Yingluck ' Won't Be Meeting Thaksin' During Trip To Korea And Hong Kong

webfact

Well, another one of those typical, face-saving RUNNING-AWAY-WHILE-THE-NATION-DEALS-WITH-ECONOMIC-TROUBLES--TRIPS

"Dear people of Thailand, because I'll be away for "an International diplomatic trip, I'll let my ministries take care of your problems, he, he, he... bye...."whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much business is she going to be doing if she's taking her young son? ...doesn't say her husband is going

It is nott unusual for a political leader to take along a young child. Be fair. PM's have families. Sometimes the only opportunity to spend some time with their kids are on such visits. Presidents of the USA, PMs of Canada, the UK, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and many others have all done the same. I don't care what the political party the leader belongs to, he or she should be allowed time with family, especially when most of the day is taken up by affairs of state. I'd rather a PM take a kid along than have a Bunga Bunga party with underage strippers.

I'm sure that if in the Netherlands the Prime Minister took one or more of his children along on a fairly official visit to another country questions would be asked in the parliament and he would be reprimanded, with a few extra checks to see he personally paid for the costs involved in his childrens travel.

BTW there is a difference in what a political leader may do and what a PM on an official visit may do.

• Like 2

Speaking before her departure, the prime minister said she was worried about the final stretch of the Bangkok governor's race for Pheu Thai
candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen.

She said she would help Pongsapat sway votes until the "last minute" ahead of the March 3 ballot.

I guess she'll be back in time, before March 3rd that is smile.png

How much business is she going to be doing if she's taking her young son? ...doesn't say her husband is going

Perhaps it's a legality issue of some sort.

While Supasek "Nong Pipe" Amornchat is Yingluck "Poo" Shinawatra's legal son, Anusorn Amornchat and Poo have never legally married.

Do you really think the fact that they aren't married is

i) of relevance to her meetings or

How easy is it for a Thai to get a visiting visa to South Korea?

If legally married, I would presume her stature as PM could assist in that.

Not a biggy, however, as perhaps Anusorn can enter South Korea on his own merits.... or perhaps not.

While Supasek "Nong Pipe" Amornchat is Yingluck "Poo" Shinawatra's legal son, Anusorn Amornchat and Poo have never legally married.

''Poo'' & Anusorn - a match made in heaven! Runs in the family rolleyes.gif

It is a bit amusing sometimes how nicknames match up here.

Thanks for that

Yeah, I try to help out when I can to answer questions that arise in the threads.

Those old fashioned "values" of yours just have a habit of popping out don't they.

ii) anything to do with this thread?

In other words yet another off topic post from buchholz.

I don't think its a big deal either way. He was answering a post about Yingluck's 'husband'.

I think you're being a bit touchy here.

Thanks for that and yeah, he can take exception quite easily to just about anything that is said in regard to the Shinawatras. Why he seemingly feels obligated to come to their defense so much, I'm not sure.

But anyway, yeah, just trying to answer a question that was asked. Agreed it is not that big an issue in this situation, but their legal status (or lack thereof) might come up on some other aspect where it is a bigger issue. It has the potential for that, anyway.

For example, not being legally married, I don't believe Anusorn has to disclose an asset declaration statement like other spouses are required to do.

Edited by Buchholz

Thanks for that

Yeah, I try to help out when I can to answer questions that arise in the threads.

Makes you wonder if Ms. Yingluck could take her son born out of wedlock along making visits to some of the more strict countries, like Saudi Arabia, UAE and the like.

Never mind, I'm sure the South Koreans are open minded and the kid will be taken care of while his mum is at the state banket for the new president. Even though it's a son, I don't think he will be allowed to sit in for his father in this case wink.png

Why does she need to see him in the flesh. They see each other on Skype daily.

Yep.

----------------------------

Prompted, he [Thaksin] said he spoke a few times a week, or more, to Yingluck – often on family affairs, but also to advise on official matters.

“Sometimes when there’s a hot issue we talk more. Because I know the people, I know the law, I know international protocols. She is new. She doesn’t need to call me, but when she does, I can give her the answers immediately. Because I am sitting here doing nothing.”

Bloomberg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timferguson/2012/10/29/thaksin-in-exile-advising-sister-digging-for-gold/

Thanks for that

Makes you wonder if Ms. Yingluck could take her son born out of wedlock along making visits to some of the more strict countries, like Saudi Arabia, UAE and the like.

Never mind, I'm sure the South Koreans are open minded and the kid will be taken care of while his mum is at the state banket for the new president. Even though it's a son, I don't think he will be allowed to sit in for his father in this case ;)

Not so sure about that last statement rubl. The kid has more metals pinned on him than General Douglas MacArthur.

Never mind, I'm sure the South Koreans are open minded and the kid will be taken care of while his mum is at the state banket for the new president. Even though it's a son, I don't think he will be allowed to sit in for his father in this case wink.png

Not so sure about that last statement rubl. The kid has more metals pinned on him than General Douglas MacArthur.

General of the Army Douglas MacArthur did have a few. Mind you Marine Major-General 'Chesty' Puller had more than anyone else.

The ones the handsome little boy has are more in order of 'good conduct', 'high score in some game', 'elegant handwriting' and the like

Wow, you guys really are extremely ugly, scraping the barrel and quite pathetic with your innuendos..........

How sad you all are.

Now, now Phil my old GF tells me I am a hansum man and I am not sad I am happy.

I cringe when I think of Yingluck discussing anything with senior Government officials from other countries.

She is so inexperienced in these matters and a poor communicator. What must they think of her?

I always imagine it would be like a low level admin suddenly being thrust into the CEO position of a major corporation.

I cringe when I think of Yingluck discussing anything with senior Government officials from other countries.

She is so inexperienced in these matters and a poor communicator. What must they think of her?

I always imagine it would be like a low level admin suddenly being thrust into the CEO position of a major corporation.

Sorry to dis-agree, but even a low level administrator would have some idea of what their corporation actually does..

Wow, you guys really are extremely ugly, scraping the barrel and quite pathetic with your innuendos..........

How sad you all are.

Innuendo............. that's an Italian suppository isn't it?

Looks like Philw's leading us back to Poo and Anusorn again........

How sad you all are.

Innuendo............. that's an Italian suppository isn't it?

Looks like Philw's leading us back to Poo and Anusorn again........

They don't call him coprophil for nothing.

Those old fashioned "values" of yours just have a habit of popping out don't they.

I don't think its a big deal either way. He was answering a post about Yingluck's 'husband'.

Agreed it is not that big an issue in this situation.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Agreed it is not that big an issue in this situation.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Nor I in agreement with his touchy nature.

While they might have initially thought her school girl-like excitement over being so close to "Psy" as cute and endearing, I think the Koreans ultimately saw her rapid disinterest to the point of completely ignoring his live performance, while she was so close, as being quite rude and distracting and upstaging.

Edited by Buchholz

While they might have initially thought her school girl-like excitement over being so close to "Psy" as cute and endearing, I think the Koreans ultimately saw her rapid disinterest to the point of completely ignoring his live performance, while she was so close, as being quite rude and distracting and upstaging.

".............completely ignoring his live performance,............"

Pretty well sums it up. She might at least have looked interested while he performed, as he is apparently S.Korea's biggest star at the moment.

Diplomacy...........2/10.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

".............completely ignoring his live performance,............"

Pretty well sums it up. She might at least have looked interested while he performed, as he is apparently S.Korea's biggest star at the moment.

Diplomacy...........2/10.

She started out scoring a very respectable 9 out of 10 on the Middle-Age Woman Excited Like A Pre-Teen Index

gangnamyingluckstyle_zps17e2a9a5.jpg

but that dissolved quickly into her Diplomacy Index dropping to 2 out of 10.

Sorry to dis-agree, but even a low level administrator would have some idea of what their corporation actually does..

Really?

Either you are a Yingluck supporter trying to rationalize her position...or you have never worked in a major corporation at a high level.

"We grow rice and stuff...want to buy some?".

Comical.

If You Want To Rule An Asian State As A Woman, You Better Have a Father Or Husband In Charge First

The election and swearing-in of Park Geun-hye as South Korea’s first female president marks a historic moment for the East Asian country and U.S. ally. While that may sound like a revolutionary development, it actually continues a less noble tradition in Asia -- the rise to power of women who are the wives or daughters of powerful male leaders.

Park Geun-hye, 61, who defeated liberal opponent Moon Jae-in in the general election in December did not get to the top entirely on her own. She is the daughter of Park Chung-hee, the military dictator who ruled South Korea with an iron fist from 1961 to 1979. Such family connections, while frequently dangerous, are of crucial importance to attaining power across Asia, even in “democratic” states like South Korea.

The current prime minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, is not only the first female of her country to hold that post, but she is also the younger sister of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was removed by a military coup in 2006. (However, Yingluck is widely believed to be a puppet for her exiled brother).

Continued:

http://www.ibtimes.com/if-you-want-rule-asian-state-woman-you-better-have-father-or-husband-charge-first-1102901