Police Bust Russian Gang On Samui

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if I can be allowed to be racist, I will explain also about filipinos. They are hard working, they show up for work, they are faithful, more than thais very very obviously, they have chistian faith (a bit too much faith).

They are known to be good people. They emigrate to California, they apply for a job, and are hired as soon as an opening is available.

So I am racist, just favorably in this instance, and so are many employers in america, and certainly elsewhere in the world where they emigrate.

Of course you’re being racist. Or in this case you have substituted the word racist for favorable.

You are assuming all persons of a certain nationality or race have the same traits and characteristics. For example, you are saying that Filipinos are hard working and loyal, yet Thais are not. That`s what your comments suggest to me?

I wonder what your views are regarding, Scottish, Irish, Jewish, Russia, East Eurpeons and other peoples? Don`t tell me, you have many as your friends?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not have any views regarding most origins that you have listed. I prefer to stick to origins that I know about. And I do know about the philippines, mind you. And about Thailand, as I have been coming here for some 10 years or so. And if you care to learn about russia, just read the above posts.

Thank you for your interest.

Sorry to disappoint you, but your knowledge of East Europeans and South East Asians are misconceived. And reading some posts about a few bad Russians is going to teach me all about Russia and the Russian people, is it? Well, that’s amazing, you learn something new everyday.

Bigots can never disguise the fact that they are bigots, however much they try to use other words and terms for their views.

• Like 2

Wow.

How deep is your head buried int he sand.

First I do not claim knowledge of east europeans. I just asked you to read what is posted here. If that is not asking too much of you.

And about south east asians, perhaps it is time for you to check out reality.

Thai women are ''generally'' left alone, left with children, thai men ''mai rap phit chawp''. They do not take responsibility. They do not. I heard a mother say in Rawai, in front of her two young daughters, with a smile on her face '' thai men good for making love, not good for taking care.''

Girls come to work while the grandmothers take care of children.

Where the hell have you been hiding??

Edited by Andre0720

Wow.

How deep is your head buried int he sand.

First I do not claim knowledge of east europeans. I just asked you to read what is posted here. If that is not asking too much of you.

And about south east asians, perhaps it is time for you to check out reality.

Thai women are ''generally'' left alone, left with children, thai men ''mai rap phit chawp''. They do not take responsibility. They do not. I heard a mother say in Rawai, in front of her two young daughters, with a smile on her face '' thai men good for making love, not good for taking care.''

Girls come to work while the grandmothers take care of children.

Where the hell have you been hiding??

If you say so.

It's a problem for everyone, especially successful entrepreneurs, when the mafia arrives somewhere to redistribute means to accommodate the newcomers.

Just a thought. I think if one looked a little deeper, I think you would find that the Ru mafia has prettymuch taken over the industry in the Pattaya area, bars, prostitution, drugs. I think you will also find that the local police are very well paid to let them have it. Seen it in other places and countries, including Russia.

And don't transform quickly this thread in a Russian bashing one.

wai.gif

why not bash anyone who employs crime syndicates, we are talking about the Russian mafia, if we refer to all Russians, we might as well ban the English

Edited by smotherb

Can you explain the russian visa thing? Do they have easier way to get visa and stay longtime?

Khman which is in Penang now for visa issues... smile.png

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but, I believe their holidays are subsidised in some way, so they arrive on a cheap package holiday, forget to fly back and start doing visa runs, 15 or 30 days while getting some kind of under the radar business going.

Just Sayin'

Yes they are subsidized a great deal. Using a Ru travel agency, you can book holidays at roughly 1/2 the going rate for two people. I used a company in Moscow to travel to the Maldives, got a complete Island to myself and my girl, for less that $2000 US for the both of us, for two weeks.

I follow this thread now from the beginning and i really get estonished by the way people allow themselves to talk down other cultures and their people. I am more estonished even about the number of followers. This tells me more about these guys than about the people they shoot at.....Fortunately there are many opponents as well.

This thread was about a incident assuming Russian maffia involved.

Fact is that allover Thailand Russian involvment is growing and this leads to - anyway for me - unacceptable disturbance of Thai culture. For example.. if i happen to pass through walking street in Pattaya.. it is queer i only see Russian signboards... am i in Thailand ???? Same is occuring in HuaHin etc.

Fact is to that lots of these businesses are controlled by Russian... maffia or not.

So, sticking to the facts.... there are many bad Russians taking over places everywhere in Thailand... many Russian are not polite, not well mannered... but so many Brits, Germans etc are not..

I know luckily many nice and polite Russians.. Brits ... Germans...

Lets stick to this thread... maffiosi whereever in the world need to be tackled... i agree

Discussion of moderation removed as per Forum Rules.

Edited by Rooo
Moderation.
  • Like 1

This is one ridiculous story. So, lets see, the russian mafia kidnapped some people, but didn't blindfold them and let them have access to WI FI. Then the police did something!

The only thing they were busted for was probably not wearing a helmet and fined 300 bahtrolleyes.gif

Yes and asking for 1 million baht is not really proper kid nap money maybe the police made a typo and ment 1 million dollars. I think they shall be charged with the same crime anyway.

Maybe they heldf them under the Genova convention act.

wai.gif

Exactly.

Perhaps the authorities should consider tighter visa regulations for all Westerners plonking themselves in Thailand?

Most of them are contravening one law or another and all should be investigated.

What a ridiculous statement totally unsupported by ANY facts.

yes if some Russians brake the law and kidnap people then it is the governments fault for not being stricter with our visa and we should all be investiigated. I wonder which loop hole in the law they found to kid nap people and hold them for randsom.

i reckon all us forang should have our vuisa taken away and be forced into hard labour camps! I mean any one that wants to settle in Thailand and wants to plonk themselves here should be delt with hardly. I mean who do we think we are come here looking for e betrer quality of life,. we shoudl be ashamed of ourselves. i am so discusted with my self i am going to smach my mirror

Edited by BigC

Platofrank

I follow this thread now from the beginning and i really get estonished by the way people allow themselves to talk down other cultures and their people. I am more estonished even about the number of followers. This tells me more about these guys than about the people they shoot at.....Fortunately there are many opponents as well.

Fact is that allover Thailand Russian involvment is growing and this leads to - anyway for me - unacceptable disturbance of Thai culture. For example.. if i happen to pass through walking street in Pattaya.. it is queer i only see Russian signboards... am i in Thailand ???? Same is occuring in HuaHin etc.

Fact is to that lots of these businesses are controlled by Russian... maffia or not.

So, sticking to the facts.... there are many bad Russians taking over places everywhere in Thailand... many Russian are not polite, not well mannered... but so many Brits, Germans etc are not..

Lets stick to this thread... maffiosi whereever in the world need to be tackled... i agree

Yes, yes. Quite right.

The thread is about russian mafiosi.

Notr about german mafiaosi.

Not about french mafiosi.

Not about american mafiosi.

Not about filipino mafiosi,

Not even about italian mafiosi ...

Not about...

Or is it?

Edited by Rooo
show quote.

We have seen killers in Thailand who have come from America, UK, Norway, Sweden, and Australia. Maybe we should get tough on visas with people from those countries, too.

My feelings about Russians is mixed but not at all prejudicial; it is based on personal interaction. I've met really great Russians I would happily invite home for dinner and real <deleted>. Same for Americans, Brits, Frenchmen, Aussies, Danes, and Swiss.

My points exactly.

If the undesirables continue to arrive and gain footholds in Thailand, whatever nationalities, than this is going to create big problems for the Thai authorities and the longer this is allowed to carry on, the more difficult it is going to be to keep tabs and controls on these people. Sooner or later the situation will become out of hand, plus it will place tremendous strains on the Thai tolerance levels towards us, taking into consideration that the Thais do not differentiate between Russians and other Europeans, because we are all classified as farangs according to them.

More vetting, tighter controls and more stringent rules must be implemented on all foreigners entering the country for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

We have seen killers in Thailand who have come from America, UK, Norway, Sweden, and Australia. Maybe we should get tough on visas with people from those countries, too.

My feelings about Russians is mixed but not at all prejudicial; it is based on personal interaction. I've met really great Russians I would happily invite home for dinner and real <deleted>. Same for Americans, Brits, Frenchmen, Aussies, Danes, and Swiss.

Hey, Are they really on the menu,????

wai.gif

Exactly.

Perhaps the authorities should consider tighter visa regulations for all Westerners plonking themselves in Thailand?

Most of them are contravening one law or another and all should be investigated.

What a ridiculous statement totally unsupported by ANY facts.

yes if some Russians brake the law and kidnap people then it is the governments fault for not being stricter with our visa and we should all be investiigated. I wonder which loop hole in the law they found to kid nap people and hold them for randsom.

i reckon all us forang should have our vuisa taken away and be forced into hard labour camps! I mean any one that wants to settle in Thailand and wants to plonk themselves here should be delt with hardly. I mean who do we think we are come here looking for e betrer quality of life,. we shoudl be ashamed of ourselves. i am so discusted with my self i am going to smach my mirror

is this still about a kidnapping cant quite se relevance to the topic. Don't think there is a loop hole in the law that allows kidnaping. Why would putting us into hard labour camps stop kidnappings? Totally lost me on this one with relevance to OP.

Perhaps you are mising the point.

Of course, everybody knows that there are bad people coming from many different countries.

But here, what is being discussed, are organised criminal gangs, making the news.

This one is about a russian organised criminal gang.

Some time ago, I saw a storyabout an organised criminal gang from Nigeria operating in BKK.

Now how many other organised criminal gangs made the news here?

Must be some...

Hey, Are they really on the menu,????

Thanks for not mention the bad boys from Germany!

Many from the US Boys got russian roots.

Two bad Boys from Russia is not a Mafia like the Bandidos gang busted 2006 on Samui.

Edited by Samuimike1

Russian Mafia GO HOME bah.gif

+1

Get the hell out of Thailand.

I very much doubt its the russian mafia. the real russian mafia would be considerably more skilled in the art of kidnapping. Its about as unlikely as this whole ridiculous story. Just sounds like a trumped up bust to make the BIB look good.

I lived in Pattaya for 6 years and watched the place slowly deteriorate with the influx of Russians. Yeah, it was a pishole before, but there were

enough quality people around to offset them. Well, that's changing rapidly. More and more Russians and less and less quality farangs. And a

lot of the old guard are looking to get out. So, what will be left? Who cares? Its ruined, already.

The Thais? What do they care. They only care about lining their pockets. Doesn't matter where it comes from. They'll wake up one day and

it will be only Russians here. But most of 'em won't know because they cannot tell where a farang is from anyways. Just as long as they can

squeeze 15 bodies in a baht bus, they are happy.

The visa thing? I heard that Russia has some kind of Most Favored Nation status with Thailand that allows them a hell of a lot more leeway than

the rest of us. Why? Its all about the oil. Who has the oil the world needs? Russia baby! Makes a lot of countries cringe realizing they have to

kiss the a*s of these clowns. Welcome to the 21st century.

Dear Hater,

This is a picture of Rama 5 and Szar Nicolar. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/centscru/CzarNicholasandRama5.jpg

Russia and Thailand have a long history together. There are royal intermarriages etc.

I went to Pattaya 5 years ago when there weren't that many Russians there. I saw plenty of Western European, Australian and American Sex tourists, child molesters and ugly drunks. Yes, I agree the Siberian Villagers that go there aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but to generalize that ALL Russians are like this or that is plain ignorant.

Pattaya has beautiful areas if you ever walk past walking street, I biked all over and found great Thai people and unspoiled nature. Everytime someone posts an article about a Brit molesting children in Pattaya you do not hear a public outcry that all Brit visas should be banned. So please keep your hate. If you do not like Pattaya, or Russians please move like you did when you did not like your original home.

Thank you,

Russia National

I find it a bit odd that you decry the Russian haters but then go on to denigrate "Siberian Villagers." Seems to me that is doing about the same thing.

Not that is really matters, but I've traveled the breadth of Russia extensively, and in my own personal experience, I've found the people living from the Urals out to the Far East to be friendly, welcoming, and far from "not being the sharpest tools in the shed."

• Like 1

Platofrank

Yes, yes. Quite right.

The thread is about russian mafiosi.

Notr about german mafiaosi.

Not about french mafiosi.

Not about american mafiosi.

Not about filipino mafiosi,

Not even about italian mafiosi ...

Not about...

Or is it?

mafia is a gang of organised criminals and these people were Russians. so well u do the maths

i have no problem with all Russians but Some of them i do. Even the Thais are starting to be a bit wary of them. Anyway in a country where u have many Nationalities living side by side with different cultures then i am sure that cultures shall clash.

But as long as we all accept that we are guests in this country then that is all that really matters

• Like 1

I recently did a Visa-run from Ranong to the 'Andaman Club'. This meant a ferry-trip to the island. On entering the Andaman ferry there's the usual rows of seats..plenty of room, but a left turn thru' the bulkhead door & you're in the 'lounge' with comfortable long bench-type seats around the perimeter of the room.

Well the 5 Russians in front of me darted thru' the door & instantly kicked-up their legs & laid full-length on theses long seats to use them as loungers..ignorant tw*ts!..the mood made worse by their sneers directed at any other passengers that popped their heads thru' the door checking for available seats..these 5 had taken up ALL the seating area within this 'Lounge'..& the poor old Thai man in charge on the vessel knew better than to go in & challenge them.. this was my 1st encounter with this (new) calibre of tourist I'd heard so,so many rumours about.

• Like 2

I recently did a Visa-run from Ranong to the 'Andaman Club'. This meant a ferry-trip to the island. On entering the Andaman ferry there's the usual rows of seats..plenty of room, but a left turn thru' the bulkhead door & you're in the 'lounge' with comfortable long bench-type seats around the perimeter of the room.

Well the 5 Russians in front of me darted thru' the door & instantly kicked-up their legs & laid full-length on theses long seats to use them as loungers..ignorant tw*ts!..the mood made worse by their sneers directed at any other passengers that popped their heads thru' the door checking for available seats..these 5 had taken up ALL the seating area within this 'Lounge'..& the poor old Thai man in charge on the vessel knew better than to go in & challenge them.. this was my 1st encounter with this (new) calibre of tourist I'd heard so,so many rumours about.

I have seen the same thing on ferry trips to KPN. All nationalities - usually in their late 20's early 30's. Nothing to do with Russians - just rude people. I ask them politely to move or to buy more tickets. (It doesn't always work!) wai.gif

On my last trip the ferry was full. I offered my seat to a Russian girl with a kid. She declined -she obviously thought that the 'old westerner' needed the seat more. sad.png

• Like 2