Bangkok Governor Election: Candidates Promise A City Free Of Graft

webfact

I think what he means is he is going to go after every democrat member of the BMA with forensic precision to dig up anything they have been up to for the last 8 years. Thus deluging the newspapers of deeds long gone, thus distracting us of what his new mob will be up to currently.

We will be regaled of kick backs on water coolers, air conditioners, tyres for trucks, light bulbs, pens, papers, facemasks, fire truck hoses, whilst the PTP gorge themselves on the water projects.

I do not see anywhere in the article where "Candidates Promise a City Free of Graft." It looks like a headline designed to provoke derision and scepticism towards the candidates. Tell me if there is any city in the world where a politician in his right mind would make that assertion.

At least two are former senior police officers who are deeply corrupt by definition. One of them represents a party that is running the country and is involved in corruption on a grand scale. One is the former incumbent who is plagued with corruption scandals from his first term.

City Hall is plagued with corruption right down to the lowly Thesakhit police on the streets who fit up tourists for dropping cigarette butts and has been for decades under all parties and independent governors. None of these morons is going to change that, nor do they want to.

Its April Fools day everyday in Bangkok. Thats what keeps you on your toes here.

What happened to the fire engine truck scandal involving former BKK governor Samak and Steyr co. in Austria ? Not much news lately.

At one stage about 2002 the Thais were offering 500,000 frozen chickens from CP as payment.....unbelievable.

Did the Thais ever pay for these trucks?

Edited by jalansanitwong

I watched a British documentary recently (Panorama...I think) re Mexican crime syndicates and the Mayor of a provincial town,

required the serving Police Officers....1200 of them....to take a Polygraph test to ensure that they were Honest and not associated with any of the cartels.. It was found that at least half of the force were in fact, criminally involved and are now looking for alternative jobs

Perhaps similar methods could be used in Thailand....not only for Mayoral Candidates but the whole Thai Government...Politicians. Police and the Judiciary etc. maybe a tool to begin the destruction of the corruption that exists here in Thailand.

Just saw lots of people and a few music bands walk past. Long banner with pictures of the candidates. Couldn't see if only the independent candidates or all 25. Probably the last. Most likely just BMA or Election Commission promoting "come and vote on Sunday".

Still wondering why the first band was playing the (US) Marine Hymn though unless there's a confusion about the Halls of Montezuma and City Hall.

I'm hoping Candidate # 21,Torranee Ritthithamrong, wins.

21-1_zpsef0af737.jpg

There's some serious potential there for quite interesting news.

You can always tell a woman's place and level of importance in our society by the size of her hair....

Just saw lots of people and a few music bands walk past. Long banner with pictures of the candidates. Couldn't see if only the independent candidates or all 25. Probably the last. Most likely just BMA or Election Commission promoting "come and vote on Sunday".

Still wondering why the first band was playing the (US) Marine Hymn though unless there's a confusion about the Halls of Montezuma and City Hall.

21-1_zpsef0af737.jpg

You can always tell a woman's place and level of importance in our society by the size of her hair....

No offence meant (of course), but I'm almost looking forward to bump into Medusa instead rolleyes.gif

21-1_zpsef0af737.jpg

No offence meant (of course), but I'm almost looking forward to bump into Medusa instead rolleyes.gif

Although she didn't win the election, Khun Torranee came in at a very respectable 17th place in the vote count. whistling.gif

Oh well, we'll have to settle for four years of less-interesting news, but I'm looking forward to her doing better in the 2017 election.

rolleyes.gif