Getting A 42'' Plasma Tv To Thailand From The Uk

Uniquesecurity

Plasmas are delicate, checked baggage in its original packing (if you're travelling with it).

Seriously I'd sell it and buy a new one here.

Correct! it will cost you more than it's worth in the long run.And on top of that Plasmas have a life expectancy lower than buying a new LCD.i.e the picture quality fades out much sooner.

Why not give Gran or another worthy person in your life: a nice going away gift?

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

Majic is spot on. Give it to someone worthy.

What does a 52" (51?) plazma costs here these days? 400 quid? I picked up a new 52" LCD September 2009 for 15,400 Baht and the price on those has dropped quite a bit since then. I've a twin DVI output on my desktop which I connect to it for watching movies or if I'm doing something that needs dual screen. Power consumption is far lower as is the heat generated by the unit. If I'd bought I plasma 3 1/2 years ago I'd have had to get re-gassed by now which no doubt wouldn't be cheap.

a new LCD t.v 42 inch or up to about 50 inch in tesco lotus over here is about 15,000 - 18,000 baht

for a good make , its just not worth the sh1t to bring 1 over and then get it from airport to your home .

Plus import duty.