Borscht! At Butter Is Better

butterisbetter

To celebrate the advent of the hot season -- or at least to mitigate its effects -- Butter is Better is now offering cold borscht ( you can have it heated up if you like). Our version stars beets (beetroot), with strong support from potatoes and cabbage.

It's served with sides of homemade sour cream, chopped dill, and homemade sliced bread of your choice.(We recommend rye).

The cost is 95 baht.

borscht.jpg

• Like 1

Dear "BUTTER IS BETTER", I understand you are in three locations.

Where are you serving the BORSCHT, please? in all of therm ?

thank you

Actually, we only have 1 restaurant and that's where the borscht is served. It's located on Chang Klan Road just slightly south of the intersection with Sridonchai Rd. Here are the GPS coordinates: 18.780400 98.999704. We also have a bakery outlet branch at Mee Chok Plaza. We used to have a branch at Nim City Plaza but no more.

Interestging

Just returned from Pattaya where there is a strong Russian influence. Saw no Borscht there.

Are the Russians coming here?

Are you joking. Borsht is available all over town in Pattaya now from Naklua to Jomtien. Though generally HOT borscht and generally not very good, even at Russian places. This pictured COLD borscht (I like it like that) looks very good and very beety.

I did see a funny thing at a Thai restaurant catering to Russians the other day. They had a tomato soup on the menu with a dollop of sour cream obviously thinking they were doing a Russian style borscht-like soup.

Edited by Jingthing

Interestging

Just returned from Pattaya where there is a strong Russian influence. Saw no Borscht there.

Are you joking. Borsht is available all over town in Pattaya now from Naklua to Jomtien. Though generally HOT borscht and generally not very good, even at Russian p

Well I will admit I did not see it advertised and I thought being a traditional Russian dish they would have. You are more than likely correct it is probably on many menus and I did not make an issue of looking at them.

Edited by hellodolly

Interestging

You need to get out more @hellodolly. biggrin.png The Russians ARE here and have been for a while. Just look for the strikingly beautiful Eurasian women walking around. Makes my old photographer's hear beat faster.

David

• Like 1

Interestging

You need to get out more @hellodolly. biggrin.png The Russians ARE here and have been for a while. Just look for the strikingly beautiful Eurasian women walking around. Makes my old photographer's hear beat faster.

David

Isn't it funny but 50 years ago you would picture the Eurasian or Russian woman as being a very heavy set and not very attractive woman....What a difference 50 years makes.