Word Of Warning Regarding I-Mobile Warranty……

Para

Bought the wife a IO6 Christmas Eve all good till last week when the lower half of the screen shat itself and had horizontal lines across it. Could still see the screen as the faulty lines were alternative but decided it needed fixing.

Just been to the I-Mobile shop Tesco Lotus, Pattaya Nua and was told it would have to go to Bangkok and would take 4 weeks! Asked if I was to go to Bangkok myself could it be done quicker they said no.

Great phone lousy after sales support.

You might want to checkout the I-Mobile by Smart Service Center web page at this Link. It may be helpful if applicable.

Seriously not happy.

Says MBK service center will fix in 1 hour I have to wait 1 ****ing month................

Round trip Pattaya-Bangkok transportation time via slow buffalo maybe...or maybe the shop you bought your device from must use a different repair shop in Bangkok. Maybe the 4 week estimate is a worst case scenario assuming some repair parts have to be ordered vs being onhand.

Round trip Pattaya-Bangkok transportation time via slow buffalo maybe...or maybe the shop you bought your device from must use a different repair shop in Bangkok. Maybe the 4 week estimate is a worst case scenario assuming some repair parts have to be ordered vs being onhand.

Or Thai time.

I am used to Nokia who give a loan phone and generally turn around within 24hrs I almost hit the floor when she said 4 weeks. Whats really got me is I specifically asked her if I took it to BKK how long would it take and she said the same 4 weeks.

Might try and call Pattaya and if they have not sent it get it back and go to BKK myself.

Another shining example of Thai after service.

• 1 month later...

So today was exactly 4 weeks after I gave them the Q6 to fix. Obviously not heard a word. Went to the service center (Tesco Lotus Pattaya Neua) ready for a fight gave my slip in and the phone was waiting. Just could not be bothered to ask how long it had been back and why they never called.

Glad its her phone and not mine!

• 3 months later...