets are squeaky clean, has good English speaking staff who are attentive and a good menu selection

We had 4 mains including an imported lamb chop and tasmanian salmon and the bill was reasonable at 2000 baht.

Normal western main fare such as chicken chops / garlic shrimp start at 200 baht upwards

Band played good easy listening music that was great for ambience and not too loud to prevent conversation

Open daily except Wednesday.

There is parking at the side of the restaurant and a guard assisting for patrons of the place ; alternatively u can also park at Tesco and walk in less than a minute there

I will give this place an overall 8 for the experience and solid alternative to dukes at this side of town of the superhighway.

I have been there twice now, the restaurant and staff are great, but the steaks I had do not compare with Dukes and Chez Marco. First time, I had their special which was a small, thick fillet but a bit tough. Second time was the Australian Wagyu Rib Eye which was tender and tasty but cardboard thin. My better half had lamb which she enjoyed (but always does). Will be back to try other things on the menu as I do like the place.

• Like 1

After years of inner turmoil I've come to accept the menu term chicken steak or pork steak here. In America I had only seen the term referred to with beef, fish and beef steak tomato but what in the world is a chicken chop? Being in Asia I can only hope it refers to something like chicken chop suey!!

There is parking at the side of the restaurant and a guard assisting for patrons of the place ; alternatively u can also park at Tesco and walk in less than a minute there I will give this place an overall 8 for the experience and solid alternative to dukes at this side of town of the superhighway.

Parking is a heck of a lot better now that the bars have been relocated down the road. Used to be seriously packed with motobikes, now it's pretty decent.