Good, Reasonably Priced Barbers Near Sukhumvit?

Shoeboat

I used to live in On Nut which had a great barbers. I only ever require a head shave but would get shoulder massage, wet shave, the works for 70 baht - which I always considered too low and would happily always tip.

I now live in Nana, and the barbers on Soi 11 have a bad attitude and charge 250 baht.

I don't expect anywhere on or near central Sukhumvit to be 70 baht but is there anywhere that is closer to what I am looking for between Phrom Phong and Ploen Chit?

Thanks

SB

i haven't lived in Thailand for several years but i used to go to barbers on soi Thaonglor, from memory less than 150m from Sukhumvit but again don't quote me. they were cheap as well maybe 100 baht.

however as i have not been back to them for several yrs i cannot confirm if they are still in business.

I know many will scream bloody murder for me suggesting this place, but the barbers at the shop at the Grace Hotel do a great job. They are used to some very finicky customers from middle eastern countries and hence take their time and do the job right. Your best bet is to bring a picture of yourself with your hair cut the way you like it. They'll match it spot on. They charge 150 baht but it's well worth it. I won't go anywhere else.

Procede down Sukhumvit Soi 23 about 200 m. On the left, before you reach Soi Cowboy, you will find a great barbershop. In the front of the shop the owner sells/repairs watches. I think the price is abouy B70.

There's a barbers in Phra Khanong station, but my experience there was poor. I've been using the one in Sukhumvit MRT for about 5 years and now look forward to my cheap haircut with no scratchy shirt afterwards.

I just want to find a barber that uses a trimmer and guard for a quick short back & sides haircut rather than those that use a comb which tends to layer your hair so that you walk out with your head shaped like a light bulb

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to find a barber that uses a trimmer and guard for a quick short back & sides haircut rather than those that use a comb which tends to layer your hair so that you walk out with your head shaped like a light bulb

That's possibly due to the shape of your head?

That's possibly due to the shape of your head?

Sounds like yours needs rearranging