Why Are They So Slow.?

Ace of Pop

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, lets ask a question. Was your Thai Fortuna petrol or diesel ?

It was a 3 Litre Turbo, we hired 2. Drove from Bkk to Chang Mi. where they changed them for a Civic and a Toyota like a Civic size. Im a user not an Expert.The Trucks were good on the Highway, but when we hit the Mountains they were Flat ,small Cars flew passed.The point is both me and my Norwegian Family we traveled in convoy with say the same. The 2 Salon Cars are superb, we swop them sometimes.the Toyota isn't as good on handling. Why the Clatterbucket Diesel in 2013 was my question Thank you Transam, clearly a V 8 has more manners than a Cart.

Oh dear oh dear, this should get the Toyota fanatics up from the chairs, LOL.

So you rented two of them and they were both <deleted> up in the mountains, the 3.0 diesel engine should be very strong there. Oh dear Oh dear.

Now you really destroyed Transam's day (or evening I should say, so go and have a beer or 10, eh)thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Weeeeeeeell, couldn't really understand your OP. Fortuna or Vigo has the most Torque to do stuff than any other at low RPM and up. Don't care where you hire a 4 pot diesel, the figures are plain to see. LOS is no different, BUT, an SUV heavy weight cannot compare to anything else that you hired. Did you know that the Toyota Fortuna has more torque and HP than many V8 gas rides.

Weeeeeeeell, couldn't really understand your OP. Fortuna or Vigo has the most Torque to do stuff than any other at low RPM and up. Don't care where you hire a 4 pot diesel, the figures are plain to see. LOS is no different, BUT, an SUV heavy weight cannot compare to anything else that you hired. Did you know that the Toyota Fortuna has more torque and HP than many V8 gas rides.

Not much point having the power if it hops all over the bends is it.? Those Mtisu and Civics flew by, unless you conned the Auto by holding he Brake and reving the balls off.. Mopeds out ran us. Those Mitsu seem to shift. Im 66 Y.O. and aint interesred in Chips to make em go. But again, why are they so dam noisey, that was my O.Qwai.gif

Troll post.

Simply no way a Honda Civic (even the 2.0L) could hold a candle to a 3.0L diesel Fortuner in the hills.

Go away OP.

A 2.0 would, but only unladen, perhaps just a driver and one passenger. The fortuner wouldn't even notice 5 passengers and luggage onboard.

Not much point having the power if it hops all over the bends is it.? Those Mtisu and Civics flew by, unless you conned the Auto by holding he Brake and reving the balls off.. Mopeds out ran us. Those Mitsu seem to shift. Im 66 Y.O. and aint interesred in Chips to make em go. But again, why are they so dam noisey, that was my O.Qwai.gif

Think your having a crisis that only you understand. Toyota 4 pots are the quickest off the line and are the quietest of the LOS 4 pots.

As for ''They flew by'', YOU were driving your ride. coffee1.gif

Maybe V8 gas rides from your "era" cheesy.gif

Maybe V8 gas rides from your "era" cheesy.gif

Perhaps, but they were no laughing matter, just fun eh. smile.png

Troll post.

Simply no way a Honda Civic (even the 2.0L) could hold a candle to a 3.0L diesel Fortuner in the hills.

Go away OP.

A 2.0 would, but only unladen, perhaps just a driver and one passenger. The fortuner wouldn't even notice 5 passengers and luggage onboard.

Yep - unladen with driver only, the Civic 2.0L would be close to line-ball with a Fortuner 3.0L in the hills. But the troll here was describing a heavily laden 2-car convoy ;)

Erm just a guess. Is it because they weigh 2 tonne and have the aero qualities of a barn ?

You may well of found the Speed answer. @ Tons and 170Bhp, the Power to weight Ratio , BHP per ton is low compared to a Car. I still wonder why Euro Diesels like in the Ford Mondeo don't Clatter, are they a different design?.

Has the OP contacted Toyota about it ?.

Why bother as it was a rental !. Maybe the OP didn't know how to work the Automatic gearbox and only used the "R" as it maybe meant Racing thumbsup.gif

....or "P" as in Power.

Edited by Semper
  • Like 1

Has the OP contacted Toyota about it ?.

Why bother as it was a rental !. Maybe the OP didn't know how to work the Automatic gearbox and only used the "R" as it maybe meant Racing thumbsup.gif

....or "P" as in Power.

I would mark the Auto Box differently. F 1.2.3., and B for Backwards.Its not rocket science,stick it in Forwards and Welly It. Does anyone actualy use the other 2 forward settings.?. Doesnt anyone know if a Euro Diesel is a different design.My O.Q. Transam must know, he seems the only Tec Guy out there.biggrin.png