Where To Best Stay In Pattaya?

Spark8

Hello there,

We are considering Pattaya as a place to stay for a couple of months.

What we are looking for is:

- Quite, green, clean area

- Apartment or a small house to rent

- Very close to a market with lots of fruits (we are raw vegans and eat a ton of fruit daily)

- Close to a supermarket where we can get organic greens

- Close to nice running routes

- Close to a 400m stadium or a park where we can do sprint training

Another question: how easy is it to find a place to rent for 1-2 months in Pattaya?

Is there a local gathering for all the health conscious people living there?

We would be so grateful for your help and advice.

Thank you much!

Your list is quite specific. It would be hard to accommodate in pretty much any city anywhere. Since you seem inclined to more healthy activities, why are you choosing a busy city like Pattaya? As opposed to more low key areas like Chantaburi, Krabi, Khao Lak, Chiang Rai, etc? Just curious....

Also, there are vast differences in the various "neighborhoods" around Pattaya. These areas include central Pattaya (obviously the busiest/noisiest), NaKlua, Pratumnak, Jomtien, East Pattaya (dark side), South of Pattaya (Bang Saray/Ban Amphur/NaJomtien, etc), etc. Some of these areas would require your own transport, but might get you closer to what you are looking for.

Here's my comments:

- Quite, green, clean area: Very difficult to obtain in central Pattaya, easier if you go outside town. Noise is a big problem almost anywhere in Thailand.

- Apartment or a small house to rent: 1-2 months rent is more difficult to find. Most want a minimum of 1 year, some will do 6 months, and fewer will do monthly rentals. Prices go up significantly for the shorter term rentals.

- Very close to a market with lots of fruits (we are raw vegans and eat a ton of fruit daily): lots of fresh markets all over town, in every area. Though many only operate a few days a week.

- Close to a supermarket where we can get organic greens: There are some places that sell these, though in limited quantities...and as elsewhere...the definition of "organic" can be interesting. I'd guess the market in Central Festival would be a good spot. Tesco has some on offer, maybe some at Makro, etc. Organic is just catching on, but I'd guess the enforcement of this label would be questionable, as it is elsewhere.

- Close to nice running routes: Pratumnak Hill is quite popular. Most other places you'll be doing it alongside roads...which can be quite dangerous. Phoenix golf course is quite nice. Around Maprachan Lake.

- Close to a 400m stadium or a park where we can do sprint training: Not sure, but there is a big stadium on Chaiyaphruek?

Is there a local gathering for all the health conscious people living there? I'd guess that'd only be in the gyms here. Hopefully others can jump in here.

Between Huay Yai and Chaiyapruek 2,

Sports stadium - check,

lots of daily markets - check,

good roads for running - check,

quiet,clean and green - check (well as quiet as it can be in rural areas!)

Easy access to Macro and Tesco - check,

Apartments or small house - check

You need to go and have a "run" around the area to see if it suits your needs!!!

First the russians and now this.

Why in the world would a health-consious person consider Pattaya as a place of residence, since the air-pollution alone must be reaching record levels. And then go jogging in such an environement (with a gas mask or what?). Good heavens........!

Cheers.

Why in the world would a health-consious person consider Pattaya as a place of residence, since the air-pollution alone must be reaching record levels. And then go jogging in such an environement (with a gas mask or what?). Good heavens........!

Cheers.

Air is pretty good here on the beach south of town! wink.png

Cheers.

we don't complain 2.5km east of Sukhumvit. no pollution (except me and my dogs farting once in a while) and much lower humidity than Jomtien or downtown Pattaya.

• Like 1

Cheers.

we don't complain 2.5km east of Sukhumvit. no pollution (except me and my dogs farting once in a while) and much lower humidity than Jomtien or downtown Pattaya.

That must be on Sunday's, after your port and cheese??? tongue.png

• Like 1

Thank you, this is very helpful. We usually stay around Chaing Mai, however right now it is very smokey there, so we had to leave. Really appreciate your detailed points, has helped us to chose other areas and look into the islands.

Your list is quite specific. It would be hard to accommodate in pretty much any city anywhere. Since you seem inclined to more healthy activities, why are you choosing a busy city like Pattaya? As opposed to more low key areas like Chantaburi, Krabi, Khao Lak, Chiang Rai, etc? Just curious....

Also, there are vast differences in the various "neighborhoods" around Pattaya. These areas include central Pattaya (obviously the busiest/noisiest), NaKlua, Pratumnak, Jomtien, East Pattaya (dark side), South of Pattaya (Bang Saray/Ban Amphur/NaJomtien, etc), etc. Some of these areas would require your own transport, but might get you closer to what you are looking for.

Here's my comments:

- Quite, green, clean area: Very difficult to obtain in central Pattaya, easier if you go outside town. Noise is a big problem almost anywhere in Thailand.

- Apartment or a small house to rent: 1-2 months rent is more difficult to find. Most want a minimum of 1 year, some will do 6 months, and fewer will do monthly rentals. Prices go up significantly for the shorter term rentals.

- Very close to a market with lots of fruits (we are raw vegans and eat a ton of fruit daily): lots of fresh markets all over town, in every area. Though many only operate a few days a week.

- Close to a supermarket where we can get organic greens: There are some places that sell these, though in limited quantities...and as elsewhere...the definition of "organic" can be interesting. I'd guess the market in Central Festival would be a good spot. Tesco has some on offer, maybe some at Makro, etc. Organic is just catching on, but I'd guess the enforcement of this label would be questionable, as it is elsewhere.

- Close to nice running routes: Pratumnak Hill is quite popular. Most other places you'll be doing it alongside roads...which can be quite dangerous. Phoenix golf course is quite nice. Around Maprachan Lake.

- Close to a 400m stadium or a park where we can do sprint training: Not sure, but there is a big stadium on Chaiyaphruek?

Is there a local gathering for all the health conscious people living there? I'd guess that'd only be in the gyms here. Hopefully others can jump in here.